Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

FIRE!

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/05, 10:06 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea sure Death blows.But that is a whole nother animal.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but if I lost everything I owned I really wouldn't be too pleased. Pictures of my kids, stuff I have saved of my kids, Sentiments, Stuff from my Granddad. Would not please me in the least.

From what I heard from the new neighbors, the house just kinda blew up- but everyone made it out alive and unhurt.
Old 7/29/05, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote=EleanorsMine

My Granddad died, we knew he was dying, it still stank.
We held vigil all weekend- and go figure, he died the second I went home to rest for a minute.

The family fell apart when he died. He was kind of the glue that held everyone together.

(In the case of my Father, he went back in the hospital on Thanksgiving Morning.
We spent time with him later that day, and most of the day on Friday...and when we came home we were making plans to take him a small cake on his Birthday...Saturday after Thanksgiving...and we got the call that he passed early in the Morning, on his Birthday. With my Mom I spent all my free time at the hospital, went home to get some rest and got the call the next Morning that she passed)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea sure Death blows.But that is a whole nother animal.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but if I lost everything I owned I really wouldn't be too pleased. Pictures of my kids, stuff I have saved of my kids, Sentiments, Stuff from my Granddad. Would not please me in the least.

I wouldn't be happy if I lost everything in a fire or other disaster, but like others have said here...most personal belongings can be replaced.

I've been working as an EMT for 20 years and in that time I've been to a few structure fires, and lots of incidents that makes you realize how short life can be...
A couple months ago we responding to a near drowning involving a small child, and today we went to a traffic collision were we had to transport a child to a trauma center (I can't get into other details due to privacy laws).

When you see things like that you realize how short life can be, and thankful for what you have.
Old 7/30/05, 09:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

As for fire:
I have a "little" ok BIG anxiety issue about it. That is why it freaks me out. I smell fire,and I get sick.

I developed it when I lived in a place devoid of fire or police departments, and have had trouble getting rid of it now that I live 3 minutes from many many fire departments.
Old 8/2/05, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

When I was a kid (like 8 or 10), I had this recurring dream where the house was on fire and nobody seemed to care except me. I ran around trying to get everyone to realize what was happening, but got no response, except from the moose, who tried to chase me, but couldn't get out from behind the television console. Hey, it's a dream, go figure!

Anyway, I'd wake up crying, and Dad would reassure me and give me a drink and a pat on the head, then send me back to sleep in my bed. Sorry, was channelling Dr Seuss there for a sec.

My point, if we ever get there, is that later as a teenager, I joined the local volunteer fire department, and spent the next five years running into burning buildings instead of trying to get out of them. I don't recall any conscious connection between the two, but all these years later it seems interesting.... :scratch:
Old 8/2/05, 07:40 PM
GTR Member

hahaha, neat story