Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Grundy Auto Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/15, 02:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Grundy Auto Insurance

Any one here have experience or know anyone with Grundy auto insurance?
I filled out a quick quote for the Roush and it's half of what I pay with Liberty Mutual. Granted, I have FULL coverage on the Roush to protect myself in case it's my fault or someone else's fault. I tried Heacock Insurance as well, but the car must be 25 years old or older. I'm calling Hagerty on Saturday.
Thanks!
Old 1/1/16, 11:48 AM
GT Member

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I have Grundy on my '06 GT. It was less than half the price of the policy I had from Allstate for the same coverage. It is an agreed-value policy. The only restrictions (that I recall) were the car could not be my daily driver, it had to be garaged, and they didn't want you driving to a store and leaving the car in a parking lot all day (which I understand, but thought was a bit strange).

Luckily, I have not had to file a claim with them.
Old 1/1/16, 12:19 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Any one here have experience or know anyone with Grundy auto insurance?
I filled out a quick quote for the Roush and it's half of what I pay with Liberty Mutual. Granted, I have FULL coverage on the Roush to protect myself in case it's my fault or someone else's fault. I tried Heacock Insurance as well, but the car must be 25 years old or older. I'm calling Hagerty on Saturday.
Thanks!
I have Heacock on my mustangs. Definitely don't have to be 25 years old or older. Full coverage less than half the price. Had a busted windshield coming home from the 50th at Charlotte in my Shelby and they honored it no problems.

Newer cars do have mileage limitations. 3,000 a year on the newest ones. And can only be used for leisure use. Not taking it to work etc.
Old 1/1/16, 01:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by ZGrand
I have Grundy on my '06 GT. It was less than half the price of the policy I had from Allstate for the same coverage. It is an agreed-value policy. The only restrictions (that I recall) were the car could not be my daily driver, it had to be garaged, and they didn't want you driving to a store and leaving the car in a parking lot all day (which I understand, but thought was a bit strange).
Luckily, I have not had to file a claim with them.
Yeah,....I did the quick quote online and it was half for just about the same coverage. My car doesn't get left out unattended anyways, so this may work for me. I have a daily driver and I have the garage all year round. I valued my car 47k. If I can get more, I will.
Thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I have Heacock on my mustangs. Definitely don't have to be 25 years old or older. Full coverage less than half the price. Had a busted windshield coming home from the 50th at Charlotte in my Shelby and they honored it no problems.
Newer cars do have mileage limitations. 3,000 a year on the newest ones. And can only be used for leisure use. Not taking it to work etc.
Yeah,...I may have to just call them and see what's up. I don't think they know I have a daily driver. The mileage doesn't bother me and I don't drive that much in a year, but I would like a unrestricted mileage, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
Thanks for your reply.
Old 1/3/16, 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I actually work for Liberty Mutual. I'm always hesitant to use smaller, no name companies for anything. Insurance would be no different. You're driving a $60k car, I'm guessing make a decent living, probably own a house, etc. You have a lot at stake. If you get into an accident and they deny the claim for whatever reason, you're stuck with everything, not just the damage to your car, but the damage to theirs and the medical expenses as well. Why roll the dice to save some money.

I'm not saying pay double at Liberty but stick with a major carrier. Just look at the all restrictions they put on some of these policies to get the price low. If they feel you violated it, they'll deny the claim. It's not worth it. Just my opinion.
Old 1/3/16, 10:15 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
I actually work for Liberty Mutual. I'm always hesitant to use smaller, no name companies for anything. Insurance would be no different. You're driving a $60k car, I'm guessing make a decent living, probably own a house, etc. You have a lot at stake. If you get into an accident and they deny the claim for whatever reason, you're stuck with everything, not just the damage to your car, but the damage to theirs and the medical expenses as well. Why roll the dice to save some money.
I'm not saying pay double at Liberty but stick with a major carrier. Just look at the all restrictions they put on some of these policies to get the price low. If they feel you violated it, they'll deny the claim. It's not worth it. Just my opinion.
I TOTALLY agree. 100%!!!
I'm not going to shortchange myself to save a few bucks a year. But, the companies I am thinking about using are not small companies by any stretch. And they have million dollar polices and higher, just for vehicles. And you can put a value on your car/vehicle, especially a specialty car/vehicle.
Liberty Mutual is a GREAT insurance company, I do agree. As well does my general manager, and he's a smart guy. He has their home and vehicle insurance as well. I will give them a chance to lower my rate a little, or else I will insure my Mustang with another company. We have the HIGHEST insurance rates in this Great Country here in MA. Something's got to give. I'm not just going to hand out my hard earned cash. I'll give LM a chance to redeem themselves as I've been a customer for A LONG time. My new truck will stay on the LM policy. I'll just pull the Roush off if I don't get a fair shake.
Thanks for your input.
Old 1/5/16, 03:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

