Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Bombs in London

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/05, 06:38 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 7, 2005, 6:32 AM
James-
What's the best way to get info over there? They did not rent a car over there, and will be using the public transportation.

I need to make sure Ivy can make it back to London, stay in london for 48 hours safe and get to Gatwick safely Monday.

This whole terror thing makes me sick. My boss nearly died in 9-11(wtc 7 but was in 2 when the plane hit) and its like doing it all over again

April,

I think your daughter will be fine. When they get back to Southampton, there will be loads of info there for them (like there was when we docked there post 9/11). I am sure that will be all they need.

J
Old 7/7/05, 06:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When London goes on high alert are there different travel restrictions?

Shes Flying into Atlanta- which is some 150 miles from me, I just need her safe back here with me.

Not that I didn't miss her nuts before, but now, missing her and worrying on top has me scurrying for the meds.
Old 7/7/05, 06:46 AM

Hi,
thankfully i was'nt working in Central London today but i know that area quite well, i've spoken with friends who do live and work there however and, as of mid-day, things are still very unsettled, the ambulance crews are still attending to trapped casualties in one of the underground stations. Also, from what i've heard, the Police and Rescue service's are getting things slowly under control.
The Underground service will certainly be closed for the rest of the day, the buses in the central part of London are also not running but Heathrow is operating normally, meaning flights are O.K. at the moment, but security there has been increased dramatically!
April, i can totally relate to the way you're feeling at the moment, as a father to 2 girls myself, but, please, try not to worry too much,

Regards,

Angus.
Old 7/7/05, 06:51 AM

April,
Hi, just read your last post, if there's anything i can do to help, just let me know, even if your daughter just needs someone to get the latest news and advice from, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,

Angus.
Old 7/7/05, 06:54 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Glad to hear our UK members are doing good today. Was worried about you guys. Our prayers go out to friends and familys that have loved ones involved with this.

Terrorism is supposed to try and bring us to our knee's in fear, but it only pisses us off and makes determined to get our vengence. When will they learn it doesnt end up in their favor.

April, your daughter will be ok for her trip. Security will be much greater post this tragedy.
Old 7/7/05, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Very sad news, thankfully not more lives were lost. It was exciting to hear of the Olympics being held in London, then disgusting to hear of such evildoing by a bunch of cowards. My prayers go out to London and all those affected by the tragic events.
Old 7/7/05, 07:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am quite close to having a panic attack!

Even though I know they will be vigilant like NY was after, I am in quite a panic about it. I will not be settled until she is home safe with me again.

Not only that but I have my whole family calling me worrying me further.

I am so tired of this terrorist crap, I tell you!
Old 7/7/05, 07:42 AM

April,
Hi,
the best source of up to date news i've got for you is the BBC website at
www.bbc.co.uk
it's got details of what is and is'nt working, at least with the information they give you'll be able to advise your daughter the best plan of action.
also, i've just spoken with my daughter who works at Heathrow and she's telling me that flights are operating normally, although, with delays, the main problem today is getting into and out of Central London. I'd expect there will be all sorts of delays over the next couple of days. I have'nt got any contacts at Gatwick but would expect the situation to be the same there.

Regards,

Angus.
Old 7/7/05, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

What terrible news to awake to this morning. James and Angus, I hope that your family and friends are safe, and stay safe.

April, I'm sure that your daughter will be OK. Now that this has happened, everyone's eyes and ears will be on alert. Try not to panic too much. I'm not going to suggest "not worrying" because as a mother, that is not possible.

Put her into God's hands and pray. I'm certain she will be back at home soon.

<span style='color:blue'>MAY GOD KEEP US SAFE FROM THOSE THAT TRY TO DESTROY THE WORLD
</span>
Old 7/7/05, 07:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Britain has stood with the US shoulder to shoulder. While there is not much an individual can do or say, we, as a country should offer whatever we can. It is not a matter of if but when this will be happening here. Would like to think, as another member stated,that this should be a wake up call -
Old 7/7/05, 07:58 AM
GTR Member

Unfortunately, it seems worse than thought.....45 dead........

