Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

How to Kill Time ? I'm bored after spill

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/08, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Kill Time ? I'm bored after spill

Well, I have now been laid up 2 weeks with another 4 weeks to go at least. I am beginning to feel the onset of boredom settiing in. I was released from the hospital on Saturday after fracturing my right hip and shoulder on some black ice. They inserted screws on Thursday and time is the mending norm for the shoulder. I was informed that I was fortunate ???, it could have been worse! It will be 6 weeks of no work or driving for me. Shoot, my car is still in the parking lot at work. (My wife can't drive stick)hehe.
The good thing is I coulda been in my car and done the same thing!!!

Any suggestions considering I can't walk without a walker and I'm limited to one floor of a colonial house. I can only surf the web so long or watch so much TV. Its all reruns.

Help!!
Old 2/27/08, 06:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
becomeapost*****.... Do you have any copies of your xrays?? So you were on foot when you wiped out?? Where did it happen?
Old 2/27/08, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

wowyoucantsayhore here
Old 2/27/08, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

WHOA you must have fallen HARD, unless you're 85 years old a hip is not really that easy to break! Hope everything heals according to plan!

Hm, a 12,000 piece jigsaw puzzle? Read. Write all those nasty letters you always meant to write to the businesses that screwed you over. I'll think of more, just give me time....
Old 2/27/08, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

read this thread

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=66580
lol
Old 2/28/08, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Yea this one can kill a lot of time.
Old 2/28/08, 07:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
WHOA you must have fallen HARD, unless you're 85 years old a hip is not really that easy to break! Hope everything heals according to plan!

Hm, a 12,000 piece jigsaw puzzle? Read. Write all those nasty letters you always meant to write to the businesses that screwed you over. I'll think of more, just give me time....
Lynda, I'm definately not 85, but with my walker and blanket (blood thinners to prevent clotting) I feel like it!

I like puzzles have been doing a lot of Suduku and crosswords. Jigsaws, I don't have the room for, yet.

It WAS a hard fall. they call it a compression fracture where the neck and ball of the femure meet.

I think I'm your age
Old 2/28/08, 08:09 AM
Cobra Member

becomeapost*****.... Do you have any copies of your xrays?? So you were on foot when you wiped out?? Where did it happen?
Here are 2 chopped down ones. THey were to big for thumbnails. these were taken before the surgery. I don't have any afters with the screws in them. Sorry for the quality, I don't photograph well. Haha.
Attached Thumbnails How to Kill Time ? I'm bored after spill-hip-mod-2.jpg  
Old 2/28/08, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

hmm something didn't work. lets try again.
Old 2/28/08, 08:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

here's one of my knee after they installed 6 screws and a plate.

Yep thats my back yard
Old 2/28/08, 08:24 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the accident. I know it's hard to believe that it could have been worse, but it could have been. Same thing happened to my father in law a few years ago when he slipped on the ice. However, he hit his head and had bleeding and swelling of the brain, in addition to a shoulder injury. Shoulder was not as bad as yours as apparently his head took the brunt of the fall. He had short term memory loss, the smallest of noises just screamed in his head. He lost his sense of taste and smell. It's been 8 or 9 years and he's still not quite right.

So how can you stand to have your car still at work? I'd go crazy not having mine at home. I'm gathering that the accident happened at work and not at home, which means that you probably didn't have to go to our wonderful local CCGH for treatment (yep, that was a hint of sarcasm!)

Do you like to put together model cars? I know I've seen some Mustang kits out there in the stores. They may keep you busy for a while. Again, sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully you will start having better mobility soon.
Old 2/28/08, 08:24 AM
Cobra Member

Glenn, How did you mess up your knee? Accident or football?
Old 2/28/08, 08:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the accident. I know it's hard to believe that it could have been worse, but it could have been. Same thing happened to my father in law a few years ago when he slipped on the ice. However, he hit his head and had bleeding and swelling of the brain, in addition to a shoulder injury. Shoulder was not as bad as yours as apparently his head took the brunt of the fall. He had short term memory loss, the smallest of noises just screamed in his head. He lost his sense of taste and smell. It's been 8 or 9 years and he's still not quite right.

So how can you stand to have your car still at work? I'd go crazy not having mine at home. I'm gathering that the accident happened at work and not at home, which means that you probably didn't have to go to our wonderful local CCGH for treatment (yep, that was a hint of sarcasm!)

Do you like to put together model cars? I know I've seen some Mustang kits out there in the stores. They may keep you busy for a while. Again, sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully you will start having better mobility soon.

The place I went to originally by work is Much worse (PG County). I was eventually transferred to Northwest.

I do not have much mobility yet in right arm. I have numbness in right fingers still. should go away soon.
As to my car, It is safe at work. No one can just walk to it since it is a secured site.
I am not allowed to drive anyway....I really don't want just anyone driving my baby....Believe me, I've had plenty offers though
Old 2/28/08, 10:33 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts
So PG's worse? Hard to believe! I grew up in the area where Northwest is.....I hope your wife had a security guard walk her to her car.
Old 2/28/08, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

Yea, it is a tough area, but so is Lanham! They do have a lot of security on premise.
Old 2/28/08, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Yea, I was at work. We had a drizzly rain falling and saw street and sidewalks were "Wet". Walked about 20 feet then Wham, down I went. Felt like I was hit with a sledgehammer on the bone! laid there unable to get up for 10 minutes before someone came to help.
Old 2/28/08, 04:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

wow so is it considered a work related injury?

Yep I went over the handle bar of my murdercycle.
Old 2/28/08, 04:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

building models good idea.
Old 2/29/08, 08:18 AM
V6 Member

Angry

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
Well, I have now been laid up 2 weeks with another 4 weeks to go at least. I am beginning to feel the onset of boredom setting in. I was released from the hospital on Saturday after fracturing my right hip and shoulder on some black ice. They inserted screws on Thursday and time is the mending norm for the shoulder. I was informed that I was fortunate ???, it could have been worse! It will be 6 weeks of no work or driving for me. Shoot, my car is still in the parking lot at work. (My wife can't drive stick)hehe.
The good thing is I coulda been in my car and done the same thing!!!

Any suggestions considering I can't walk without a walker and I'm limited to one floor of a colonial house. I can only surf the web so long or watch so much TV. Its all reruns.

Help!!
Hey Mike, when did you go down? I slipped on some black ice on the 7th and spiral fractured my left fibula and tibia. I also had screws and plates installed. This happened at work so workmen's comp picked up the bill. One lucky thing is I can still work from home so I have something to keep my mind busy. I did sit in the car yesterday and listen to some cd's. Yesterday was my first day out besides the doc visits. We went to the store and I drove one of the elec cars. WEEE!! Just to torture myself I ordered some Roush springs and a Husrt shifter. This is my motivation to get moving again. I feel your pain, just mines in the leg.

I hope you heal fast and get back to work and diving the stang.
Old 2/29/08, 10:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in Isolation for 15 to 21 days three times last year.

I found Morphine and Steroids (Great Dreams) helped with the Boredom.
This is probably not an option for you.

I found a Good Book was a help in passing the Time.

Hope you have a Swift and Complete Recovery.

PS, The Battery on your Mustang is probably dieing.

Quick Reply: How to Kill Time ? I'm bored after spill