Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Hacked

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/09, 12:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet this site wasn't real huge as far as hard drives go. Most of the content here is text.

Sucks it was hacked. I had about a dozen bookmarks to great info here.
Old 9/20/09, 01:55 AM

Does anyone realize that the hacker is probably someone who didn't like some of the posts on here? Why else would you hack a site? I think the mods should look into any complaints either users or advertisors made recently, within the past couple months. Perhaps if someone wrote a review or there was drama, they could have sent their hackers in to get rid of it - when it wasn't taken down per their request - just a thought... I've also trolled around on here for years. I noticed many posts were missing. I never joined before because of all the drama, and decided to recently. Also, this is not the only car site that was hacked. What would be the point? Not money - I think a certain company was trying to rid the site of poor reviews of their product . . . my 2 cents
Old 9/20/09, 04:22 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to 'Off-Topic,' but will leave a link for a couple of days . . . .
Old 9/20/09, 10:39 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by StinkyWinky
Does anyone realize that the hacker is probably someone who didn't like some of the posts on here? Why else would you hack a site? I think the mods should look into any complaints either users or advertisors made recently, within the past couple months. Perhaps if someone wrote a review or there was drama, they could have sent their hackers in to get rid of it - when it wasn't taken down per their request - just a thought... I've also trolled around on here for years. I noticed many posts were missing. I never joined before because of all the drama, and decided to recently. Also, this is not the only car site that was hacked. What would be the point? Not money - I think a certain company was trying to rid the site of poor reviews of their product . . . my 2 cents
In this case, all signs point to Camaro.
It's a Cam-spiracy!
Old 9/20/09, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StinkyWinky
If you mean Generous Motors, the thought sure crossed my mind!