Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

I've got problems

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/05, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here it is....

I've liked this girl for over a year,but she has had a boyfriend the whole time
that I liked her. Well they finally broke up a few weeks ago and I have found out
that she likes me. This is where it gets really complicated...Her exboyfriend is my
best friend. How do we go out without me losing my best friend???Any help from any of the love doctors will be appriciated.

P.S. She is also really good luck.The last few times that we went out I've seen a Ferrari a Ford GT and a bunch of other exotic cars
Old 7/26/05, 11:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd just be honest with your friend. Tell him you're interested in her and would like to ask her out. Hopefully he will be cool with it. I know if it was me, it would upset me if my friend lied to me and tried hiding it behind my back instead of just being up front. Good luck
Old 7/26/05, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Mark, I'm not an expert on this topic whatsoever but it might be best to talk to your bestfriend first. If the breakup was a bitter one I would advise that you not go out with her bud. It will just cause further tension between you and your buddy.

Talk to him and find out how he feels about the situation, if he's cool with it, then possibly give it a try, if he's not I would advise against it.

The thing is that if they ended things on a bitter note, they may talk about one another to you which will cause you more stress than you need and almost certainly end in losing your best friend and this girl.

This same thing happened with my one of my wife's friends and it hasn't turned out pretty.

Best of luck to you and don't forget, you're still young and there are plenty of girls out there
Old 7/26/05, 11:12 AM
GTR Member

I've got problems

well i could of told u that

Seriously, just ask him if he'd care, and most friends wouldnt care. then ask her out. Oh yeah, and is she hott?
Old 7/26/05, 11:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Oh yeah, and is she hott?
Doug, you know better that looks aren't everything... MONEY IS!!!!

Just kidding
Old 7/26/05, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@July 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
Mark, I'm not an expert on this topic whatsoever but it might be best to talk to your bestfriend first. If the breakup was a bitter one I would advise that you not go out with her bud. It will just cause further tension between you and your buddy.

Talk to him and find out how he feels about the situation, if he's cool with it, then possibly give it a try, if he's not I would advise against it.

The thing is that if they ended things on a bitter note, they may talk about one another to you which will cause you more stress than you need and almost certainly end in losing your best friend and this girl.

This same thing happened with my one of my wife's friends and it hasn't turned out pretty.

Best of luck to you and don't forget, you're still young and there are plenty of girls out there
The reason they broke up was because she was tired of being in a relationship with the same person for that long.

This guy is just the most sensitive guy in the world though and I think he is really gonna take it hard.
Old 7/26/05, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@July 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
well i could of told u that
is she hott?
Well I was just bringing it out to the world

To answer your question she is slightly attractive.
Old 7/26/05, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 26, 2005, 1:25 PM
The reason they broke up was because she was tired of being in a relationship with the same person for that long.

This guy is just the most sensitive guy in the world though and I think he is really gonna take it hard.
Might not be the best idea then, especially since she doesn't seem to be looking for a serious relationship, or at least a longer term one. I worry that she may do the same thing to you which isn't right.
Old 7/26/05, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@July 26, 2005, 11:41 AM
Might not be the best idea then, especially since she doesn't seem to be looking for a serious relationship, or at least a longer term one. I worry that she may do the same thing to you which isn't right.
Right now I don't want to be in a serious relationship because I'm 15 and have the rest of my life for a serois one,but she is just the kind of person that makes you smile everythime that youre areound her.
Old 7/26/05, 11:52 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+July 26, 2005, 12:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ July 26, 2005, 12:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Doug, you know better that looks aren't everything... MONEY IS!!!!

Just kidding
[/b]

hahaha, i like both
Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 26, 2005, 12:25 PM

that means she isnt able to commit, lol, but she is good for fun so go for it.
<!--QuoteBegin-mystic cobra
@July 26, 2005, 12:49 PM
Right now I don't want to be in a serious relationship because I'm 15 and have the rest of my life for a serois one,but she is just the kind of person that makes you smile everythime that youre areound her.
[/quote]
i know one of those people, but she is dating my neighbor :bang:
Old 7/26/05, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, you should talk to your best friend first. If they had a bad break up, and you asked her out before talking to your friend, she may say YES to spite her ex. Then you would have two things gone wrong... a friend mad at you, and a girl that is with you just to get at her ex.

