Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Just RANDOM thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/23, 04:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
Isn't that the same as my Parents always voted a straight Republican ticket until they died, now they vote Democrat
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (9/9/23)
Old 9/12/23, 07:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts

Groundhog Day Life Lessons

1. Without consequences, nothing matters.

It’s maybe the most profound lesson that Groundhog Day offers, and it’s a good one to reflect on, even if it’s one of the most basic principles of being a well-adjusted human. Everything we do affects other people, and though it’s fun to imagine a universe where that weren’t the case, that’s not how it works. In the end, we’re defined by the effect we have on everyone else.
Old 9/12/23, 07:22 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn

Groundhog Day Life Lessons

1. Without consequences, nothing matters.

It’s maybe the most profound lesson that Groundhog Day offers, and it’s a good one to reflect on, even if it’s one of the most basic principles of being a well-adjusted human. Everything we do affects other people, and though it’s fun to imagine a universe where that weren’t the case, that’s not how it works. In the end, we’re defined by the effect we have on everyone else.
Absolutely! Just Had A Real Good Example of One of Those Days! I Will Share Later. All Thrusters are Not Firing Yet!

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/12/23, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts
Here:

Old 9/13/23, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

2. Got downtime? Make the most of it.

We’ve all been dumped, laid off or otherwise been made to sit around waiting. And while we can choose to mope, feeling low and unengaged actually provides us with a great opportunity to do stuff we might not otherwise. Among other things, Phil Connors (Bill Murray) uses his prison of time to learn French and master the piano. (He also kidnaps Punxsutawney Phil, but maybe not every pursuit he engages in is worth emulating.)
Old 9/15/23, 07:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

3. Don’t give up.

Again, Groundhog Day as life metaphor: Most of us have at some point been trapped in a situation where no matter what we did, we couldn’t extricate ourselves from some endless cycle of lameness. In the film, Phil’s attempts to bypass the situation altogether by offing himself don’t pan out; they don’t solve anything. The lesson is clear: Giving up doesn’t solve the problem.
Old 9/15/23, 11:55 PM

Old 9/16/23, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I hate the Dallas Cowboys
Started 09/16/12

The Topic Starter Was Banned and is Gone But The Thread Lives On! 8600+ Views Later!

And This Guy Could Post!

Total Posts
  • Total Posts: 14,332
  • Posts Per Day: 3.13
  • Last Activity: 5/20/13 01:38 PM
That is Crazy!

Deep Random Thoughts!

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/17/23, 01:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Started 09/16/12

The Topic Starter Was Banned and is Gone But The Thread Lives On! 8600+ Views Later!

And This Guy Could Post!

Total Posts
  • Total Posts: 14,332
  • Posts Per Day: 3.13
  • Last Activity: 5/20/13 01:38 PM
That is Crazy!

Deep Random Thoughts!

Mgb,

KC
I am not sure how you guys can just flat ban any guy wuth 6,000 posts? It is your way or the highway? There is no way to add new members without being a friendly place for Mustang owners? n
I'd add members. There are too many Mustangs guys that you can ignore. They have the cash money to spend on cars and cars parts which means better much revenue for guys with good partners.

Old 9/17/23, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by 95cobraR
I am not sure how you guys can just flat ban any guy wuth 6,000 posts? It is your way or the highway? There is no way to add new members without being a friendly place for Mustang owners? n
I'd add members. There are too many Mustangs guys that you can ignore. They have the cash money to spend on cars and cars parts which means better much revenue for guys with good partners.
You Know Doc I Just Got Through Making a New Thread For You Earlier. I thought You Would Enjoy it! This is The Third Time You Zinged Me With the Highway Line! I Thought You Were Gonna Start Using the So The Folks Know Your Cutting Up!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...4/#post7079262

We are Quite in Agreement on your Second Paragraph.

The Member in Question 11 Shelbygt500 Was Banned in 2013. I was Nowhere Around and All I Have Banned So Far are AI Bot Spammers For The Most Part. Anybody Out There Remember this Guy and What the Circumstances Were??

