Old 5/4/05, 02:10 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would need to be to hammer that
Old 5/4/05, 02:11 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by scottie1113@May 2, 2005, 10:17 PM
600 guests, 14 bridesmaids, a $100k tab for the wedding, and she took a bus to Nevada and New Mexico? This girl is wrapped a little too tight for me.

Future hubby should practice his dropkicking technique because if this marriage ever happens it certainly won't last.
no more like loose
Old 5/4/05, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Fordracing200@May 4, 2005, 4:13 PM

You forget you'd have to catch her first, she's good at running!
Old 5/4/05, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+May 4, 2005, 2:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ May 4, 2005, 2:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200@May 4, 2005, 4:13 PM

You forget you'd have to catch her first, she's good at running!
[/b][/quote]

Old 5/4/05, 02:47 PM
GTR Member

women run TOWARDS this
Old 5/6/05, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Well, I thinik this thread needs a dissenting voice, so I will say that the lynch mob that is building against this woman is amazing to watch.

Making her or the family pay for the costs of this thing is a bad idea.

First of all the next time someone is missing, will someone think: "Well let me wait a while so I dont call the police and get in trouble if the person shows up. We cant afford that fine!"

Will that amount of time be the difference between life or death?

Making fun of her looks is also real nice. Didnt your parents teach you anything? How would your picture survive public scrutiny.

How much money have your senators and congressmen wasted on there own "trips" and stuff? I'm sure its alot more than was spent on this case. What about false alarms that police and firemen respond to? Maybe we should fine everyone for those?

Mom accidently locks her kid in the car and needs to call police? Fine her for being dumb. And post her pic up on CNN for all to ridicule. Hooray! Mobs are fun!!

I'm just amazed at how over-board everyone has gone with this, including the press (ok, not too suprised at the press... that is our modern retarded press).

Do you think the worldwide criticism/ridicule is any punishment for her? Maybe that balances everything in your mind? Or do you want her more humilated? She is from a rich family too, so we better make sure that she is humiliated even more right?

Thoughts?
Old 5/6/05, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did she not think this would make the NEWS? I'm sure she knew it would, afterall, she has a family and a fiancee, so they would scout for her. If she didn't want the attention, she should not have put herself out there.

As far as "Well let me wait a while so I dont call the police and get in trouble if the person shows up. We cant afford that fine!" NO... hopefully this will teach adults to act like adults and not 'run away'.

She was selfish IMO --- I know personally I would have <span style='color:red'>NEVER
put my family through the worry and grief she surely put her family through.

I dont think her "FAMILY" should pay, she should. Who do you think paid for the time and efforts that went out to look for her? What about those that volunteered for hours to find her?
</span>
Old 5/6/05, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee+May 6, 2005, 2:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(southern_stang_girlee @ May 6, 2005, 2:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did she not think this would make the NEWS? I'm sure she knew it would, afterall, she has a family and a fiancee, so they would scout for her. If she didn't want the attention, she should not have put herself out there.[/b]

So she did this just for attention? How do you know? I havent heard her say one word yet... Have you talked to her? Just wondering...

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@May 6, 2005, 2:04 PM
As far as "Well let me wait a while so I dont call the police and get in trouble if the person shows up. We cant afford that fine!" NO... hopefully this will teach adults to act like adults and not 'run away'.
You missed the point. If people could be fined for hundreds of thousands of dollars, that WOULD make people think twice about reporting. Or at least wait a bit in SOME cases. And that could be the difference between life and death at times.

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@May 6, 2005, 2:04 PM
She was selfish IMO --- I know personally I would have NEVER put my family through the worry and grief she surely put her family through.
I agree. She made a stupid decision. We all make mistakes. Hopefully not to this extent, but we all do.

<!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee
@May 6, 2005, 2:04 PM
I dont think her "FAMILY" should pay, she should. Who do you think paid for the time and efforts that went out to look for her? What about those that volunteered for hours to find her? [/color][/font]
[/quote]

As I said above, I think this is a bad idea.
Old 5/6/05, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Fordracing200+May 4, 2005, 4:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ May 4, 2005, 4:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>women run TOWARDS this
[/b]

You makka me waff!!!

<!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee
@May 6, 2005, 4:04 PM
Did she not think this would make the NEWS? I'm sure she knew it would, afterall, she has a family and a fiancee, so they would scout for her. If she didn't want the attention, she should not have put herself out there.

She was selfish IMO --- I know personally I would have <span style='color:red'>NEVER
put my family through the worry and grief she surely put her family through.

I dont think her "FAMILY" should pay, she should. Who do you think paid for the time and efforts that went out to look for her? What about those that volunteered for hours to find her?
</span>
[/quote]

Good point Lynell, plus she had the whole thing planned out a week in advance.

The fish eyed looney should definetly pay for it
Old 5/6/05, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

NO I dont think she did it for attention, but you think she didnt think that her family would be looking for her? Or do you think she thought maybe they would just check around the house?

People are kidnapped everyday and people automatically thinks the worse! Its only natural.

