Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

How to Kill Time ? I'm bored after spill

Search this Thread

Old 2/29/08, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sjenkins49
Hey Mike, when did you go down? I slipped on some black ice on the 7th and spiral fractured my left fibula and tibia. I also had screws and plates installed. This happened at work so workmen's comp picked up the bill. One lucky thing is I can still work from home so I have something to keep my mind busy. I did sit in the car yesterday and listen to some cd's. Yesterday was my first day out besides the doc visits. We went to the store and I drove one of the elec cars. WEEE!! Just to torture myself I ordered some Roush springs and a Husrt shifter. This is my motivation to get moving again. I feel your pain, just mines in the leg.

I hope you heal fast and get back to work and diving the stang.
Mine occurred on the 12th. Workmans comp case also! Unfortnately, It does not come close to what I normally bring in though...so things are going to be tight. I too can work from home and am starting to do do a little more now that I am clear headed ...no more drugs
I have only been out to go to docs on tuesday.
I keep surfing dreaming of what I want to do to car next.
I am shooting to go back April 1 to work if Doc lets me.
I wish I had my car here, I'd try to take it for a spin

hmm electric wheelchair rides through Wal-mart. Payback time????

When are you allowed to go back to work?

You should have bought the shifter from MGW instead of the hurst.
Old 2/29/08, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
wow so is it considered a work related injury?

Yep I went over the handle bar of my murdercycle.
Yup, Work related, which makes the bills from hospital bearable. I just forward to Work comp. people. I've only seen 2500 of the bills so far.

dirt bike or road warrior. a little motocross perhaps??
Old 2/29/08, 11:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by k3druid
I was in Isolation for 15 to 21 days three times last year.

I found Morphine and Steroids (Great Dreams) helped with the Boredom.
This is probably not an option for you.

I found a Good Book was a help in passing the Time.

Hope you have a Swift and Complete Recovery.

PS, The Battery on your Mustang is probably dieing.
No. 1 is no longer an option

Gone through 2 books so far
Battery has been in my thoughts, time wil tell??
I do have one of those portable hot shot units I will take with me when the time comes.

Isolation? and retired? Just living in Canada is enough isolation for me

Just kidding thaks for words of encouragment
Old 2/29/08, 05:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
street bike wipe out here just goofing off low speed. I went through a water puddle then did a long burn out. When I hit the brakes at the stop sign the fronts locked up and I went over the bars. Cart wheel style so it pushed my leg side ways when I hit the ground. Kinda funny looking back.
It was a yamaha 920cc v twin.
Runningwild what is your first name? Do you have any left over drugs you could send me. LOL I had the morphine pump also. I can see where people get hooked on that stuff.
Old 2/29/08, 06:24 PM
V6 Member

Had the morphine pump for 2 weeks myself. Hated to give it up. You can't see it from this angle but, there is a 4th plate and and about 8 more screws on the back side of the pelvis. This was Sept 05 and it was late Jan 06 before I was allowed to even put weight on my legs. Wife works at a college so I would go to work with her and ride around campus all day in an electric wheelchair. Could not stand to sit home.

Old 2/29/08, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
street bike wipe out here just goofing off low speed. I went through a water puddle then did a long burn out. When I hit the brakes at the stop sign the fronts locked up and I went over the bars. Cart wheel style so it pushed my leg side ways when I hit the ground. Kinda funny looking back.
It was a yamaha 920cc v twin.
Runningwild what is your first name? Do you have any left over drugs you could send me. LOL I had the morphine pump also. I can see where people get hooked on that stuff.
I had the pump for 4 days. don't remember much, though.

My name is Mike. Thanks for asking, Glenn
Old 2/29/08, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06stage3
Had the morphine pump for 2 weeks myself. Hated to give it up. You can't see it from this angle but, there is a 4th plate and and about 8 more screws on the back side of the pelvis. This was Sept 05 and it was late Jan 06 before I was allowed to even put weight on my legs. Wife works at a college so I would go to work with her and ride around campus all day in an electric wheelchair. Could not stand to sit home.

All that hardware looks painful. Thats a long rehab. How'd you do it ? If you don't mind me asking?
Old 2/29/08, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
All that hardware looks painful. Thats a long rehab. How'd you do it ? If you don't mind me asking?
2 1/2 years later it's still painful. I had 97 staples up the side of my leg and across my hip to the center of my back. Another 24 across the front of my pelvis area. Lots of damage to the siatic (sp?) nerve. 14 hours of surgery, 2 weeks in a trauma center, 2 months in a nursing home/rehab center, 3 more months in a wheel chair, another month on crutches, and about a month using a cane. Also have 2 pins in my left arm.

As far as how it happened:

I left work on this......

and about 15 minutes later it looked like this. The driver admitted to not looking before he turned.

