Jackson Verdict at 430 est!

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/05, 04:32 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@June 13, 2005, 5:13 PM
One sad note.
All those supporters camping out in front of the court and Neverland have no life now.

And what is CNN and MSNBC going to cover now???
Old 6/13/05, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
more than that, Who is Jay Leno going to make fun of now?
Old 6/13/05, 04:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay will always have the President, lots of material there.

NOW..............I voted guilty and the verdict was done almost two hours ago. I think if some truck driver named Bob from Arkansas did the exact same thing people would be at his house with pitchfork and torches. I don't want a lecture from anyone either.........my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

George, you posting is enough to controversy for some.

Someone call a doctor!!
Old 6/13/05, 04:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Did anyone think for a teeny nanosecond he would be found guilty?
That's exactly why I didn't follow it.
Money talks........
And the kids parents are idiots.
Old 6/13/05, 04:52 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by Zc527@June 13, 2005, 3:19 PM
i was hoping there wasn't...he needs to learn his lesson....now hes not gonna, and he could go on to hurt more kids....what a crazy world we live in...lol

We live in a world where you must be proven to have commited a crime, before a jury of your peers. Even though there were no African American jurors, it was still a good representation of the area he lives in, which would be his peers.

I really dont think anyone who didnt watch the whole trial, and scrutinize all the evidence can really cry foul on the verdict.

I think that being a celebrity actually puts him at a disadvantage, due to the generalization that they are getting unfair advantages due to thier societal status. They are actually judged harder in a lot of cases because of their celebrity status.
Old 6/13/05, 04:54 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by mobster@June 13, 2005, 3:20 PM
thats not surprising, celebrities never go to jail.
Using the word "never" makes your statement completely invalid. I am sure it would only take a little bit of research to find several celebrities who have gone to jail.

I dont think its fair to generalize.
Old 6/13/05, 04:57 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@June 13, 2005, 3:25 PM
Putting the verdict aside, do you think he is innocent?

As I have said before... I cant really say. I havent seen or heard any of the evidence. My gut actually says that he was being criminalized for being eccentric. Would I let my kids hang out at Neverland Ranch? With my presence, sure. This man is a part of our planets history. It is a great opportunity to meet and interact with people like MJ. However, his eccentricities would have given me pause, and as such I would have been present. I cant say that if I had met him in person if I would change my mind or not.
Old 6/13/05, 04:57 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Was I hoping..yes...
but in reality you knew it wasn't going to happen.

its funny everyone saying
"Michael is innocent"
"Would you send your child there for a sleepover"
"%&*$ NO!"
Old 6/13/05, 05:01 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 13, 2005, 6:55 PM
... it was still a good representation of the area he lives in, which would be his peers.

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Old 6/13/05, 05:01 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by PearBear@June 13, 2005, 3:28 PM
just because hes 'weird' doesnt make him guilty. the evidence was not enough to prove to the jury that he was guilty BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. if just one juror, had one little reason to believe he was innocent, he walks. Im happy that justice was done, and ill be glad to not have to listen to everyone say hes guilty, without having any way to back it up.

Thats my point exactly. Eccentricities are not proof positive of guilt in anyone's case.
Old 6/13/05, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 13, 2005, 4:55 PM
I think that being a celebrity actually puts him at a disadvantage, due to the generalization that they are getting unfair advantages due to thier societal status. They are actually judged harder in a lot of cases because of their celebrity status.
I would disagree - look at those supporters who had no more evidence than we did, yet were screaming and wailing for him. Because he made music they liked, they were backing him to the hilt - the fact remained that he slept with young boys, but they didn't care about that, or the possible crimes he may have committed.

I don't see how he could have been convicted, from the bits and pieces I saw, but I also think it's dangerous to dismiss the charge due to lack of physical evidence (I know this didn't happen in court, but some people in here have done this). Where are you going to get physical evidence from fondling? Should we now shrug off all future non-penetrative sexual assaults, since they typically end-up in "he-said, she said" arguments?
Old 6/13/05, 05:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

George, you're killing me.

Part of my history???? Not a chance.
Old 6/13/05, 05:37 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by celticstanger@June 13, 2005, 5:24 PM
I would disagree - look at those supporters who had no more evidence than we did, yet were screaming and wailing for him. Because he made music they liked, they were backing him to the hilt - the fact remained that he slept with young boys, but they didn't care about that, or the possible crimes he may have committed.