ATTACKS KILL 45, REPORTS

At least 45 people are reported to have been killed and 1,000 injured in a series of terror attacks on London.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the figures, which could rise, were from a reliable, but unofficial source.

He also reported that it is understood that seven were killed in the bus blast in Tavistock Square.

A Transport for London spokeswoman said the bus hit by the explosion was a number 30, travelling from Hackney to Marble Arch.

A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

London hospitals have reported a total of 300 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at least two sites.

Old 7/7/05, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Al Queada doesn't have a pattern of doing follow up attacks in the same area. Their MO is to strike multiple targets at once and then go underground (leave).

Your daughter, as well as everyone else in London, IMO, is safe ATM.

My concern would be a similar attack in the States somewhere.
Old 7/7/05, 08:00 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I know she should be okay, But I really feel like crying with worry right now.

I didn't want her to go in the first place....I tried every sneaky trick in the book to get her out of it-but in the end she wanted to go, and I let her.

And my mother whom I have inherited the lovely genetic anxieties from(even though I have magic meds-she doesn't) keeps having panic attacks over this.Calling me crying about everything. That doesn't help.

Its my baby over there. I just hope nothing else happens- they had been riding the tube around the week they spent in London before they left on the cruise.
Old 7/7/05, 08:08 AM
GTR Member

A picture from near where the bomb on the bus detonated. looks like a war zone

Old 7/7/05, 08:11 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX@July 7, 2005, 9:01 AM
Al Queada doesn't have a pattern of doing follow up attacks in the same area. Their MO is to strike multiple targets at once and then go underground (leave).

Your daughter, as well as everyone else in London, IMO, is safe ATM.

My concern would be a similar attack in the States somewhere.
I agree 100%.
Old 7/7/05, 08:22 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Just let everything be cool until Monday evening.

Before I was worried about Travelling in Eleanor during Dennis Monday.
Old 7/7/05, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Dear God, 45 people!?!? This is looking worse and worse now...I can't believe the sickness that plagues the human soul Its a disease that is worse than any the world has encountered before.

April, don't get too worked up. Your daughter needs you to be strong for her right now. The heightened security will keep her safe. The British goverment doesn't mess around. They will protect the civilians with extreme vigilance. Try to take a deep breath and focus. When you do get in touch with her she is going to need your support to get through this.
Old 7/7/05, 08:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Shes only a baby

The only thing I can be happy about is she is NOT in England right now. She is on the Sea Princess enjoying that.

Since there is nothing I can do I am going to Tale Ellie out for a spin!
Old 7/7/05, 09:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 7, 2005, 8:24 AM
I am quite close to having a panic attack!

Even though I know they will be vigilant like NY was after, I am in quite a panic about it. I will not be settled until she is home safe with me again.

Not only that but I have my whole family calling me worrying me further.
I am so tired of this terrorist crap, I tell you!
I know how you feel. My girlfriend's niece is leaving for Europe tomorrow. She won't be going to the UK but just knowing that the terrorists have struck in the EU is making us very nervous.

James - glad to hear that you and your friends and family are OK. Keep us updated.
Old 7/7/05, 09:52 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
man...

my mom woke me up this morning telling me that terrorists hit london. i was like "wtf? holy crap! what about all my british buddies?" and plus, a good friend of mine, the sister of my brothers best friend, is in oxford right now. james, or anyone else, do you guys know how far oxford is from london? she's at the University btw. thanks

April, hope your daughter gets home safely and quickly

hope that no one anyone knew got hurt. but still, its horrible that 45 people are dead and still more may be trapped in the tunnels underground

to whatever terrorists had the idea for this crap

take your dog gone rockets and bombs and all that crap and shove it up your hiney! people like you WILL go to hades. i mean look at ur darn slef. you blow GOOD INNOCENT PEOPLE up for fun! i swear, i hope to heck some allied task force bombs the crap out of you!

i'm fed up with all this al queada and terrorst BS. when will it just freaking END?!?!?! why cant we all just have our lives carryon as normal and be happy.

i know its cliched but why cant we all just F#$%ing get along?

Quick Reply: Bombs in London