Old 2/29/08, 07:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch to all the above! Some folks may or may not remember my plight. I had to have an artificial disc replacement back in Feb '05 (I can't believe it's been 3 years). Anyway, I was off work for 15 months (Workers Comp FTW). Most of that was pre-surgery trying various treatments required by workers comp even though there was not enough disc left after the injury to rehab it since most of it was bone on bone. I spent most of my time on here and a local mustang site. I left the hospital 2 days (I think? Morphine pump made it hazy) after surgery. I made my Mom stop at the dealership on the way home since my Mustang was due in the same day as my surgery. They were pullimg it in to PDI when we got there . I went home and waited for meds to wear off and then went back to do all the paperwork and drove it home myself. I told my salesman the week before that I would drag myself across the floor to get in my Mustang if I had to. They all thought I was crazy. Including the Dealership owner who came to see me when he heard about it. It was very painful but, so worth it!
Old 3/1/08, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06stage3
2 1/2 years later it's still painful. I had 97 staples up the side of my leg and across my hip to the center of my back. Another 24 across the front of my pelvis area. Lots of damage to the siatic (sp?) nerve. 14 hours of surgery, 2 weeks in a trauma center, 2 months in a nursing home/rehab center, 3 more months in a wheel chair, another month on crutches, and about a month using a cane. Also have 2 pins in my left arm.

As far as how it happened:

I left work on this......

and about 15 minutes later it looked like this. The driver admitted to not looking before he turned.

I can hardly recognize the bike! D@m, by the looks of this picture your lucky to be alive. By comparison, what I'm going through is just a scratch... God blessed you all
Old 3/1/08, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Ouch to all the above! Some folks may or may not remember my plight. I had to have an artificial disc replacement back in Feb '05 (I can't believe it's been 3 years). Anyway, I was off work for 15 months (Workers Comp FTW). Most of that was pre-surgery trying various treatments required by workers comp even though there was not enough disc left after the injury to rehab it since most of it was bone on bone. I spent most of my time on here and a local mustang site. I left the hospital 2 days (I think? Morphine pump made it hazy) after surgery. I made my Mom stop at the dealership on the way home since my Mustang was due in the same day as my surgery. They were pullimg it in to PDI when we got there . I went home and waited for meds to wear off and then went back to do all the paperwork and drove it home myself. I told my salesman the week before that I would drag myself across the floor to get in my Mustang if I had to. They all thought I was crazy. Including the Dealership owner who came to see me when he heard about it. It was very painful but, so worth it!
It looks like a moon pie stuck in there. just kidding. My father had had 5 surgeries on his back. They did not have replacement discs at that time. He has since also endured Hip replacement and knee replacement. Now he must use a cane to walk.
As for the mustang, I would have done the same as you. Heck the night of the accident before I found out it was broke, I was trying to figure out how to drive it home
Old 3/1/08, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html
pretty cool
Old 3/1/08, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

06stage3 thats exactly how my father was killed... it was more sunsheer the the other guy just not looking. My Mother was in the hosptial for months and lives in pain every day
Old 3/1/08, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It was my Mother's b day yesterday. She lives in Ar. My sister and brothers went on line to goldwing riders of america website and called a few people to see if they would come give my Mom a ride on their Goldwing.

They got in touch with one guy who said he would do it but couldn't He gave them a number to a guy that would.

My sister gave the guy a call and was was more than happy to do it. He said he was supose to get off at 5 but told his boss he wanted to leave early.

He stoped by the home and my brothers lifted my Mom onto the bike and away they went. The trip was 13 miles.

She hasn't been on a motorcycle since her and my ol man got plowed into 7 or 8 yrs ago. 13miles I think that was just another kick in the devils ***

Here's to that Arkie that went out of his way for my MOM

that really made her day probably her whole year
Old 3/1/08, 02:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
D@m, by the looks of this picture your lucky to be alive. By comparison, what I'm going through is just a scratch...
I wasn't trying to take away from what anyone else is going through.

As far as the lucky to be alive, absoultely....I went to meet the paramedics after I was able to walk with the cane. Told him I was confused because while laying in the road I thought I heard somebody mention Med Flight. Next time I remembered someone talking to me they asked if I knew where I was. CLUELESS...Local hospital....Then they flew me out to the trauma center. His response was simple, the call came over the radio as possible DOA and after they saw the wreck and starting checking my vitals they didn't expect me to make it until Med Flight arrived. Glad they didn't give up.

Glenn Hope you mom is doing better. I haven't been back on a bike mostly because I'm not sure about holding it up. Also the surgeon told me because of the plates and screws that with an impact like that again he couldn't put me back together. Last year I had my license renewed and kept my motorcycle endorsements just in case.

The night before my wreck, me and my wife went through the same area. Fortunately the next day she was in her car.
Old 3/1/08, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Well, On the bright side you now have a Rousch Stage 3 Vert! Not the same as a bike, just as exilarating. Plus you can have someone sitting next to you.

No problem in taking anything away from anyone, an accident is an accident. This just helps in knowing we are not alone. It can only help those who need it or make others realize how lucky or fortunate they really are!

It's truely amazing how total strangers can cheer each other and keep going. I like hearing these stories, not in a sadistic way of course

keep'm coming
Old 3/1/08, 03:42 PM
Cobra Member

Glenn, Congrats on your mom's birthday. At least you still have her! sorry about your Dad though. If it were me, I don't think I would have ever gotten on one after that
Old 3/1/08, 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

have you seen these Stag 3? I have a friend in Fl that picked one up a few weeks ago. He's retired and loves it
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...n%26safe%3Doff
Old 3/1/08, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

It reminds me of a snowmobile in the front with trike wheels flip flopped!
Old 3/1/08, 05:35 PM
V6 Member

I've seen those before. I think I'll stick with the Vert.

runningwild4.6 at least we've kept you a little busy

Quick Reply: How to Kill Time ? I'm bored after spill