I don't see how he could have been convicted, from the bits and pieces I saw, but I also think it's dangerous to dismiss the charge due to lack of physical evidence (I know this didn't happen in court, but some people in here have done this). Where are you going to get physical evidence from fondling? Should we now shrug off all future non-penetrative sexual assaults, since they typically end-up in "he-said, she said" arguments?

I totally agree that there are those that would acquit simply because of who he is. That is defintely true. But, there are also those that would convict simply on his celebrity status. Saying its a fact that he slept with young boys is not supported by the evidence.

Molestation cases are inherently hard to convicton, purely due to the nature of the crime. However, our DAs, and experts have gotten better at recognizing certain behavior of molestor and victims that support or undermine a charge of molestation. It has also been revealed that the jurors simply didnt find the family of the victim believable.

Absolutely every accusation needs to be investigated, and throughly. I dont think that this verdict is an example of anyone shrugging off accusations. The case has been investigated for 12 years. The long intensive investigation could have been good, or bad... it can be said that it was investigated more intesely simply because he is a celebrity, or that it took so long to get to trial because they were dragging thier feet in trying a celebrity.

When I was in law school, there was a case of a man who had been convicted of raping a woman. When the man had served 12 years, the "Victim" came forward and admitted she lied. Tha is not the first time or the last time someone wrongly accused has been convicted.

I again can not say either way. All we can do is trust that justice was done. You (using the term generally) cant summarily just give up on the system because verdicts dont come out the way you felt it should have. At its core, our system is built on preponderance of the evidence, and proving beyond a RESONABLE doubt your accusations. I am more comfortable with that system than to go to a system where a person has to prove thier innocence instead.
Old 6/13/05, 05:43 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@June 13, 2005, 3:43 PM
What Jackson needs is psychiatric help, not Jail. he is one messed up bloke............
Agree with that.

When he was in court for the first time 12 years ago, maybe he was not guilty. But when same thing happens over and over again there's gotta be something wrong with him.

The jury may find him not guilty today, but God knows everything. Sooner or latter, he'll have to answer to God and then no one will be able to save him.
Old 6/13/05, 05:44 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by mustangfun101@June 13, 2005, 5:26 PM
George, you're killing me.
Part of my history???? Not a chance.
Whether or not you like his place, or him, he is a part of our history. There are several things I am absolutely mortified about our history, yet, I can not deny it is still part of my history as an American. MJ is forever written into the text of the history books. As an entertainer, as an eccentric man, as one a member of one of the most famous families in history, and as a celebrity accused of child molestation. Some believe him to be one of the greatest performers/entertainers to ever walk the earth. Some believe him to be a complete freak, but still our grandchildren know who is he, no matter what thier opinions are.
Old 6/13/05, 05:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Alot of kids today don't know who Led Zepplin are, Frank Sinatra, Van Halen, or even the Beatles. I hope MJ fades even quicker.
Old 6/13/05, 05:55 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well now he knows he can get away with it...
Old 6/13/05, 05:59 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The item which was proven beyond a reasonable doubt is Jackson and the victim's mother are both trash. One of them had to win. The next step for Jackson is to molest his own kid, if he hasn't already.

I wouldn't allow my kids to be near that crutch graving POS pervert with or without my presence. Sorry Jessica, I fail to see how you place any significance or importance on the growth of a child to be rubbing elbows with strangers, regardless of their popularity, with or without supervision. But hey, to each his/her own. I know I have my priorities in order.
Old 6/13/05, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 13, 2005, 5:40 PM
Saying its a fact that he slept with young boys is not supported by the evidence.
I meant "slept" only as in they slept in the same bed, by the way. He admitted to doing this himself. I should've clarified.

I agree re the verdict - there was too much doubt to convict. But if I ask myself the question "Why would anyone take children to bed?" (not their own), the answer isn't all bedtime stories and cotton-candy.

I concur with your earlier statement about something dark occurring here, but I'm not sure who's the victim. MJ's very expensive defense team blew a lot of smoke, including the infamous "Leno" testimony, during this trial.

My hope is that he is indeed innocent and that justice was served today. I worry for those who don't care, so long as "their man" gets off.
Old 6/13/05, 06:07 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The court decided he was innocent.

Would I ever let my children out of my sight in his presence.... NO

He is obvously a very disturbed individual, he definitely has issues.

Quick Reply: Jackson Verdict at 430 est!