Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Buyer Beware! SS Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/05, 06:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update!

This post originally discussed a negative experience that I had trying to return a dashkit to ssinserts. com.

I'm happy to report that Barry at SSinserts.com contacted me after my post, and he's offered to make things right. Net is that they did not intend to mislead anyone and they are going to change the way they message their refund policy.

I did some additional research today and found that (1) their product is produced by a well known maker of quality dash kits; and (2) their return policy is consistent with others selling these types of dashkits. They simply need to do a better job of letting customers know up front and they're going to do that.

Thanks to all who provided their feedback/comments. I want to clear the record however and let everyone know that ssinserts did the right thing.
Old 7/20/05, 07:13 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$225 item that wasn;t as advertised and NO return?.......

Dude I feel so bad you have to deal with that - holy #@^%##% that stinks!!!

Man those guys are lousy...... :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:
Old 7/20/05, 07:49 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Dave. I think it's a raw deal. What's so hard about telling customers upfront that the dashkit is non-returnable?

Here's an idea, why not put "DASHKIT IS NOT RETURNABLE" right under the product description. Instead they wait until AFTER the order is placed to let you know. Pretty clear that they don't want you to know that up front in my opinion.
Old 7/20/05, 08:38 PM
V6 Member

PLEASE tell me you used a credit card! Call the credit card company to dispute the implied quality of the merchandize. Grab screen-captures of the web site ads, and take good quality pictures of what you received. You have 60 days to put it in writing - sent the photos/screen captures to the credit card company. Tell them you were mislead by the quality implied by their web ads. You alone are a taken-mark from their standpoint - to them; however, the credit card company is something they have to deal with. At least you keep the debt uncollectable for the legal limits of the timeframes - you have 60 days to file a dispute, they have some time to respond, you have 30 or 60 more days to respond to them, yada, yada, yada. In the mean time, no debt is due. Call the credit card company and confirm the procedure.

If you did not use a credit card, then … never mind.

Dave
Old 7/20/05, 08:52 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man that does stink. Thanks for sharing the information with us. Perhaps we should all write to the company and tell them that if this is the way they run their business that they just lost a lot of potential customers.
Old 7/20/05, 09:11 PM
Cobra Member

Either way they just lost customers. There must be some additional recourse besides CC company.

good luck.
Old 7/20/05, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Always the lovely BBB, they worked for me!
Old 7/20/05, 09:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that stinks man
Old 7/21/05, 06:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

I had a bad experience like that with UPR with a dash kit for my 02 V6 Stang. The material was really cheesy and was double sided sticky 3m adhesive. Put it on the one day, woke up the next morning, all the pieces fell off the car. Called them, they would not accept a return or send me out replacements. Never sent me an instruction guide, they said i had to clean the area's with rubbing alcohol. Like i said, no instructions about cleaning them. So 3 months later they start sending me replacement parts, and to this day I still continue to get replacement parts for a car I no longer have, LOL
Old 7/21/05, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the warning. I'll steer clear of them.
Old 7/21/05, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rakkassan34@July 21, 2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the warning. I'll steer clear of them.

I don't think you have to steer clear of them, just don't buy the inteiror dash kit/upgrade, SS inserts make great products. I bought the letter inserts for my 02 back bumper and they were great. I just also purchased a car duster and a script "Mustang" logo for my IUP dash. its gonna look awesome
Old 7/21/05, 08:29 AM
V6 Member

Wow. I was looking at the exact same dash kit as well. Now I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you had to find out that hard way though. Hope you get your money back. Good luck. Let us know how this works out.
Old 7/21/05, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Hmm...I dunno... I'm no lawyer but the consumer's protection rights are pretty strong in the U.S., better than here and ours are good. You should be able to return it no matter their policies, if you didn't break the packaging, but I'm not sure of the details.
Old 7/21/05, 10:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

i tried to return a baseball cup to Sports Authority cause I bought the wrong size for my little cousin, but they wouldn't take it back, and it was still in the package. I had to buy a whole other $14 cup. LOL whats up with that. They said once it leaves the store, it can't be returned, but they didn't tell me that when I first bought it.
Old 7/21/05, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

So who else makes a dash kit for the 05-06's SS inserts is in my town, and was planning to go with them. (may still go out and look at in person.) I would like just the portion that resembles the factory upgrade, not the additional parts. links would be great.
Old 7/21/05, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

So who else makes a dash kit for the 05-06's SS inserts is in my town, and was planning to go with them. (may still go out and look at in person.) I would like just the portion that resembles the factory upgrade, not the additional parts. links would be great.
Old 7/21/05, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Update!

This post originally discussed a negative experience that I had trying to return a dashkit to ssinserts. com.

I'm happy to report that Barry at SSinserts.com contacted me after my post, and he's offered to make things right. Net is that they did not intend to mislead anyone and they are going to change the way they message their refund policy.

I did some additional research today and found that (1) their product is produced by a well known maker of dash kits; and (2) their return policy is consistent with others selling these types of dashkits. They simply need to do a better job of letting customers know up front and they're going to do that.

Thanks to all who provided their feedback/comments.
Old 7/21/05, 06:35 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by Caballo@July 20, 2005, 9:00 PM
Update!

I did some additional research today and found that (1) their product is produced by a well known maker of quality dash kits; and (2) their return policy is consistent with others selling these types of dashkits. They simply need to do a better job of letting customers know up front and they're going to do that.

Thanks to all who provided their feedback/comments. I want to clear the record however and let everyone know that ssinserts did the right thing.
Thats great news because they do have some cool stuff.
Old 7/21/05, 06:46 PM
Cobra Member

i guess the word got to them quick....no company wants bad press.
Old 7/21/05, 07:11 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, the post and everyone's feedback definetely helped.

So far this forum's helped me find an 05 GT at X-plan and to resolve an issue with a vendor in less than a day. Can't say enough about this forum and the fine folks that run/post on it.