Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Game of Thrones

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/14, 10:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
The Feast for Crows is really making alot of things make more sense. Alot more back story to some of the plot lines.
Old 6/13/14, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope this final episode shows a couple more big events that should about to happen.
Old 6/14/14, 10:54 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

yeah me too. It should, but then…it's only an hour long LOL.
Old 6/14/14, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think hbo said it's their longest GOT episode yet, 66 min. hahaa.
Old 6/15/14, 10:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

tonight's episode..?
Attached Images  
Old 6/15/14, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Great Episode, loved the ending. They covered quite a bit of ground.

Only slightly disappointed because I was expecting some Baroness Rockheart, even just a little.
Old 6/15/14, 10:30 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

yeah no Lady Stoneheart. quite a deviation from the books.
Old 6/15/14, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
yeah no Lady Stoneheart. quite a deviation from the books.
Makes you wonder if she'll show up at all???
Old 6/15/14, 10:43 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by narphenal
I haven't read far enough ahead to know just how integral she is. If she's really important, then it must be a pain in the butt to write around her. Maybe there's budget/cost concerns LOL!
Old 6/15/14, 10:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I haven't read far enough ahead to know just how integral she is. If she's really important, then it must be a pain in the butt to write around her. Maybe there's budget/cost concerns LOL!
Nor have I; we're pretty much venturing past my knowledge of the books at this point.
Old 6/16/14, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Skipping Stoneheart would require a major deviation from the books. HUGE deviation.

Hers is a story of revenge, and there are central key players to be dealt with. It would be near impossible to write around.

And I'm a bit curious about Vyras. His location would also require a major story deviation if he stays where we last saw him.

Some of Tyrion's backstory was left out. It seems really important in the books, but with the way the show is going it hasn't made much of a difference. Still.... It's sad to see they left the primary reason behind Tyrion's hate for his family out of the story entirely. Sure two of them framed him for murder, but leaving out the truth of his first wife and of the prophecy..... It's his motivation for everything he does from this point forward in the books. And Cersei too.
Old 6/16/14, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Moustang
Skipping Stoneheart would require a major deviation from the books. HUGE deviation.

Hers is a story of revenge, and there are central key players to be dealt with. It would be near impossible to write around.

And I'm a bit curious about Vyras. His location would also require a major story deviation if he stays where we last saw him.

Some of Tyrion's backstory was left out. It seems really important in the books, but with the way the show is going it hasn't made much of a difference. Still.... It's sad to see they left the primary reason behind Tyrion's hate for his family out of the story entirely. Sure two of them framed him for murder, but leaving out the truth of his first wife and of the prophecy..... It's his motivation for everything he does from this point forward in the books. And Cersei too.
I think the showrunners decision to not include her was grounded partially because everyone was expecting it, even people who have no previous knowledge of the books were aware of her coming into the picture, so not including her would create much more buzz and anticipation for S5.

Not to mention TBWB didn't really get any screentime at all in S4, and more than likely, a lot of the viewers have forgotten somewhat about them, and including Lady Stoneheart might require a little more exposition than could be allowed in this episode.

Old 6/16/14, 09:52 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I've read a bunch of the reviews for book 4 which picks up where this season left off. The reviews were mixed, with alot of complaints around drawn out plot lines and absent characters. Adapting a tv show sometimes means hacking a book to keep audiences returning. balance between ratings on a tv show and faithfulness to a book can be tough.
Old 6/16/14, 10:28 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

After the finale, some more information about veering away from the books is starting to come up. Apparently, the 4 and 5 books may not lend themselves well to TV, and so the show runners have begun their own narratives. Whatever gets ratings i guess.
Old 6/17/14, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
After the finale, some more information about veering away from the books is starting to come up. Apparently, the 4 and 5 books may not lend themselves well to TV, and so the show runners have begun their own narratives. Whatever gets ratings i guess.
I don't think they are going in a different direction than the books, but I do believe a main reason why they didn't show Stoneheart was because Book 4 is somewhat boring and Stoneheart could easily fill 2 episodes next season that may otherwise be spent watching trees grow.
Old 6/17/14, 11:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Moustang
I don't think they are going in a different direction than the books, but I do believe a main reason why they didn't show Stoneheart was because Book 4 is somewhat boring and Stoneheart could easily fill 2 episodes next season that may otherwise be spent watching trees grow.
yes, that's kinda what I meant. However, they have already deviated so we can expect more, but not a departure from the main storyline. just juicier than the books. i'm reading book 4 right now. it puts me to sleep EVERY night lol!
Old 6/18/14, 03:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm reading book 4 right now. it puts me to sleep EVERY night lol!
Old 6/21/14, 09:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

haha I forgot about his role in Underworld before Tywin on Game of Thrones. Till i heard him while it was on TV tonight. Sort of 'Game of Throats' lol

Name:  ThomasUnderworld_zps138b9b3b.png
Views: 56
Size:  124.2 KB
Old 6/23/14, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

haha I forgot about his role in Underworld before Tywin on Game of Thrones. Till i heard him while it was on TV tonight. Sort of 'Game of Throats' lol
You forgot his best role.....

Name:  n4qiXHQ.gif
Views: 6
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 6/23/14, 07:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

You forgot his best role.....

LMAO, too funny

Quick Reply: Game of Thrones