Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Concerts and favorite bands

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/13, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Concerts and favorite bands

Thought I would start a thread about concerts you've been to/want to go to and/or list your favorite band (s).

I'm a 90s kid who loves 80s music and was raised on Loverboy. I have seen them numerous times and when I was 14 was actually pulled on stage to sing the encore with Mike Reno which of course was Lovin Every Minute of It (prolly favorite concert memory)
I've seen: gin blossoms, journey, pat benetar, korn, sevendust, in this moment(x2), disturbed, papa roach, skillet, p.o.d, theory of a deadman, shinedown(x3 they put on a hell of a show), three days grace (x2 once with adam singing=bad*** concert, once without which was terrible), and recently saw Trivium which was amazing(drove 5 hours to see them only for them to release new tour dates and come to des moines which is like 2 hours)! Really wanting to see 10 years also.
Old 11/14/13, 04:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First show: Kiss with Judas Priest, Favorite Shows: Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Ice Cube, Favorite Venue: Red Rocks, Favorite Band: Alice in Chains
Old 11/14/13, 06:34 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Luckily I keep track of this on FB.

2007: American Idol Tour lol

2008: Brad Paisley with Jewel and Chuck Wicks

2009: 1. Keith Urban w/ Zac Brown Band, 2. Miranda Lambert, and 3. Martina McBride w/ Trace Adkins

2010: 1. Brad Paisley w/ Miranda Lambert and Justin Moore, 2. Carrie Underwood w/ Sons of Sylvia, 3. The Band Perry (CD release at a Best Buy), 4. George Strait w/ Reba and LeeAnn Womack, 5. Lady Antebellum w/ David Nail, and 6. K102 Class of 2010 Radio Station Concert (Sunny Sweeny, Jaron and the long road to love, Josh Kelly, Jerrod Niemann, and The Band Perry)

2011: 1. Blake Shelton with Easton Corbin and The Band Perry, 2. Tim McGraw with Luke Bryan and The Band Perry, 3. Eric Church (from behind a fence lol), 4. Carrie Underwood, 5. Keith Urban w/ Jake Owen, and 6. K102 Class of 2011 (Frankie Ballard, Edens Edge, Hunter Hayes, Thompson Square, Scott McCreery, and Brantley Gilbert)

2012: 1. Brad Paisley w/ The Band Perry and Scotty McCreery, 2. Miranda Lambert w/ Chris Young and Jerrod Niemann (who I missed cause I was too busy meeting Miranda), 3. Eric Church w/ Brantley Gilbert and Jon Pardi, 4. Miranda Lambert with The Pistol Annies and RaeLynn, 5. Blake Shelton w/ Sunny Sweeny and a surprise appearance by Miranda Lambert, 6. from outside the state fair grandstand (sorta counts, right? ) Rascal Flatts with Little Big Town, Eli Young Band, and Edens Edge, and 7. K102 Class of 2012 (The Farm, Greg Bates, Jana Kramer, Dustin Lynch, and Thomas Rhett).

2013: 1. George Strait w/ Martina McBride, 2. Buz'n Half Duz'n Radio Concert (Jana Kramer, Love and Theft, Joe Nichols, Easton Corbin, Chris Cagle, Uncle Kracker and Kip Moore), 3. Gloriana, 4. George Strait with Martina McBride and Miranda Lambert (in San Antonio w/ Gary), 5. OneRepublic, 6. Blake Shelton w/ Easton Corbin and Jana Kramer and surprise by Danielle Bradbury, 7. Miranda Lambert w/ Dierks Bentley and Jukebox Mafia, and 8. The Band Perry.

Upcoming - Tomorrow: Brad Paisley w/ Chris Young and Danielle Bradbury, December: Martina McBride (Christmas show), January: Keith Urban w/ Little Big Town and Dustin Lynch, February: Lady Antebellum w/ Kip Moore and Kacey Musgraves, March: The Band Perry w/ Easton Corbin and Lindsay Ell.

