Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Help a fellow Stanger keep his car

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A member on TeamShelby.com is in danger of having to sell his car that he took so much time and money to build. See his wife has MS and the medical bills have been adding up and it's causing a strain on his finances. Some members of TeamShelby have started a fund raiser to help him with the medical bills in hopes he doesn't have to sell it and to releive some of the stress they have been going through. I have personally donated to this cause so I know it's not a scam. The link to the thread on TeamShelby is below. Take a moment to read through it and decide if you want to donate. The amount doesn't matter, every little bit will help.

Thank You.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/i...howtopic=24427
Old 2/14/08, 09:10 AM

Thanks for this post. Let me chime in as well. I have followed the ordeal of this couple for a long time and have also made a contribution to the cause. Give it some thought, please. Jim Clark
Old 2/14/08, 09:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No! Someone who has enough money to buy a Shelby in the first place has enough money to pay his wife's medical bills. If I were in the same position I would gladly sell my car to pay for her medical expenses. It is revolting to see a post to ask us to help him keep his car instead of helping someone who has a wife out there who can't pay for their wife's medical bils and has no Shelby to sell! Heck most of us didn't have the money to buy a shelby in the first place and you really expect for people who didn't have money to buy one to give to him. If people are really that giving I need to set up an account and ask for people to give me money so that I can buy a real SALEEN and not a clone! Yuck you guys make me nautious!
Old 2/14/08, 09:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Derek. I would rather see someone sell his car to help his wife and start a fundraiser to help pay medical bills, not keep a car. I realize he first posted that he is selling the car and the members are trying to raise money so he can keep it but I think some are missing the point.
Old 2/14/08, 09:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
No! Someone who has enough money to buy a Shelby in the first place has enough money to pay his wife's medical bills. If I were in the same position I would gladly sell my car to pay for her medical expenses. It is revolting to see a post to ask us to help him keep his car instead of helping someone who has a wife out there who can't pay for their wife's medical bils and has no Shelby to sell! Heck most of us didn't have the money to buy a shelby in the first place and you really expect for people who didn't have money to buy one to give to him. If people are really that giving I need to set up an account and ask for people to give me money so that I can buy a real SALEEN and not a clone! Yuck you guys make me nautious!
I see your point BUT you may want to check out the link before spouting off the way you did. The car that was up for sale is not a Shelby.
TeamShelby site is just trying to help out just like we did here for a few members who lost the house in the fires in Calif. He was trying to sell the car but they decided to start a fund raiser and said that the car is no longer for sale.

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE CAR...

It maybe like before my dad pastaway in May of 05....He just wanted to go for a ride in my mustang.
Old 2/14/08, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

1. The car is not a Shelby.
2. The fund is to help him pay his medical bills.

Did you read the post on TeamShelby??? It not for his personal gain. You might want to read the post first and then decide if you think it's a good cause. I personally donated and would not do so if it wasn't for a good reason.

Jim
Old 2/14/08, 11:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by StangFreak
1. The car is not a Shelby.
2. The fund is to help him pay his medical bills.

Did you read the post on TeamShelby??? It not for his personal gain. You might want to read the post first and then decide if you think it's a good cause. I personally donated and would not do so if it wasn't for a good reason.

Jim
That's not what YOU said in the O/P! You titled this thread "Help a fellow stanger keep his car" NOT "Help a fellow stanger with is wife's medical bills".

Also in the O/P you said, "...A member on TeamShelby.com is in danger of having to sell his car..." AND "...members of TeamShelby have started a fund raiser to help him with the medical bills in hopes he doesn't have to sell it [the car] and to releive some of the stress they have been going through."

