Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

FEELIN GUILTY BOUT MY 06

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/05, 05:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today I have been in a depressed mood about the victims of Katrina. The utter devastation has my stomach turning and I can't help but feel guilty that I'm going to experience the joy of my new stang soon. Do I deserve this while other people have literally nothing??I'm trying to put things in perspective and realize that theres not much I can do except donate money(which I'm definitely doing).For any of you that have been affected please know that people feel your pain and we are praying for you..God Bless
Old 8/31/05, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boltzman@August 31, 2005, 4:47 PM
Today I have been in a depressed mood about the victims of Katrina. The utter devastation has my stomach turning and I can't help but feel guilty that I'm going to experience the joy of my new stang soon. Do I deserve this while other people have literally nothing??I'm trying to put things in perspective and realize that theres not much I can do except donate money(which I'm definitely doing).For any of you that have been affected please know that people feel your pain and we are praying for you..God Bless

Get a grip man.

Good God.

What you have has no bearing on people in dire straights, whether Bangladesh or Mississippi.

In fact, your fueling the economy, adding to the velocity of the good ol’ greenback is a blessing.

I’m picking mine up in a week or so, and the best thing I can do for those folks is to consume. Gas, fine dinners, hotels, upgrades to the car.

Live large.
Old 8/31/05, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Boltzman@August 31, 2005, 5:47 PM

I understand your concern... but really there's no reason to feel guilty about your 06 Mustang.

You're doing what you can, sending money to aid the relief. Hopefully everyone who can is contributing in any way they can. It's truly a horrible situation.

If it makes you feel better, the cities may be fully recovered before you get your vehicle.

(put the flame guns down people... just a little joke)
Old 8/31/05, 05:55 PM

things like this really does put things in perspective.Things that seemed so bad just doesnt seem so bad when you think and see what those people are enduring. Our hearts and prayers go out to all the victims of hurricane Katrina.

God Bless
Old 8/31/05, 06:18 PM
GT Member

It is terrible what happened to those people in the south. But in any corner of the US there are terrible things happening.

Fires in the west, a blizzard on the east coast, drought in the midwest, hurricanes in the south.

We all take a risk when we live where we live. You buying a car doesn't make you look selfish. It shows that you have accomplished a dream come true.

Today it's the hurricane, tomorrow it could be an earthquake in the northwest then what?

If you want to help send a check for what ever you have left after paying for gas and send it to the red cross. Like someone said earlier, by buying your car you keep the economy going which provides for other people to help the cause.
Old 8/31/05, 06:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Anything can happen at anytime, anyplace.

Do what you can to help others in need...... but also don't go through life living what ifs.

Have fun with the time we have left...
Not saying be a selfish ... I feel bad, and I'll donate, but it isn't going to stop me from living the way I do.
Old 8/31/05, 08:27 PM
GT Member

I think we should say a prayer for all the people that are in need now!!!!!
Old 8/31/05, 08:34 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dont feel guilty man, it aint your fault. as long as we remember that there ARE people in need, and that are worse off than ourselves and try and do something about it, theres nothing to be guilty about. no one can do everything
Old 8/31/05, 11:46 PM
Cobra Member

no i think he has every right to feel this way. we had two hurricanes blow through here last year, the eye past by about 40 miles north of my house, while they were cat 1s i will tell you how scary they were..

i have friends and relatives living in New Orleans and the surrounding areas. I have heard from them all and are all fine. Two of them have major roof damage and one has 3 and a half feet of water in her house.
their houses are ruined, might not have jobs. i dont think i will be getting any mods for my stangs any time soon...
Old 9/1/05, 11:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Make a donation if you can, give blood if you can. Volunteer if you want.
We live in a xociety that if something happens, it has to be someone's fault.
As I type this, they are showing the start of possible civil unrest in areas -
I am starting to believe that this disaster may have a bigger, longer lasting effect on the country than we can possibly imagine. All this and the polticiians with their agendas have not even gotten started yet.
Old 9/2/05, 01:00 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are feeling guilty about it, donate to the Red Cross or Salvation Army.
Old 9/2/05, 06:49 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by Boltzman@August 31, 2005, 7:47 PM
... Do I deserve this while other people have literally nothing?
How many people are concerned with your welfare? Excluding the helpless decent people suffering this nightmare, do the looters make you feel guilty as well?
Old 9/3/05, 11:06 AM

I also have been wondering if I should go ahead and get my car. It's due in 2 weeks. Suddenly, I see how much I have, and it just doesen't seem right that I am about to attain a life long dream, and americans in the gulf region have lost everything.

But, as also posted here, by buying the car, I am doing my part to help keep the economy running. And, as also posted, I did what I could do to help. I sent money to the Salvation Army, signed up for matching contributions at work, and went to Walmart to donate money. So many of us are heart-broken at what has happened, and feel what can we do?

Donate money, time, resources to the charity of your choice. Look at ways to conserve in your life.

And demand answers from all levels of our government about why it took so long to respond to americans in crisis.

Thanks for listening to my rant.