Ask him what the good things were about their relationsip, and what the bad things were. They broke up for a reason.... Of course, what he is looking for from a relationship may be different then yours. Whats important is what kind of relationship is SHE looking for? Is it the same as what you want?

Talk to your friend, and trust your heart.
Old 7/26/05, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 26, 2005, 11:05 AM
Well here it is....

I've liked this girl for over a year,but she has had a boyfriend the whole time
that I liked her. Well they finally broke up a few weeks ago and I have found out
that she likes me. This is where it gets really complicated...Her exboyfriend is my
best friend. How do we go out without me losing my best friend???Any help from any of the love doctors will be appriciated.
P.S. She is also really good luck.The last few times that we went out I've seen a Ferrari a Ford GT and a bunch of other exotic cars

You're 15, there will be plenty of girls in your future but believe me a best friend doesn't come along all that often. If she broke up with him, what your best friend needs right now is someone he can rely on and talk too. You have to decide whether possibly losing his friendship is worth it.
Old 7/26/05, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@July 26, 2005, 2:09 PM
I agree, you should talk to your best friend first. If they had a bad break up, and you asked her out before talking to your friend, she may say YES to spite her ex. Then you would have two things gone wrong... a friend mad at you, and a girl that is with you just to get at her ex.

Ask him what the good things were about their relationsip, and what the bad things were. They broke up for a reason.... Of course, what he is looking for from a relationship may be different then yours. Whats important is what kind of relationship is SHE looking for? Is it the same as what you want?

Talk to your friend, and trust your heart.

I knew we were just missing a female touch in this conversation. That is pretty much the best way that you can say it
Old 7/26/05, 12:19 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@July 26, 2005, 1:19 PM
I knew we were just missing a female touch in this conversation. That is pretty much the best way that you can say it
yeah, mystic cobra should of known us guys dont understand women and never will, so just ask a chick, lol
Old 7/26/05, 12:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally posted by ISELLFORD@July 26, 2005, 12:15 PM
You're 15, there will be plenty of girls in your future but believe me a best friend doesn't come along all that often. If she broke up with him, what your best friend needs right now is someone he can rely on and talk too. You have to decide whether possibly losing his friendship is worth it.
Yeah, what Ed said.
Old 7/26/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@July 26, 2005, 12:19 PM

LOL Thats what us girls are here for...
Old 7/26/05, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Lynell,
Its really confusing. They are not mad at each other,but I can tell that he still likes her. She asked me to go to the county fair with her tonight and I couldnt say no.
Old 7/26/05, 01:41 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Dude defintely talk to your friend about it. It will be the best thing you can do. If he is pissed off at you for this, friends know how to make life miserable.

My friend dated a girl for a little bit and they broke up. Well me and the girl had become friends and were talking. I asked my friend first if he cared if I asked her out and he said he didnt mind. He also said thanks for asking cause if I hadn't he woulda been pissed off at me. Now me and the girl are married :P Glad I asked
Old 7/26/05, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mystic cobra@July 26, 2005, 1:41 PM
Thanks Lynell,
Its really confusing. They are not mad at each other,but I can tell that he still likes her. She asked me to go to the county fair with her tonight and I couldnt say no.

Mark... I think there is nothing wrong with going with her tonight. It will give you a good time to talk and see how things would be. Just don't leave your friend out of the link... you should update him on your feelings with her and also if the relationship grows, he should know as well.

Just think if you were in his shoes.. and you thought nothing serious was coming of it... then you see them out together... you would still feel funny, even though she would not be yours... it would seem odd. His your best friend. Don't loose him over any girl

Ya'll have fun tonight....

Old 7/26/05, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Now me and the girl are married
I'm still trying to figure out how they get us to say I do :scratch: Coniving little creatures aren't they with promises of happiness and pleasure and such....

Quick Reply: I've got problems