Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Jackson Verdict at 430 est!

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/05, 06:37 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
I am going to say one thing on this.....The court did not necessarily find him "innocent" they found him "not guilty"....He may very well be guilty....we don't know for sure but the jury had to base their decision on "Beyond a reasonable doubt" so if the prosecution did not do their job properly then there would be reasonable doubt and therefore the jury must return a "Not Guilty" verdict....that does not mean he is innocent.

I personally think that there might be "something" to all this....it is too coincidental to have this happen over and over and he be completely innocent. I know people who work in child services and know the profile and he fits it.

One thing IS for sure....he will be more careful in the future IF he is guilty...this experience has taught him nothing but how to better hide things.
Old 6/13/05, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's not significant, sad and sick is what he is. I'm done talking about him.
Old 6/13/05, 07:44 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@June 13, 2005, 6:02 PM
The item which was proven beyond a reasonable doubt is Jackson and the victim's mother are both trash. One of them had to win. The next step for Jackson is to molest his own kid, if he hasn't already.

I wouldn't allow my kids to be near that crutch graving POS pervert with or without my presence. Sorry Jessica, I fail to see how you place any significance or importance on the growth of a child to be rubbing elbows with strangers, regardless of their popularity, with or without supervision. But hey, to each his/her own. I know I have my priorities in order.

George, whether you intended it or not, your tone is condescending, and exceedingly insulting. You dont know me, the way I raise my children, or where my priorities lie. The only thing I have presented regarding my personal opinion on this is that I would have no qualms with my children being around him in my presence. That is specifically because I am confident in my ability to protect my children.

The next step is anyone's guess. You can not tell me that you know without a shadow of a doubt that MJ infact touched any child innaprioprately. Unless, of course you were present during an occurance of said event. If that were the case, we would have seen you on the witness stand.

As for him having children in the bed sleeping, well, I frankly disagree with this practice across the board, whether or not it is your child. However, yet again, I put responsibility on the parents for this happening. My child rarely spends the night anywhere, but you better bet she wouldnt be spending the night ANYWHERE if the adult wanted the child in thier bed, innocent intentions or not. On that note, however, do I feel that these people ought to be held criminally responsible for thier beliefs that children are welcome in an adult bed? Nope. Barring of course, any inappropriate behavior. I can tell you that there will be far fewer children spending the night at Neverland. Hopefully, that simple admission is enough for people to be more careful, with ANY adult they leave thier children with.

I am simply pointing out that making a unilateral decision as to one's guilt in any situation is a dangerous practice to engage in. The system worked as it should have. Some people agree with the verdicts, some dont. I can neither agree nor disagree, as I am not informed on any facets of the evidence.
Old 6/14/05, 03:24 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 13, 2005, 9:47 PM
George, whether you intended it or not, your tone is condescending, and exceedingly insulting...
I have stated my point of view and replied to your posts, which I find very clear in their context. I take people at their word and I certainly did not misintepreted yours. Perhaps reviewing your posts might provide a hint to possible interpretations. Had "insulting" been my goal I would have done a lot better than that.
Old 6/14/05, 05:17 AM
Cobra Member

all I can add is:
Old 6/14/05, 05:54 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
all i can say is the system is very flawed.

Look at all the people who were sentenced to life, have wasted years and years of thier lives and now are proven innocent because of DNA testing. The system is flawed because human nature is involved. And no i don't know how to fix it.

On that note..this verdict is not the least bit suprising to me.

Oh and on the mod side of things ..keep it civil or this one gets locked.
Old 6/14/05, 05:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well now that he has been found not guilty, you would think that if Michael is a rational person that he would realize that he should not associate with children anymore. If he wants to help kids with cancer etc., he can do so from a distance through a third party. Perhaps its time to sell the Neverland Ranch, sell the midway machines, toys etc and also his Beatles ownership then pay off his debts and fade away.

