Search this Thread

Old 6/27/12, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
long vid on the subject.

http://contrailscience.com/how-long-do-contrails-last/
Old 7/3/12, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely in the Tin Hat category. As explained, con trails can range from non-existant to thick across the sky depending on various meteorological conditions, primarily temperature and humidity at specific altitudes, and they can vary greatly at different altitudes.

Here's a WWII image showing planes at a lower altitude with no contrails and bombers at a much higher altitude with very dense contrails:

The main components of internal combustion exhaust are CO2 and H2O (and some stinkier minor components). In a humid environment, and it doesn't take much water to get near the saturation point in the very low temps and thin air at high altitudes. Thus, even a bit more moisture from a jet's exhaust can easily be enough to push it past the condensation point and voila, vapor trail. The condensation droplets can then readily freeze into ice crystals which will linger until basically dispersed by the winds over time.

Last edited by rhumb; 7/3/12 at 03:31 PM.
Old 7/4/12, 07:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

ya know when I first heard of chem trails I started looking it up on the net (I know everything on the net must be true) and the more I read from many sources the more I started to believe there could be something to it. I am still not convinced one way or the other. Go to you tube and search chem trails and con trails or google the two.
Ruumb post makes a lot of sense. The higher the plane the longer the contrail but I have seen just the opposite in the sky above my house. I'm sure its possible but weird just the same. Our government has done more rediclous stuff to people than chem trails sooooooo why not chem trails??

I'm not wearing the tin foil hat but I have one ready

Last edited by Glenn; 7/4/12 at 07:05 AM.
Old 7/4/12, 07:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

double post
Old 7/4/12, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those who think that the Government is spraying chemicals out of aircraft exhaust...

May I suggest therapy with the psychiatric clinic run by Drs. Areyou, Whacked and Howe?

Last edited by DaGonz; 7/4/12 at 10:38 PM. Reason: correction of spelling errors
Old 7/4/12, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
ya know when I first heard of chem trails I started looking it up on the net (I know everything on the net must be true) and the more I read from many sources the more I started to believe there could be something to it. I am still not convinced one way or the other. Go to you tube and search chem trails and con trails or google the two.
Ruumb post makes a lot of sense. The higher the plane the longer the contrail but I have seen just the opposite in the sky above my house. I'm sure its possible but weird just the same. Our government has done more rediclous stuff to people than chem trails sooooooo why not chem trails??

I'm not wearing the tin foil hat but I have one ready
Chemtrails vs Contrails - YouTube
Upper atmosphere air temperatures can vary greatly depending on ground heating, wind directions and air mass movements. I live in one of the eastbound approach patterns for KBOS, aka Logan International Airport. I live 26 miles to the west of Boston. I see aircraft going through temperature gradients with contrails disappearing and re-appearing all the time while the aircraft makes its descent. I love watching them fly over, I have my binoculars at the ready and try to identify the airline and type of aircraft overhead.

My neighbors don't think I am crazy.. they know I am!

Last edited by DaGonz; 7/4/12 at 10:39 PM.
Old 7/4/12, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DaGonz
For thos who think that the Government is spraying chemicals out of aircraft exhaust...

Y I suggest therapy with the psychiatric clinic run by Drs. Areyou, Whacked and Howe?
lol.
Old 12/6/12, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok after months of watching the sky I am convinced chem trails truely do exist. I have tried the tin foil hat and removed it and I keep coming up with the same results......and no you can't call me crazy!
Has anyone else looked into this since I started this thread?
Old 12/6/12, 05:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Ok after months of watching the sky I am convinced chem trails truely do exist. I have tried the tin foil hat and removed it and I keep coming up with the same results......and no you can't call me crazy!

I beg to differ.
Old 12/6/12, 06:00 PM
MOTM Committee Member

what would be the point of this? population control?
Old 12/6/12, 06:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Exactly!

To what end?

It's so high up and yet the area of sky covered is minute compared to the total amount over the US. It dissipates so quick. It's so random. It's so high.

I'd be willing to believe anything of the government but this just doesn't make sense. Theres nothing to be gained. Unless they are doing it just to **** with Glenn.
Old 12/7/12, 11:08 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Exactly!

To what end?

It's so high up and yet the area of sky covered is minute compared to the total amount over the US. It dissipates so quick. It's so random. It's so high.

I'd be willing to believe anything of the government but this just doesn't make sense. Theres nothing to be gained. Unless they are doing it just to **** with Glenn.
LOL I agree Gary.

There's no doubt the Government does some shady crap. I'd just have to see the purpose before I start believing this particular rumor
Old 12/7/12, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I see them low as well as high in the sky. Our government has actually admitted that they are spraying but won't go any farther into it.
A couple of vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=78rKNoR4T0w

Alex Jones tries to explain it

A crazy picture I took the other day.
Attached Thumbnails Chem trails-imag0128.jpg  
Old 12/7/12, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Anarchy
Old 12/7/12, 01:36 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mine pic..

what if its a chemical that makes people vote for Obama?
Attached Thumbnails Chem trails-wp_003292.jpg  
Old 12/7/12, 01:48 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
mine pic..

what if its a chemical that makes people vote for Obama?
then it's not effective in AZ LOL
Old 12/7/12, 01:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that might be why they are spraying it tho
Old 12/7/12, 02:15 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
that might be why they are spraying it tho
You bastard! I guess it's never too early to start the 2016 campaign LOL
Old 12/8/12, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
*sighs*

They *are* chemical trails... it's also called 'exhaust'. Your Mustangs and other vehicles do this to, as seen in the winter. YOU do this too, as seen in a cold area when your breath condenses.

What do they all have in common? Water vapor and temperature difference.

All of the vehicles/you mentioned expel hot, moist gases. You because it's part of your resparatory system, the moistened lungs and such. The car and the airplane and all other combustion vehicles because, much like your air conditioner, the temperature difference from hot to cold, in such a sudden manner, causes the water vapor in the air to condense into a little cloud. And all air has water vapor, and it does NOT burn in the combustion process... not all of it. And the air around the exhaust is also moisture laden.

Ergo, visible exhaust. What else is in that exhaust is carbon dioxide, in *every* case, so that can be listed straight as a 'chemtrail' item. Others might include carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide and trace other elements/chemicals, including fuel itself, if not completely burned in the combustion process.

Now, as to why some days versus not on the trails of airplanes? Temperature differences vary from day to day, as does water content. It's called 'weather' and different altitudes have different weather. Ergo, different water content, different temperature differences... what's humid at sea level, directly above at 30000+ feet is not humid at all lots of days. And vice versa.

That's it. Nothing more. Worry about the 21st of December more than this, k? It's more likely to impact your lives than any exhaust in the short term...

/Although, it must be said that the continued pumping of carbon out of the ground and into the air isn't exactly a grand idea in the long term scheme of things, I'd reckon... but IANAScientist... or a Politician... so what do I know.
//But if I'm right, time for us to stop breathing.

Last edited by houtex; 12/8/12 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12/9/12, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You sound like you work for the government Houtex. lol

Quick Reply: Chem trails