Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Ever heard this noise?

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/05, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So about an hour ago my girlfriend is getting ready to leave (about 1:30am). She is still half asleep after falling asleep, I on the other hand am pretty awake, we are both in my room. Suddenly I hear what seems to be a young girl waking up from a nightmare screaming (and I mean loud). It continues for another couple minutes, about every 10-20 seconds. I'm starting to think, man why aren't her parents going to her room to shut her up? But it continues...... At this point I'm getting alittle freaked out, it sounded like someone being attacked. Finally, my girlfriend asked what the noise was, and I said I thought it was the girl next door screaming.

It continued for another 5+ minutes (seemed longer). So by now both of us are pretty freaked out. So after about 5 minutes, you then could hear the screams become fainter, and fainter, going off into the distance. Ofcourse by now we are both rattling off theories of what it could be, besides the little girl ofcourse. It sounded like a rabbit screaming to both of us (if you've ever heard one get caught by a cat you know what i'm talking about), but I said it was just much too loud to be a rabbit.

Finally, we go downstairs and I start searching google for like "screaming new jersey animals" lol and stuff like that. I find nothing, and I walk my girlfriend out to her car, and walk 'briskly' back inside haha. I couldn't sleep after what we heard, so I continued searching google. Eventually I found the culprit. Listen for yourself. Imagine its 1:30am and your half asleep.

:shock: Turn your speakers UP for the full effect. :shock:

Screaming at 1:30 in the morning.

As you now may or may not know, it was a barn owl. Maybe it sounds alot like a bird now, but I have lived in the same place, in south jersey for my whole life (25 years) and have never heard that before. I live in the suburbs, and behind my back yard is a pretty large gully which has turned into a large swampy like woods area, filled with trees. It is now 3am, and I am further concerned about something. There is a full grown wild rabbit living under this huge oak tree in the corner of my yard, concealed under oak tree is an old dog house, and I'm pretty sure it is/was living in there. I put out some fruit in a bowl near the tree, as it comes out to eat grass/plants around dusk. I'm begining to wonder if I'll see it again Although the barn owl as I now read is only about 18 inches tall, rabbit was pretty big as well, although that may not matter hah

Anyway had to put this down somewhere, extremely wierd and terrifying haha. I won't be getting much sleep tonight haha.

-Mike
Old 6/18/05, 08:43 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember the first time I heard Coyotes.........It scared the pee out of me.

Ps- they must be the Jersey Devils pets