I think he wants to move to Africa? Does Africa have child molestation laws? Hmmm what would be the penalty? Boiled in a pot of hot water? Can you imagine Michael Jackson Stew.....geez then he really would be white! On hearing Michael wants to move to Africa, Africa has announced it is moving to Australia.
Old 6/14/05, 06:25 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only celeb that I can think of off hand that has been convicted of anything major in recent memory is Mike Tyson. Also note that his trial didn't take place in California.
Old 6/14/05, 06:35 AM

There is one fact which has been overlooked. Jackson's persistant obsession is not with all children, it is limited to boys. He has shown no interest in girls, and the reasons are obvious to most.

I believe the victim's mother set him up, he took the bait, and cashed in on the opportunity. Honey for the bear. I also believe he is finished all around.
Old 6/14/05, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mobster@June 13, 2005, 4:39 PM
more than that, Who is Jay Leno going to make fun of now?

Jay Leno did talk about him last night. He said, "You know, if MJ was black, he would have never gotten away with that!"

Then he said,"Imagine how Martha Stewart feels, OJ -- off, Robert Blake -- Off, Michael Jackson -- off ------------------
Her? She makes ONE PHONE CALL to her broker -- PRISON!"

Old 6/14/05, 08:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@June 14, 2005, 8:14 AM
Jay Leno did talk about him last night. He said, "You know, if MJ was black, he would have never gotten away with that!"
Then he said,"Imagine how Martha Stewart feels, OJ -- off, Robert Blake -- Off, Michael Jackson -- off ------------------
Her? She makes ONE PHONE CALL to her broker -- PRISON!"

Isn't that the truth.
Old 6/14/05, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 6/14/05, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

I thought he should have been at least been convicted of giving alcohol to a minor but I guess the jury didn't think so.

Just remember this, he may have gotten away with it for now but eventually it will catch up with him in this life or the next!
Old 6/14/05, 10:32 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Ok, if the general conscensus is that the parents DEFINTELY had a hand in this, does anyone think they should be held criminally responsible? If so,WHY, and is there enough evidence to CONVICT?
Old 6/14/05, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 14, 2005, 10:35 AM
Ok, if the general conscensus is that the parents DEFINTELY had a hand in this, does anyone think they should be held criminally responsible? If so,WHY, and is there enough evidence to CONVICT?
Hmmm...a tough one, for sure. For me, there could be 2 counts for the parents to answer - 1) did they try to extort Jackson, and 2) child endangerment, by allowing their son to sleep over when there had already been claims of abuse made.

The 2nd point would be tough to pursue. Since Jackson was found not guilty, it has to be presumed that since nothing untoward was occurring, the child was in no danger. This has nothing to do with the fact that in reality, the parents allowed their son to sleep unsupervised with an alleged abuser.

Re the 1st point, if they "had a hand in it" (meaning this was a setup, I assume), then they for sure should be held criminally responsible. I think it would be almost impossible to prove, however.

There is one inescapable fact we're missing, though. SOMETHING DAMAGING HAPPENED TO THIS KID - the allegations can only be either true or false, meaning that either MJ molested this kid, or his parents groomed him and used him in an attempt to extort MJ. Either way you slice it, SOMEONE should be going to prison for this.

:EDIT: Yes, I've discounted the possibility that the kid made it all up himself, before anyone pitches that one.
Old 6/14/05, 11:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
there is certainly a case for defamation of character through the civil courts.....
Old 6/14/05, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Personally, since Jackson was found not guilty, what I'd like to see happen (and this is my own fiction) is that the kid comes forward and admits that his parents put him up to lying.

This would mean -

the justice system did right

a boy wasn't molested

the right people could be prosecuted

the cloud of suspicion could be lifted from the innocent MJ.

Until then, however, I'm in the "No smoke without fire" camp...
Old 6/14/05, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

MANY FACES OF MICHAELWith explanations and pictures of Michael Jackson's ever changing look ---
Old 6/14/05, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@June 14, 2005, 3:51 PM
MANY FACES OF MICHAELWith explanations and pictures of Michael Jackson's ever changing look ---
God he's screwed up. What, did the same dr. give him and Latoya a 2 for one deal on the noses?!?!!
Old 6/14/05, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 14, 2005, 4:50 PM
... he's screwed up...
Count 11: "... We find the defendant... :clown: NOT GUILTY!"

Quick Reply: Jackson Verdict at 430 est!