So I called Liberty Mutual today to give them a chance to redeem themselves. lol The woman I spoke with was very polite and tried to help. She is forwarding my policy to the "higher ups" and I "should" get a call tomorrow if they can make an adjustment to lower my cost. If I don't hear from anyone on Wednesday, she will call me back to let me know that nothing can be done on Thursday as she is off Wednesday.
She said that they have to rewrite it, but I don't lose my tenure there as I have been with them for well over 20 years. So,....we'll see what happens. I'm hoping for good news, but not counting on it. I'd rather not change insurance companies, but if I have to, I will.
Old 1/6/16, 03:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Well,....no call from anyone from Liberty Mutual today so I went ahead and called Grundy. I'm not really surprised at all. I shouldn't even have wasted my time with LM yesterday. But, I'd thought I'd give them the chance to save the policy since I've been with them for so long. Can't wait to call them to discontinue the Mustang policy after I officially have Grundy as the insurance carrier.
Let's just say, I should have done this A LOT sooner!!! I'll be saving like 800 bucks a year or more, depending on what the final numbers are. No real restrictions as you can't be daily driving the car, which I don't. I have a brand new truck for that. Car must be garaged all year round and it is. I valued the car at 47k, but the underwriters have the final say with the info and photos I supply them with. The only downfall is you must pay the car insurance in full for the year, but that's not going to be an issue either. I usually use my tax return money to pay my insurance for both vehicles anyways. Now, I'll just be saving money on top of it. Good deal!
Old 1/6/16, 03:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sounds just like Heacock

I did have to pay in full for the year

Sold one of the cars last month and got my refund for back for the rest of the year in the mail 2 weeks later.
Old 1/6/16, 03:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Sounds just like Heacock
I did have to pay in full for the year
Sold one of the cars last month and got my refund for tiebreak of the year in the mail 2 weeks later.
That's awesome! Good deal. They were on my list as well.
Old 1/12/16, 03:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Looks like I'm going with Grundy Insurance. It's a win-win situation. UNLIMITED mileage, 47K value on my car AND I'm saving 800 bucks a year?!??!! SIGN ME UP! Just have to button up some paperwork and I'm on-board. Oh,......and send the check. lol
Liberty Mutual NEVER got back to me and I gave them a chance to keep my business with the Mustang on their policy, but that's not gonna happen now! I gave them a chance to lower the payment. I cannot wait to call them to terminate the Mustang policy! Cannot wait!
Old 1/18/16, 03:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Sending out the check tomorrow morning on the way to work. Unlimited mileage, 47K value on my car and I don't even have to contact Liberty Mutual to tell them to cancel my current insurance on the Mustang.

Best part,........saving 800 bucks a year.
Old 1/18/16, 04:12 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That is awesome news Tony
Old 1/18/16, 05:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
That is awesome news Tony
Thank you Diana. Pretty happy about it. Should have done this years ago.
Did you guys get snow today as well?
Old 1/18/16, 06:05 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Thank you Diana. Pretty happy about it. Should have done this years ago.
Did you guys get snow today as well?
Agreed Value and Combined Single Limits, I believe are much better for you.

Yes we got snow yesterday and i guess overnight, they were salting the roads this morning even though it was basically melted. I am more worried about the storm Friday into Saturday.
Old 1/18/16, 06:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Yes we got snow yesterday and i guess overnight, they were salting the roads this morning even though it was basically melted. I am more worried about the storm Friday into Saturday.
Same here. It started last night around 8 PM or so. Still flurrying this morning too. It was light and fluffy. Not too bad. Still sucks though. lol

Yeah, they're saying we're going to get hit bad. I hope they are wrong. If it stays south more, we won't get it as bad. Plus, it's only Monday, it can change quickly. I hope for the better!!
Old 1/28/16, 03:09 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

So, it is done. I have my Grundy Insurance as of this past Monday. I called to make sure that Liberty Mutual had cancelled the Mustang policy and it has been.
THE BEST PART?!?!,.................I still get a refund of over 200 bucks from LB because I paid the policy off last year. I use my tax refund money to pay for my yearly truck/car insurance. One less bill for the year.
Old 2/7/16, 11:02 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Got my check Friday from Liberty Mutual. Refund of $234! Awesome. I always pay my insurance off for the year, so they refunded me the over payment since switching to Grundy in January. That covers more than half of the check I sent to Grundy. lol (Grundy requires you to pay the insurance bill up front for the year.)
I really am kicking myself for not checking into this sooner.