Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

ebay scorage

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06, 04:59 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
good lord, why don't you two get a room [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stickpoke.gif[/img]

I keed! That stuff is pretty cool.
Old 2/9/06, 06:14 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
That would be cool to see them man..

Hey scott...you are just jealouse of or mad props [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

My latest aquisitions
The Head Piece to the staff of Ra
[attachmentid=44832]

and the Chachapoyan map and a Hovitos blow dart (the map in the begining of raiders )
[attachmentid=44833]
Old 2/9/06, 11:42 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
cant wait to see some pics chris

BM the indy gear rocks!

lol now u need the hat, the gun and the whip
Old 2/10/06, 07:32 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
HAHHA thanks!

Welp the hat whip and jacket are the big ticket items...I think the whip night be next..or at least next in the costuming end

Arin if you are interested in Indy gear check out Indy Gear.com
These guys are the authorites on it!
When my Head peice came in I opened it up and almost teared up as it reminded me when i was young and saw raiders for the first time and how much i loved that movie and still do.
My female friend was over last night and I showed it to her (she doesn't get the prop thing at all) but ehen I handed it over to her she said and what are you gonna do with this??? But her smile said "Man this was a great movie I wanna see it again! this is cool as hell!"

I think subliminally this raiders gear sparks off something in people.
I know when I hear tyhe name Harrison Ford the first thing I think of is Indy..I'm sure it's Han Solo for you thoguh [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

BTW were you able to register at RPF?
And just to round off the collection
here my indy wallet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

[attachmentid=44865]
Old 2/11/06, 03:05 AM
Post *****

haha you're right in thinking Han Solo occurs first in my mind. i mean c'mon, they start with the same letter [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

and RPF wont let me register, all i get is:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

The board administrator is no longer accepting any new registrations at the moment.
[/b][/quote]

so i just skin the place looking for hints. ive pretty much got all the info i need to build a gas powered E-11 blaster, but none of the cash lol.

oh and i changed my mind about the tie fighter helmet... look what i scored for $32 shipped:

im thinking, since its not the super expensive one, id do a custom paint job....
[attachmentid=44941]

i eventually want to be able to actually use my prop airsofts in matches, for kicks. it'll confuse the heck outta the opposition

"watch out, we got three opposing marines incoming... thers one more guy coming from the right with a... a jetpack!?!?! what the?!!?!"

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 10:28 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
cool you need the rest of the outfit... but i perfer the boba fett colors to the jango fett... jango fett looks like you'd see him in a cartoon where as boba looks like somthing in real life.
Old 2/12/06, 11:02 PM
Post *****

i know what you mean, but this is a better made helmet than the boba versions in the same pricerange.

i sm eith you on the boba paint scheme tho... but i like my scheme even better lol...
Old 2/14/06, 09:03 AM
Needs to be more Astony

i figured that your color scheme would look like this! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Old 2/14/06, 09:19 AM
Needs to be more Astony

I know this is out of the blue but i was looking at the first page and my uncles cousins wife was the speacial effects supervisor for the movie Chronicles of Riddick.
Old 2/14/06, 08:01 PM
Post *****

first: i thought about that scheme, but it wouldnt be so great airsofting lol "look in the trees! its a golden head! lets shoot it"

and also, if uve read any of the jango fet comics its the same paint scheme as his adopted father. i know

and i guess that makes you almost famous lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 08:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
prop was created by the Lucasfilms art department in England based loosely on Egyptian mythology. The god Ra, a sun diety, was a major figure in Egyptian cosmology, identified with the dawn and rebirth. The same concepts are associated with the Phoenix, the great bird of Greek mythology, which, after its cremation, rose again from the ashes. Whether or not the phoenix inspired the bird of the headpiece is speculative.

The text on the headpiece is not Egyptian heiroglyphics, but appears rather to be ancient Hebrew. Here is a transliteration, as reading the characters left to right on the headpiece into roman letters--actual Hebrew is read right to left:

front: GKSHMHV HVHJ DBK

SHDQ LOM THA HMAV

back: VTMQ EMATT

The headpiece to the Staff of Ra exists in the film as two distinctly different props. The one we all know, is the one from the scene with Imam deciphering the writing. It is different from the first prop showing up in the Nepal scenes. That one features larger wings on the bird, and it has no writing. Contributed by David Hussey

When Imam is translating the headpiece, he offers the wrong translation
for each side. He had the wrong side up when saying his lines. Also, when Toht burns his hand, the bird on the headpiece is upright with the beak facing to the left. But, the burn on his hand has the
beak facing to the right (and the bird is upright when it should have been upside-down). The positioning of bird and the burned inscription seems to more closely resemble the 'Jehovah' side. And that's the side,
according to the movie, the ***** did not know about. Contributed by Todd Reube
Cool You lucky blokes now you all got me thinking I'd like one I do Love Indiana Jones

Contrary to what many people think, the crystal in the center of the headpiece is amber, not red. Although some shots of the crystal in the film appear red, there are not currently any photographs of the prop to support this. As with the picture above, all stills seen show the amber color center piece.