Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Dual Montior & Dialog box opening problem

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/06 | 12:33 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Dual Montior & Dialog box opening problem

When I am in a program (its citrix based) and you have the program on one screen, if you open any modules that has a menu window or a dialog box that opens, it pulls up in the monitor split (i.e. the center of the desktop that is extended on both monitors). Anyone know of a way to make them center them selves on the application? Not sure if any software utility can be run to do this or what. I haven't found a solution yet.
Old 6/10/06 | 07:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not sure if this will work or not, but it has for me in PS and what not. Try making the window of the program not maximized, but expanded so it fills your screen. Then when you close it, it should come back the same way.

The dialogue boxes might center on it then. Not sure, but its my best guess .

I think we're some of the 1 percent of computer users who have duals. Its so much easier, isn't it?
Old 6/10/06 | 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I use dual screens at work with an Nvidia Quadro FX dual head card and in the settings you can have it so that dialog boxes open in the center of the monitor where the application is in. I assume ATI video cards have the same option. Just go into the properties and hunt around for it.

Good luck!
Old 6/10/06 | 09:35 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Well i've tried both things you guys suggested. Nvidia has their nView product and while it has the options to tell where you want the dialog boxes, but it doesnt work, at least on the machines im testing.

Also since this is a application running over citrix, its more difficult since i think windows doesnt recognize it as an actual app.
Old 6/10/06 | 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I use Citrix at work to publish a FoxPro database and Excel. Both applications obviously run in the citrix window. I know that the FoxPro database open windows and those windows are centered in the citrix application window. An example would be the "save as" dialog box. I'll mess with a bit more on Monday.

A second item is the Nvidia drivers will allow you to have custom settings by application. You might try to set those specific to the ica client executable file and see if it helps. Again on Monday I can take some screenshots of what I mean if you haven't tried that already. I have used this to force VNC and all its dialog boxes to the 2nd monitor successfully.