I'm with Derek on this one. Donations should be for the excess medical bills above his insurance limits, unexpected expenses, etc, but NOT for "keeping his car."
Old 2/14/08, 12:07 PM
Banned

Ok, even if the car in question is not a Shelby it is wrong to set up a fund raiser to help him keep the car since he has to pay a lot of money to pay his wife's medical bills. The title of the post says it all! "Help a fellow Stanger keep his car"... If he needs to let the car go to help his wife it is not the end of the world especially if the car is a regular S-197 mustang. He can always get another one when his financial situation becomes more stable. The idea of doing a fundraiser to "Help a fellow stanger keep his car is as ludicrous as if I were to start a fundraiser to help myself get a 25th aniversary SALEEN since I am to poor to buy one!
Old 2/14/08, 12:11 PM

As the guy who organized this fund raiser, I can reply to the points being made.

1) The money being raised is going to help pay the medical bills. It is not going to the person. It is being sent directly to the care providers and billing agents.

2) Saving the car is simply a by-product of helping with these bills.

3) The car is NOT a Shelby, it is a modded 07 Mustang GT.

4) The members wife loves the car very much and would feel like it is her fault if he sold the car because of her.

5) HE NEVER ASKED FOR THE HELP. I SAW A FRIEND IN A JAM AND OFFERED TO HELP. IF YOU WANT TO HELP, FINE. IF NOT, I DON'T CARE.

If you don't have friends who are willing to help you out when you are in a jam, look in the mirror and see the reason why or get better friends.
Old 2/14/08, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darkside
As the guy who organized this fund raiser, I can reply to the points being made.

1) The money being raised is going to help pay the medical bills. It is not going to the person. It is being sent directly to the care providers and billing agents.

2) Saving the car is simply a by-product of helping with these bills.

3) The car is NOT a Shelby, it is a modded 07 Mustang GT.

4) The members wife loves the car very much and would feel like it is her fault if he sold the car because of her.

5) HE NEVER ASKED FOR THE HELP. I SAW A FRIEND IN A JAM AND OFFERED TO HELP. IF YOU WANT TO HELP, FINE. IF NOT, I DON'T CARE.

If you don't have friends who are willing to help you out when you are in a jam, look in the mirror and see the reason why or get better friends.

Your such a great person. Maybe you could help me too! I am in the military and have to move every three years in order to help protect your freedom. As a result of moving every three years my wife can not keep a steady job and I have to use a lot of my income to build her IRA accounts to preserve her financial future after retirement. This is a significant financial burden on me in addition to saving for the kids education funds. Since I have to pay all of these other things I can't buy a "REAL" SALEEN and had to build a fake one. Maybe you could help me out too and build a fundraiser to help out my wife's situation and lighten my load so that as a by product I could by a 25th aniversary 620hp SALEEN!
Old 2/14/08, 12:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Your such a great person. Maybe you could help me too! I am in the military and have to move every three years in order to help protect your freedom.
I'm going to stay out of this...but the sarcasm of this made laugh histarically. I feel for the guy, and I pray that His wife gets better....we all go through tuff times man...I would hate to have to sell my car, but would in a heartbeat....
Old 2/14/08, 12:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

To those who have made negative comments:

I hope you never need help in life. Is it wrong to give assistance to some one and help out with their medical bills so they don't have to sell their car. The person who is on the receiving end of all this didn't ask for any help. He was fully prepared to do what he needed to do and sell his car to take care of his family. WE VOLUNTEERED TO HELP!!!

If you don't want to donate that's fine, but keep the negative comments to yourself.
Old 2/14/08, 01:07 PM

Your such a great person. Maybe you could help me too! I am in the military and have to move every three years in order to help protect your freedom. As a result of moving every three years my wife can not keep a steady job and I have to use a lot of my income to build her IRA accounts to preserve her financial future after retirement. This is a significant financial burden on me in addition to saving for the kids education funds. Since I have to pay all of these other things I can't buy a "REAL" SALEEN and had to build a fake one. Maybe you could help me out too and build a fundraiser to help out my wife's situation and lighten my load so that as a by product I could by a 25th aniversary 620hp SALEEN!
Cry me a river brother....I've been in the Army 18 years and have never been in one spot for 3yrs EVER.

