Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

contesting speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/05, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, i got a speeding ticket today. :bang: I haven't received one since 1997!!! I don't even have my new stang yet and i got a ticket!!! :angry:

anyway, has anyone here went to court and actually won! I ask because i plan to contest my ticket. I've been searching the internet with hopes of finding advice to beat this ticket. Has anyone tried any of the beat the ticket websites and been successful??
Old 4/19/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure about contesting a ticket, but a guy I know had a ticket and its not on his record:

if you pay your ticket, but add $5.00 more to the payment, the check is cashed, and you are marked as paid, but the computer system does not allow for refunds, so, your ticket stays in limbo... meaning it will never show up on your record.
Old 4/19/05, 06:59 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
genius!!
Old 4/19/05, 07:34 PM
GTR Member

just go to court and fight it, tell me your story and i can figure out something, and my uncle wins in court all da time
Old 4/20/05, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@April 19, 2005, 3:56 PM

Not sure about contesting a ticket, but a guy I know had a ticket and its not on his record:

if you pay your ticket, but add $5.00 more to the payment, the check is cashed, and you are marked as paid, but the computer system does not allow for refunds, so, your ticket stays in limbo... meaning it will never show up on your record.

I've heard about that method, but i'm afraid that it might not work. I'm seriously thinking about contesting it.

The trooper said something to me that was kind of weird. He said that if i pay the ticket before the court date, then it will not show up on my record??? :scratch:

I guess he thinks i'm bobo the fool or something because i'm sure that it will show up on my record! Has anyone else heard this??? Also, if it's false, then why would he say that??? Is it because he know that he won't be in court that day and doesn't want me to show up?
Old 4/20/05, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@April 19, 2005, 5:56 PM

never had a ticket myself but I wonder if that works? Cool if it does.

Anywho my father contested a ticket once and won. He was stopped at a stop sign and there was a cop around the corner behind some hedges and couldn't see him stop so he accused him of running it. My dad went to court and the cop didn't even show up.

I really depends on what kind of proof you have and whether the judge is lenient. You may want to call an attorney and just ask what you're rights are.
Old 4/20/05, 11:55 AM

Why don't you try a PreTrial Diversion program? I'm not sure of the exact details, but I'm sure it won't count against you as long as you don't get another speeding ticket for a year. That is if there is such a thing in your state.
Old 4/20/05, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@April 19, 2005, 3:56 PM

That's BS.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp
Old 4/20/05, 12:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Shea+April 20, 2005, 12:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shea @ April 20, 2005, 12:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee@April 19, 2005, 3:56 PM

That's BS.

[/b][/quote]

No, its not BS, because I know someone that done it --- its going on 2 years now, no record!
Old 4/20/05, 02:11 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee+April 20, 2005, 12:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(southern_stang_girlee @ April 20, 2005, 12:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Shea@April 20, 2005, 12:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-southern_stang_girlee
@April 19, 2005, 3:56 PM

That's BS.

No, its not BS, because I know someone that done it --- its going on 2 years now, no record!
[/b][/quote]

I've tried that..... It didn't work........ I live in Virginia, ticket was in North Carloina. It showed up on my Virginia record.
Old 4/20/05, 02:42 PM

update..............contacted the court house to find out the amount of the ticket & the time i would have to appear in court. the lady told me the amount for going 69 in a 55 mph zone is $64 if i pay before the court date. She also said that if i pay before the court date, then the ticket will not show up on my record. I told her that i've never heard of that before and she said that it's only done at that court. If i were to contest it, and is found guilty, then i would have to pay $82.75 plus the ticket would be on my record.

I think i'll just pay the fine.