I'm just a little obsessive.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 11/14/13 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11/14/13, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

^nice. Where do u live that that many concerts come around? In our small town we have a music festivam every year for a week with different bands. Ive seen a few more that's all I could remeber nice organization though that's the best way to remeber.
Michael buble and naturally 7 was one I forgot
Old 11/14/13, 07:57 PM

I'm near Minneapolis/St. Paul, so there's quite a few that come here. I did travel to two shows though. lol

Last edited by Blue Notch; 11/14/13 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11/14/13, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Makes sense now considering the trivium concert I went to was in minneapolis haha. I live in the southeast corner of iowa. They usually play in Europe so I figured I better go if they are close, then I get home and a couple days later they show the dates for the second part of their tour and they were coming to des moines. Oh well I had a nice trip. I was just up there again a few weeks ago for the packer-vikes game. I like downtown I thought out was pretty nice
Old 11/14/13, 08:24 PM

That's not too far away. And ya, if someone is coming close who doesn't come along too often, you gotta go. If they come again, that's just another chance to have a good time. Minneapolis isn't bad, but I try to avoid the city if I can help it. Too many people. lol
Old 11/14/13, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not a concert goer but I really want to see Thee Oh Sees. They are a garage band from San Fran that writes great music and puts on a great show live.

I have seen Rush live and enjoyed it very much every time.
Old 11/15/13, 08:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Tom Petty.
Old 11/15/13, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Tom Petty.
I'd like to see Tom. He sold out this summer very quickly.

Last Year saw Linkin Park.
First Concert was Joan Jett and The Police back in 81 or 82....dang that was long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
Old 11/15/13, 03:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Lol I actually started a similar thread with pics. Some of my highlights include Pink Floyd and U2 front row. Roger Waters, 7th row.
Old 11/15/13, 04:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Lol I actually started a similar thread with pics. Some of my highlights include Pink Floyd and U2 front row. Roger Waters, 7th row.
Nice. Ive only been front row for STP but I've braved many pits! lol
Old 11/15/13, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman
Nice. Ive only been front row for STP but I've braved many pits! lol
I saw STP during "Vatican Gift shop" era. My mom went too. Lol yes mosh pit for that one as well.

Worst mosh pit ever was NIN and Metallica. When Metallica was cool and had hair.
Old 11/15/13, 06:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
The Cure on their Wish tour. It was a stadium performance and we camped out to get 14 rows from the stage. For the youngsters out there, this is before internet ticket sales.

It was also the year of my high school graduation and the last big thing my high school group of friends did before we scattered across California. Great show!
Old 11/15/13, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
The Cure on their Wish tour. It was a stadium performance and we camped out to get 14 rows from the stage. For the youngsters out there, this is before internet ticket sales. It was also the year of my high school graduation and the last big thing my high school group of friends did before we scattered across California. Great show!
This brought back memories. I saw them during that era also. Great band. I was in high school in the 90s. ...I went to Depeche Mode violation tour, Erasure, Smashing Pumpkins, new order, Morrissey. Good memories! Music sure changed on me since those days.

P.s I often camped out overnight at a music store in San Antonio called "Sound Warehouse." I'm sure someone remembers it?

Last edited by Getportfolio; 11/15/13 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11/15/13, 08:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I think Sound Warehouse became a DSW shoestore.
Old 11/15/13, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw Linkin Park at the Comcast center in MA last year. Hands down best concert ever.
Old 11/15/13, 10:13 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Saw Linkin Park at the Comcast center in MA last year. Hands down best concert ever.
Bet it was! I like some of their stuff.
Old 11/16/13, 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
The Cure on their Wish tour. It was a stadium performance and we camped out to get 14 rows from the stage. For the youngsters out there, this is before internet ticket sales.

It was also the year of my high school graduation and the last big thing my high school group of friends did before we scattered across California. Great show!
I have been a Cure fan since 1987 and have never had the chance to see them live. Robert can still sing as good as ever and Simon looks like he never ages.
Old 11/16/13, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
This brought back memories. I saw them during that era also. Great band. I was in high school in the 90s. ...I went to Depeche Mode violation tour, Erasure, Smashing Pumpkins, new order, Morrissey. Good memories! Music sure changed on me since those days.

P.s I often camped out overnight at a music store in San Antonio called "Sound Warehouse." I'm sure someone remembers it?
You're not lying about music changing. I probably like about 1 out of every 500 newer bands. You should check out Hooverphonic. They are a modern band that really sounds amazing and writes very good stuff.

Quick Reply: Concerts and favorite bands