You had the same choices I had, re-up, or get out. Maybe if you had a better MOS, you could have gotten a bonus and bought the car you really wanted.

I paid for my car with 4 combat deployments to Afghanistan in 5 years, so don't play the poor soldier act with me.

If I knew you as well as I do the person I am helping and your need was as great, I would help. With your attitude however, I wouldn't help you cross the street!

MSG Green
U.S Army Special Forces Command
Fort Bragg, NC
Old 2/14/08, 01:19 PM

Cry me a river brother....I've been in the Army 18 years and have never been in one spot for 3yrs EVER.

You had the same choices I had, re-up, or get out.

I paid for my car with 4 combat deployments to Afghanistan in 5 years, so don't play the poor soldier act with me.

If I knew you as well as I do the person I am helping and your need was as great, I would help. With your attitude however, I wouldn't help you cross the street!

+1000

Sounds like M_lurkers has a lot of growing up to do. Everyone has tough times in life and if his self discribed tough times sounds more like a feild trip. Just shows me how selfish some can be

BTW, my first post here
Old 2/14/08, 01:38 PM

any reason why people are signing up just so they can flame in this thread???
Old 2/14/08, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94
any reason why people are signing up just so they can flame in this thread???

I signed up so I could defend my fund raising actions for a friend in need that were being trashed by some members on this thread. I am a member of several different Mustang/Shelby related sites. I had just not been on this board previously.
Old 2/14/08, 01:46 PM

I signed up so I could defend my fund raising actions for a friend in need that were being trashed by some members on this thread. I am a member of several different Mustang/Shelby related sites. I had just not been on this board previously.
alright...right on bro. Welcome to the site then!..I hope everything goes well over there...just try not to spread the bad press...http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/i...c=24427&st=300

...we are good people over here...
Old 2/14/08, 01:55 PM
Banned

You Guys Are Missing The Point

You had the same choices I had, re-up, or get out. Maybe if you had a better MOS, you could have gotten a bonus and bought the car you really wanted.

MSG Green
U.S Army Special Forces Command
Fort Bragg, NC

You guys are really missing the point when it comes to my responses and Sarcasm. I will spell it out for you so that even a person who serves in the Army could understand. No it is not wrong to help someone else in need but there are people who are in far worse positions that could use charity than someone who is about have to sell their car because they have to pay their wife's medical bills. You would think that a person who serves in the ARMY and spent so much time in the CENTCOM AOR fighting in the war on Terror would have a little more compassion for people out there who are junior enlisted, gotten limbs blown off and are going to have to live on the disability pay of an E-1, E-2, or E-3. Instead of hooking up your pal with a fund to save his precious mustang by paying down his medical bills why don't you help raise funds for the VA! I will gladly donate to them. Remember we are all brothers in arms and not just your buddy! I have never complained about moving for my military service it was just meant to make the point that your fundraiser is ridiculous. By the way you are not the only one who has seen time in the desert!
Old 2/14/08, 02:01 PM
Banned

Read the who post

Originally Posted by hotrodric

+1000

Sounds like M_lurkers has a lot of growing up to do. Everyone has tough times in life and if his self discribed tough times sounds more like a feild trip. Just shows me how selfish some can be

BTW, my first post here
You should really read the whole post before making a comment. My self described tough times (spelled with an "E") was merely sarcasm to place an emphasis on the point that there are far more people out there in need than a person who wants to raise money so he can keep his precious mustang. I would have had no complaints had the post been written stating that the guy needed help to pay for his wife's medical expenses and not mention that the main point was to save the car and not the wife! And I am the one who needs to grow up!
Old 2/14/08, 02:08 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Time for this to get closed. The link has been provided in the first post. This has somehow turned into a flame war so no point in keeping this thread open.

Quick Reply: Help a fellow Stanger keep his car