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/17/23, 05:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
To tell the truth I remember seeing the name but I have a V6 and stayed out of a lot of the forums since at that time we as a V6 crowd were treated like we were lower than Pond Scum on the food chain, not by all but by some and most of them have moved on or were banned.
Old 9/17/23, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
To tell the truth I remember seeing the name but I have a V6 and stayed out of a lot of the forums since at that time we as a V6 crowd were treated like we were lower than Pond Scum on the food chain, not by all but by some and most of them have moved on or were banned.
I will say digging into the Site I Have Seen Things that were Very Disappointing in The Past which were Rampant. I'm Determined to Not Let that Start up Ever Again. All the Current Tms Mods are Onboard. I Don't Know what else I can do at this Point to Have a Friendlier Attitude.

What is Doc Seeing That is Unfriendly in the Current Environment? I Did a Little Checking at Another Mustang Website this A.M. I found one of the Banned Members I Had Seen in the old Topics. Believe Me That Person Was not an Asset to This Site. Also Observed at That Site Was a Moderator with an Obscene Profile and Other Members With Obscene Titles. We are Closer To a Church Social Here. If That is The Norm these Days I'm Not Interested. It was a Zoo and a Poor Reflection on Society!

Oh And Doc AKA Cobra R is Yanking My Chain! He Just Forgets This! Enjoy Your Gt-350 Thread, I Changed All the Car Vids to YUGO'S!

Mgb,

KC
m05fastbackGT (9/18/23)
Old 9/18/23, 07:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

4. And you need people in life – yes, even the Ned Ryersons.

At the beginning of the film, Murray’s character doesn’t exactly love other people. He goes through life brushing off anyone who tries to get in – even his lovely producer Rita (Andie MacDowell). But getting trapped in Punxsutawney forces Phil to get to know all the people he’d otherwise ignore. He comes around, even with the ones he especially doesn’t like, such as the famously annoying Ned (Stephen Tobolowsky). There’s reason to give everyone the time of day.
Old 9/18/23, 07:53 AM

That is a Really Good One There! Really Good! Thanks For The Little Series!

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/18/23, 04:01 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Shelbygt500 can stay banded IMHO...
Old 9/18/23, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Shelbygt500 can stay banded IMHO...
When I First Saw The Post I thought My Car Was in Question

The Old TMS Jail has Little Parole's Givin Out!

Never Mind!

KC
Old 9/19/23, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

5. Live like there’s no tomorrow.

It’s a simple question but a good one: How would you act if there were nothing beyond today? What would you do if this were the last day you had to give everyone else something to remember you by? It takes Murray’s character a bit to come up with the right answer to these questions, but he does eventually get there.
Old 9/19/23, 06:47 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
It has always been pretty tough to get banned around here...Spammers get it immediately but if someone was banned there was a reason. Some members turned into spammers after being productive for some time...I've never been approached but there is financial gain from some for link clicks so some people fell for it and started inserting them. Then there were trouble makers....I remember banning one member because the IP address was an exact match to a vendor that was using the account to support himself and he was a professional victim and threatened to sue anyone who had anything negative to say about his product...or even offer to do a comparison test of products. So there's always a reason but after 20 years it's tough to remember them all....

In general though this has been a good laid back forum and we just want to keep it friendly, welcoming and drama free....There's no benefit or need to be ugly to people and there is no useful place for a troll...I know it's a sort of sport on some sites but the focus here is useful information and building friendships among a group of people sharing the same hobby.
m05fastbackGT (9/19/23)
Old 9/19/23, 06:58 AM

Paul, As Usual a Clear Commom Sense View of Things! Much Appreciated Sir!

While I Caught Two Spammers Fresh After Enrollment Yesterday on the Good Side 4 New Members Joined! Hope The Uptick Continues! We Must Be Doing Something Right!

Two New Members Already This AM and One More Spammer at The Gate Gone!

Check Out the Latest 2024 Vid! 50 State Legal Whipple Charged Gt or So They Say!

All Vids in Curated Content Section By Model!

Enjoy,

KC

m05fastbackGT (9/19/23)
Old 9/21/23, 06:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

6. Ignore the rules that don’t matter.

That’s not to say that you should spend your own personal Groundhog Day living like a goodie two-shoes. Part of the “last day on earth” magic is that it gives you a chance to think really hard about the things you’ve done every other day – and then discard the stuff that’s dumb.

Quick Reply: Just RANDOM thoughts