Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Iphone vs Android

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/11 | 03:15 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Lol. What else is he gonna argue about. He definitely can't hang in the horsepower category.
Ouch that hurt.... Lol
Old 10/29/11 | 03:17 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Ouch that hurt.... Lol
gotcha.
Old 10/29/11 | 03:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Lol. What else is he gonna argue about. He definitely can't hang in the horsepower category.
That punch was so hard, I felt it. LOL
Old 10/29/11 | 03:33 PM
Cobra R Member

I told my wife before I posted this "Watch Honey, This Android VS Iphone is like Politics and Religion "

Maybe tomarrow I will post Myspace VS Facebook, LMAO...
Old 10/29/11 | 03:35 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Between Android and iPhone, I prefer my cheap-*** old flip phone. It makes calls and sends texts...like a phone is supposed to do. It doesn't need internet access, games, facebook, or worthless apps that make it a metal detector. I have a real computer to do computer things.
Old 10/29/11 | 04:41 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Between Android and iPhone, I prefer my cheap-*** old flip phone. It makes calls and sends texts...like a phone is supposed to do. It doesn't need internet access, games, facebook, or worthless apps that make it a metal detector. I have a real computer to do computer things.
First guy to hate both lol!
Old 10/29/11 | 04:56 PM
V6 Member

I like Dixie cups on a string better than android
Old 10/29/11 | 04:58 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Id drive a Honda before I got an iPhone!......wait.....
Old 10/29/11 | 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blueballs
I like Dixie cups on a string better than android
I think it just may sounds clearer
Old 10/29/11 | 06:03 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
I told my wife before I posted this "Watch Honey, This Android VS Iphone is like Politics and Religion "
I feel used now.
Old 11/4/11 | 12:29 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

I'm staying out of this war!
Although, now that I know Siri is able to prepare food I'm highly interested.

Have a great weekend!

Jaclyn
Old 11/4/11 | 12:42 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Iris on Android. I'm just saying
Old 11/4/11 | 06:31 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

I currently have a HTC EVO 4g on metropcs running synergy Rom (so much better that the factory Sprint Rom)! Only 45 bucks a month! Unlimited data, talk, text!
Old 11/5/11 | 12:39 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by denlem
Droid Bionic here!
ditto, very handy gadget, and this is coming from somebody who has almost no use for a phone.
Old 11/5/11 | 02:02 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by bob
ditto, very handy gadget, and this is coming from somebody who has almost no use for a phone.
Yup, it's pretty quick too. Now if Motorola will hurry up and get the update out to fix the bugs!
Old 11/5/11 | 10:47 AM
Cobra Member

This argument could go on forever. Its pretty much identical to the PC vs Mac arguments as well.

Apple controls its software and what can be done with it. Leaving less room for variability. Which is the ultimate bad guy for any business. They can make things the way they want and if theres a problem its their responsibility to fix it.

Android is open and thus can be pretty much tailored to do whatever someone wants to do with it. (given the right skills, of course) Every time a new android phone comes out the basic OS is same but there are changes made to suit the phones needs that google doesn't necessarily control. This could lead to more problems and a more "We aren't gonna rush to fix the bugs" attitude. But I have used it on a few of my friends phones and can see why people like it.

I'm still an Apple person, iOS and OSX are great. Android is about quantity, not necessarily quality. Apples the opposite. Would they love to be on top of the phone market forever? Of course, but if they stick with one phone then Android will surpass them soon.

Ultimately, in my opinion Apple delivers a higher quality product. But quality is defined differently for each person.

FYI, OP, you opened up a huge can of worms with this thread.
Old 11/5/11 | 11:09 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
This argument could go on forever. Its pretty much identical to the PC vs Mac arguments as well.

Apple controls its software and what can be done with it. Leaving less room for variability. Which is the ultimate bad guy for any business. They can make things the way they want and if theres a problem its their responsibility to fix it.

Android is open and thus can be pretty much tailored to do whatever someone wants to do with it. (given the right skills, of course) Every time a new android phone comes out the basic OS is same but there are changes made to suit the phones needs that google doesn't necessarily control. This could lead to more problems and a more "We aren't gonna rush to fix the bugs" attitude. But I have used it on a few of my friends phones and can see why people like it.

I'm still an Apple person, iOS and OSX are great. Android is about quantity, not necessarily quality. Apples the opposite. Would they love to be on top of the phone market forever? Of course, but if they stick with one phone then Android will surpass them soon.

Ultimately, in my opinion Apple delivers a higher quality product. But quality is defined differently for each person.

FYI, OP, you opened up a huge can of worms with this thread.
Agree and disagree with a few things here.. the one I disagree with is that Android is lower quality. You can't compare a cheap 70 dollar phone with the iPhone. You have to compare apples to apples (no pun intended ) like a HTC EVO 4g or 3d. The EVO is still slightly cheaper but is more comparable to the iPhone processor, RAM, ect..
Old 11/5/11 | 12:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Agree and disagree with a few things here.. the one I disagree with is that Android is lower quality. You can't compare a cheap 70 dollar phone with the iPhone. You have to compare apples to apples (no pun intended ) like a HTC EVO 4g or 3d. The EVO is still slightly cheaper but is more comparable to the iPhone processor, RAM, ect..
The fact that they let it be used that way (on such cheap and low quality phones) is something that brings them down and therefore their quality as a whole is lowered. It's still relevant to the discussion and a strength that iOS has over android.

Variation is the enemy!
Old 11/5/11 | 12:14 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau

The fact that they let it be used that way (on such cheap and low quality phones) is something that brings them down and therefore their quality as a whole is lowered. It's still relevant to the discussion and a strength that iOS has over android.

Variation is the enemy!
I guess... But the HTC phones utilize "sense 3.0" which really makes Android look good... Think of it as a skin for android with a whole bunch of improvements and addons
Old 11/5/11 | 12:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The phone manufacturers and carriers need to stop putting their own spin on Android. Put them out as plain vanilla Android and there will probably be less problems. Motorola sticks me with a launcher I don't want/use, and Verizon loads it up with all sorts of crapware that is useless to me. Then they lock the apps so I can delete them and free up space.

Quick Reply: Iphone vs Android