Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Honey, I'm Home

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/06, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Honey, I'm Home

You guys miss me? Or better yet, you guys remember me?

The past couple months, I had gone to the dark side on those "high-end sites"

Started off just interested in Ferrari for the racing heritage, so I joined a forum, Ferrari Chat, just to learn that the majority were, as known on the Lamborghini site, "Ferrari ****." I think that most modern Ferraris are hideous (ie. Enzo Scaglietta and F430) while the classic Ferrari formula still looks the best with the engine up front, and a roaring V12. (ie. 599GT/B 550 and 575M)

Then since Ferrari Chat seemed almost too elementry with the amount of teens with all the gramatical errors and such. I understand that many people there used English as a second language, but other teens give people like me, seeking knowledge, a bad name.

Many people including "Napolis" and "Manuma" proved to be very knowledgable.

So I spent more time on the off topic there than in the actual forum, especially with all the irrational claims against Lamborghini for never racing, though thier supercar is the Enzo, which has never been raced. And even now with the FXX it is still only raced against other Ferraris on special track events.

So I've come to this: buying a "Base-line" Ferrari is the most rediculous way to spend your money. Buying a Ferrari Rosso Corso or Rosso Scuderia 360, F430, or even worse, 308 seems to be like the staple car of newly rich consumers. Not saying that the first two examples are in any way poor quality cars. Just seems as though the majority of the people who buy these think they know all Ferrari History because of it.

Then I went to Lambo-Power. There were also very knowledgable people there as well. "LV Eric" and "kwn" being the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

But it was ultimately a **** site with an excuse to put up automotive pictures as well. When every other post is marked "NWS!!" of "NSFW!!" thats just a joke.

Yes, they were informative, yet Lamborghini is still yet to do much factory sponsered racing. So I was not all that interested.

Which is why it didn't bother me too much when they decided to "dis-member" all of those registered as under 18. There goes my chances on getting my answer.

My simple question on both sites was "How old were you when you started your own business? How long did it take for it to really catch on? Did you lose a lot before you started to gain?" but I suppose, because of my age, I'm "not worthy" of thier answers.

Too elementary I suppose.

It's good to be back at good ol' TMS.

Just thought I should share my experiences with you all. Seems like you guys have your head on your shoulders, and your nose not held so high in the air that you look down on everyone else.

-Cntchds, Pete
Old 6/28/06, 10:43 AM
Post *****

wow... thems a lot of big words :-P

you've been away for longer than... well... ME! lol

i see you learned your lesson with all your time spent with the enemy. you've come crawling back for our forgivness, as i expected. MUAHAHAHAAH

beg for mercy peter! beg!!

lol jk. we missed you. kinda. for a while i figured you just gave up on mustangs lol. always emailing pictures of ferraris and other exotics... i felt immense shame. but hey. you're young. it was only a phase

so... uhh... i guess... welcome back!

Old 6/28/06, 10:44 AM
Post *****

oh yeah... fix your sig. its a tad outdated
Old 6/28/06, 10:49 AM

Haha, thanks Arin, I figured you'd be the first to reply. I can't see my sig though, or yours for that matter. I can just change it in member info or whatever, right?
Old 6/28/06, 10:52 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Welcome back to the boards. Btw, I fixed the problem with you not seeing sigs.
Old 6/28/06, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'd never catch me driving a 'Funky Cold Modena'...

Old 6/28/06, 11:08 AM

Thanks Scothew.

Good PitPup, cause if I do ever catch you...
Old 6/28/06, 11:10 AM

Something else is that it won't let me use quick reply unless I've already used the normal Post Reply, something I'm doing wrong? I'm on a Mac if that helps any.
Old 6/28/06, 11:58 AM
Post *****

i think you can fix that in your control panel thingy..

and secondly... a mac?!?!! blasphemy!!
Old 6/28/06, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

hey welcome back. Im new as you can see by my join date, so let me introduce myself. I'm Edson Ochoa. I'm 14 years old. Going to be a sophomore in High School.

Hope you learned from your mistake.

PS. Don't listen to Arin
If you need any help. My psychology office is open. Just PM me

Just kidding Arin. And thanks for helping me with my avatar.
Old 6/28/06, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just to show the love, I was 29 when I started my own business, and I do not recommend starting any younger! Most entrepreneurs make their money between 41 and 48 years of age (statistically) and in the last ten years there have been more self made millionaires than the previous 100 years. The problem with starting too young is patience and perception. Perception establishes your reality, and if people are unwilling to take you seriously, you will get frustrated and be unsuccessful. The important thing is to use a dynamic that brings success and energy as you will basically sell your soul (and time) for your business success.

Start simple, get partners, grow slowly (the biggest hump is from 1 to 2 people) and make sure you separate your hobbies from work, otherwise life becomes one long work day and it will kill you emotionally and physically.

On the lighter side, working for yourself is greatly satisfying when successful. Look at Chip Foose, he always looks like he's going to die from lack of sleep, but he's smiling!
Old 6/28/06, 09:02 PM
Post *****

no worries edson. teasing is prevalent here. im used to it lol.

PS my psychology office pwns yours
Old 6/28/06, 09:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Competition Rocks
Old 6/28/06, 09:30 PM
Post *****

hahaha
Old 6/28/06, 09:36 PM

Thanks for the offers guys, but I think I'll pass.

As for Shaun, thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.
Old 6/28/06, 09:40 PM

Yeah, and BTW, Edson I know Arin way better than anyone else here. Including his personal life, so let me know if you need blackmail Haha, we are good pals, so I could probably **** him off better than anyone
Old 6/28/06, 09:46 PM
Post *****

dont you start with that kinda talk petey.

guys, i know things about petey here that could make grown men cry.
Old 6/28/06, 11:58 PM

Bring it on Arin

I know things about me that could make you cry

Old 6/29/06, 09:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hooray petey's gonna get
Old 6/29/06, 10:22 AM
Post *****

hooray the populace is on my side! lol

peter, now that i think of it... if we tell the rest of the board all these deep dark horrible secrets about eachother... do you realized that we'd be emotionally (and perhaps even physically) scarring aprroxamately 12000 members of the mustang community.. we'd be held responsible for 12000 cases of emotional distress!!! THINK OF THE LAWSUITS!!!!

we should probably keep things hush hush.

and how was this a serious thread?? the brawl was coming kiddo, the brawl was coming. and besides... whenever a thread has me reply first, you KNOW that any posibly seriousness just gets melted away from the thread. this is me, the guy who's hijacked his own thread here, its gonna happen lol

but in all seriousness (haha) welcome back. i needed another juvenile delinquent of my caliber around.

Quick Reply: Honey, I'm Home