She was inconsiderate and selfish. YES, so she made a mistake. So, everyone that put their time and money into finding her should just say, Oh, its ok.. my time is not as valuable as her?

and NO you're missing the point, I dont think it will make people think twice about reporting a lovedone missing --- if they are missing you should report it. I would do it no matter what.

If you think that anything will change now because of her selfish actions, maybe it won't be that people will hesitate to report someone missing, maybe, JUST maybe, people will hesitate to help search for 'missing' people. God knows I would hate that people are reluctant to help me if someone in my family is missing b/c of this case.

But if you are having a hard time and need to get away, how about saying "Hey, Im having a hard day and need to get away!" Like an adult.

Old 5/6/05, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@May 6, 2005, 2:24 PM

Good point Lynell, plus she had the whole thing planned out a week in advance.

The fish eyed looney should definetly pay for it

Thank you Andy.
and I agree, she should pay for whatever SHE caused. No one forced her out. She made a conscience decision to leave... as you said, she even planned it out in advance. So, in all that time if she never thought about what her family would do when she was 'missing'; she deserves what ever BILL they hand her. Rich or not, what she did cost taxpayers money and many good hearted people their time.

And as Forrest Gump says, "and thats all I have to say about that!"
Old 5/6/05, 02:41 PM
GT Member

Let me ask this one question since you all know ALL the facts as to why she did this.

Exactly WHY did she run away?
Old 5/6/05, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@May 6, 2005, 2:44 PM
Let me ask this one question since you all know ALL the facts as to why she did this.

what "FACTS" do I know?
Well, I know she left.
I know she had people looking for her.
I know it cost people time and money. Thats what I know.

Let me ask YOU a question.

Exactly why didn't she SAY she needed to get away?OR even better, WHY didnt she call once it made the news and save everyone a week of searching?
Old 5/6/05, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@May 6, 2005, 4:44 PM

VW, who knows why she ran away but it doesn't make it right! As for your comment about the woman locking her kids in the car, uhhh, she did it by accident!

This Jennifer woman planned it all out completely and then went ahead with it. :nono: She had plenty of time to turn back because they don't do a search for a missing person (adult) until after 24 hours.

The fact of the matter is not the money she wasted but the resources. How would you feel if she had run away and caused all these people to look for her and then a child was legitimatley kidnapped and then was found dead because everyone was looking for her instead. How would you feel if that was you're missing child!!

We all learned when we were little that we don't prank call 911 because its illegal, well she basically did a HUGE prank call. And being a firefighter I know that each and every one of those emergency services people acted as if it were real and then to their dismay this lady just shows back up saying "Just kidding!"

We also learned that running away is not the answer when we were little. So either she has the mentality of a child and should be placed under special care (which I doubt is the reason) or she's an irresponsible brat who needs to learn the hard way about our laws!

VW you're looking at this situation as if it didn't effect lives, and the fact is it did. It placed immeasurable stress on her family, the police force, and the other volunteers who helped and selfishly placed others in danger (trust me trudging through a safer is neither safe nor fun! Been there done that!)

I hope she learns from this and can better herself but she still needs to be reprimanded for her actions.
Old 5/6/05, 02:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee+May 6, 2005, 4:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(southern_stang_girlee @ May 6, 2005, 4:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vwAirCooled@May 6, 2005, 2:44 PM

what "FACTS" do I know?
Well, I know she left.
I know she had people looking for her.
I know it cost people time and money. Thats what I know.

Let me ask YOU a question.

Exactly why didn't she SAY she needed to get away?OR even better, WHY didnt she call once it made the news and save everyone a week of searching?

[/b][/quote]

Go Lynell!!! You hit the nail on the head
Old 5/6/05, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also, somone should give her a copy of the book with the boy that cried wolf. Because now she may be a 'target' for any serial killers/ rapist. Everyone knows where she lives, what she looks like, and her story of being "missing".

So, Let me ask you VW, if you were to turn on CNN tomorrow, and she was 'missing' again, what would your first thought be?

This is my last comment about this story. Im locking myself from this thread. You obviously feel sorry for her, for whatever reason. Whereas I believe what she did was ridiculous, and I think most people agree.
Old 5/6/05, 03:31 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@May 6, 2005, 4:24 PM
... Because now she may be a 'target' for any serial killers/ rapist...
Or her OWN husband. Who would suspect the "baby face All-American boy next door" if she were to disappear again?

Now that I think about it, I'd marry her in a flash... and insure her for millions.

:banana2:

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!

Old 5/6/05, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT+May 6, 2005, 5:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ May 6, 2005, 5:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee@May 6, 2005, 4:24 PM
... Because now she may be a 'target' for any serial killers/ rapist...
Or her OWN husband. Who would suspect the "baby face All-American boy next door" if she were to disappear again?

Now that I think about it, I'd marry her in a flash... and insure her for millions.

:banana2:

IT'S PARTY TIME!!!

[/b][/quote]

They should tell her to look directly into the camera and apologize to everyone but then again we wouldn't know which way she was looking with those eyes!!!

Quick Reply: The Georgia "kidnapped" bride to be.