Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

I've got problems

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/05, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girlfriends come and go. True friends are worth their weight in gold. If it was the other way around and you were sensitive how would you feel about someone you thought you could trust doing this to you?
If you go out with her he may still be your friend but he will never trust you again. And when the shoe is on the other foot one of these days he will be more than glad to pick up with one of your ex's after she kicks you to the curb. What goes around comes around. I've seen too much to believe otherwise.
I've learned not only from my experiences but also from watching other people and their successes and failures. I find it much better to learn vicariously.
Old 7/27/05, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 26, 2005, 4:57 PM
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?
Ima Good wife(ask my hubby )..But be hanged before you get me up to cook breakfast! I happily make lunch and dinner for him every day- but you ain't gonna catch me seeing the early morning for snot.
If you don't like coffee- cereals in the pantry. F Breakfast, Shoneys is ready when you are.
And in return: My husband adores me. He treats me like a queen, I lack for nothing and I treat him like a king.

Kings and queens get waited on by servants. Husbands and wifes take care of each other... or at least they should.

On days that he is off of work and I had to get up early, he gets up with me. He cooks and cleans if I am at work all day.

My husband adores me as well.... as I do him. I didn't come from a "RICH" family either. But now that we have money does not tempt me to blow it like crazy. I don't need the best of everything. We are blessed with what we have. I don't take nothing for granted. Who's to say we will always have money?

Anyhow, to each his own... ....
Old 7/27/05, 08:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

HE COOKS AND CLEANS? WOW! You have a good man! Mine cooks pancakes.

PS- not to say I go shop every day... I do it twice a year, and this is one of the two(the other is Christmas/Springtime).Schools starting, kids gotta look good-. And I am moving into a new house and want it to look good, cause I plan to stay there for a good long time(Or until it appreciates enough for me to move into the estate houses there).
He lets me buy what I want as long as he can get guitars and computer stuff and as long as I pay the bills.

And my little jewelry thing- I get a ring a year at Christmas, and I blew my Eleanor stripe money on my necklace..I figured diamonds are forever and Eleanor may not be.
Old 7/27/05, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Does buying off E-bay and Amazon all the time count as shopping? If so, I'm in trouble.
Old 7/27/05, 09:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@July 27, 2005, 9:04 AM
Does buying off E-bay and Amazon all the time count as shopping? If so, I'm in trouble.
Being an Ebay addict also counts as a shopaholic...I only window shop on Ebay.
Old 7/27/05, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@July 26, 2005, 5:29 PM
Girlfriends come and go. True friends are worth their weight in gold. If it was the other way around and you were sensitive how would you feel about someone you thought you could trust doing this to you?
If you go out with her he may still be your friend but he will never trust you again. And when the shoe is on the other foot one of these days he will be more than glad to pick up with one of your ex's after she kicks you to the curb. What goes around comes around. I've seen too much to believe otherwise.
I've learned not only from my experiences but also from watching other people and their successes and failures. I find it much better to learn vicariously.
Wow you got perty close with that one.He called me last night and said that he is going out with one of my ex's,but when we broke up it was a mutual thing like him and his ex.Does this change the situation any?
Old 7/27/05, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 27, 2005, 9:22 AM
Wow you got perty close with that one.He called me last night and said that he is going out with one of my ex's,but when we broke up it was a mutual thing like him and his ex.Does this change the situation any?

Mark,

it may upset him that you are interested in her, and he just don't know how to say it. He may not want to confront you on it, because he knows that they are broke up and he really can't say, "NO YOU CANT DATE HER" --- but he really may feel that way.

You may just want to give it time... it just may be too soon. Know what I mean?
Old 7/27/05, 09:46 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Wait so he is already dating one of your ex's? Had this been mentioned before between you and he or was this just a "hey guess what?" type surprise? I think that you should be a bigger man about it and ask him what he thinks about it.
Old 7/27/05, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@July 27, 2005, 9:39 AM
Mark,

it may upset him that you are interested in her, and he just don't know how to say it. He may not want to confront you on it, because he knows that they are broke up and he really can't say, "NO YOU CANT DATE HER" --- but he really may feel that way.

You may just want to give it time... it just may be too soon. Know what I mean?

I think time would be a good thing.Mabey give it a month or so to let him comepletly get over her.
Old 7/27/05, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Scothew@July 27, 2005, 9:49 AM
Wait so he is already dating one of your ex's? Had this been mentioned before between you and he or was this just a "hey guess what?" type surprise? I think that you should be a bigger man about it and ask him what he thinks about it.
He kinda suprised me about it but I'm ok with it because we broke up about 7 months ago and I'm completly over her.
Old 7/27/05, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 27, 2005, 2:58 PM
I think time would be a good thing.Mabey give it a month or so to let him comepletly get over her.
It really sounds like he was crushed bad. Right now if he's hurting that bad maybe the best thing to do is be there as a friend instead of worrying about how long to wait till you date his ex. Be there for him Mark. For the time being I suggest you totally forget about this girl. You may need him to be there for you one day

Good luck
Old 7/27/05, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@July 27, 2005, 1:04 PM
It really sounds like he was crushed bad. Right now if he's hurting that bad maybe the best thing to do is be there as a friend instead of worrying about how long to wait till you date his ex. Be there for him Mark. For the time being I suggest you totally forget about this girl. You may need him to be there for you one day

Good luck
I think thats the best thing to do for now.

What do I say to her when she asks me to go places with her like the movies and other places like that?She called me earlier and asked me to go to the movies with her tonight,and last night we went to the fair.
Old 7/27/05, 01:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 27, 2005, 3:12 PM
I think thats the best thing to do for now.

What do I say to her when she asks me to go places with her like the movies and other places like that?She called me earlier and asked me to go to the movies with her tonight,and last night we went to the fair.
You can always just enjoy the company. You said you were friends with her before. Just go as friends

If she starts getting ummm...frisky, you know... just maybe talk about the situation with her. If she's a true friend she'll understand where you're coming from and will respect your choice. If she doesn't, well that just answers the question as to whether she's just using you.
Old 7/27/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good advice Andy... makes sense.
Old 7/27/05, 01:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@July 27, 2005, 3:32 PM
Good advice Andy... makes sense.
I do my best. I learn from the best too
Old 7/27/05, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for all your help Andy.
Old 7/27/05, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't believe anything a girl says if she's between 15 and 19... 90% of the time they don't know what they're saying or why they're saying it anyways. The other 10% of the time they're trying to manipulate people. Girls are evil.

Old 7/27/05, 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 27, 2005, 4:07 PM
Thanks for all your help Andy.
No problem Mark! We all just want to see you happy
Old 7/27/05, 03:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Scothew@July 26, 2005, 2:44 PM
Now me and the girl are married :P Glad I asked
OMG, he has a wife, send her a card, maybe some flowers...
Old 7/27/05, 04:27 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 27, 2005, 11:22 AM
... He called me last night and said that he is going out with one of my ex's...

I've got problems...

You sure do!

You guys are trading each other's spit. Chances are your DNA will match your best friend's.

Quick Reply: I've got problems