Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Hypnotize

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/05, 10:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I, uh, "got it" yesterday. >.> Just not U-Fig, the file was corrupt. I really love this CD, but it's not SOAD's best. What's your favorite song?
Old 11/23/05, 04:52 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I think its a great CD. I picked it up earlier today. It is a very well done follow up to Mezmerize. Its a highly political album though. Its not their best, but its still a great piece of work. The songs get you trapped in them and you just find yourself in the music, moving your head with teh beat. Smooth chorus transitions and heavy bass line make it a great driving album.

One thing to note over all the other albums, Mezmerize and Hypnotize both show a great deal of work Darron has put into his vocals. You only heard him a small amount on all the other albums, but with these 2, he has stepped up the plate and brought his voice with him. Its a very big contrast between him and Serj, but the two fit very well together.

I give the album a 9 out of 10.
Old 11/23/05, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the CD I have all the cd's by SOAD and love them all
My personal favorite would have to be Cigaro
Old 11/24/05, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got it yesterday and need to listen to it a few more times to really judge how much I like it. I do have to say the political whining is getting old.
Old 11/24/05, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I like mezmorize much better but none the less its still a great album, I love the new disturbed album, now thats some good stuff.
Old 11/24/05, 06:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Scothew@November 23, 2005, 5:55 PM
One thing to note over all the other albums, Mezmerize and Hypnotize both show a great deal of work Darron has put into his vocals. You only heard him a small amount on all the other albums, but with these 2, he has stepped up the plate and brought his voice with him. Its a very big contrast between him and Serj, but the two fit very well together.
Oh, most definitely. I love his addition to vocals, especially in songs where he does most of the work. He's really shown an improvement, and I agree, him and Serj sound great together.

As for the politics, I don't exactly agree with them, and I don't really love the stuff, but it adds to their presence, and you can tell. Another thing that intrigues me is their Armenian ancestry, and how they sing about it. I love it on Holy Mountains, and on P.L.U.C.K., from their first album.
Old 11/24/05, 10:22 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Holy Mountains is very very good.

I think their next single will probably be Lonely Day.

Also I love the full cut of Soldier Side. When they cut into the part that was the intro on Mezmerize, it will send chills down you it sounds so powerful.
Old 11/25/05, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I was thinking Holy Mountains, but it's political and religious nature may turn some away. Lonely Day does seem like a good choice for the next single, and I think U-Fig could be the equivalent of Question!
Old 11/25/05, 06:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just heard it twice in thee Mustang. It's a great CD.
I agree with Scott about Soldier Side.

I have grown to love how good Darron sings, I always have, but I think he shines more here IMO.