Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Big day a comin'

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/07, 10:34 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Big day a comin'

Yup, its that time of year again. This friday, High school will be over. People give high school so much crap nowadays. dissing school is the cool thing to do it seems. but shoot, i'm gonna miss HS a bit. i have friends i wonder if ill ever see again, teachers i wish i could have had for longer. I'll even miss the mediocre campus lol.

I am looking forward to college though. This fall i'll be a freshman at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, ca, starting work on my Mechanical engineer degree. I know its gonna be fun and great, but i really wish just one of my friends had decided to go with me. ahh well, such is life, and with techonology how it is these days, i wont ever be completely cut off. this forum is a perfect example of that

I see good times and rough ahead, but i suppose im kinda used to that. Its gonna be an adventure, just like high school was. As great as the future seems, i just cant help missing the place ive spent four years of my life (no, not TMS this time lol. sides ive been here longer than that havent i?) as hard as it is, everyones gotta let go right? i can hold on to my memories and think about all the bomb *** times i had, all the trouble i got into Im glad i can honestly look back at the last four years and say "****.. that was fun!" not only that but ive learned more about life this past year than ever before. for the first time in a long while i feel pretty good about myself, couldnta been done without my good friends and a select few teachers that have really impacted my life, school of thought and values.

I suppose i can be thankful that almost all my best friends will be in Berkely, either community or the UC. though one very special friend of mine is going to be 7 hours south of here. man that sucks, especially since shes the one that never uses her computer. ahh well, i'll find a way to keep in touch

This past year has been absolutely crazy. im sure you all are tired of hearing my car woes, but apply that (both the ups and downs) to the rest of my life and thats how its been. i dont regret a minute of it

i dont know why im writing this all here, i doubt this really is all that important to most of you. it is just the crazy mustang II boy ranting after all, and who ever pays attention to that it feels good to get it out. free write i guess.

one more thing. A BIG thank you to everyone on this board, members, admin, mods alike. If it werent for the knowledge, good times and lifelong friends ive made on here and because of this forum, life would be alot less fun, and id be alot less me. This forum has been a major part of my life throughout highschool and man, im glad i had this place. some folk dont have an escape like this, and i really do feel for them

like i said, highschool's over now, college is on the horizon. time to get take a step into the next chapter of life. i. cant. wait.
Old 6/4/07, 11:18 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Very nicely said Arin! Nice to hear someone with such a bright outlook! Good luck!
Old 6/5/07, 12:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
future, great writing. I am still pretty close to my high school friends. I graduated in 96 from High School. I may not see my high school friends as much as I would like but when we get together it is like we were never apart. Only now they are all married with kids, I guess the ladies dont like me as much as them!

Anyhoo, Onto college where I garauntee you will have the time of your life. College was the BEST 4 years of my life. I made great friends that I hang out with to this day. I graduated in 2000 from college and have not had as good as times since then. So easy to meet people and so much fun to do it in college, at least you have classes in common.

Best of luck in college, you will love it.
Old 6/5/07, 05:00 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Congratulations and Godspeed to you on your upcoming journey my friend!
Old 6/5/07, 10:57 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats arin. Life is so much better outside high school.
Old 6/5/07, 11:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
i dont know why im writing this all here, i doubt this really is all that important to most of you. it is just the crazy mustang II boy ranting after all, and who ever pays attention to that it feels good to get it out. free write i guess.

Because Yes some of us care man ! Nat & I wish you all the success of an up & coming football star he he. Really
Old 6/5/07, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ConGrats and Best of Luck! We were all in your shoes that very sameday and I agree. I went on the a Ford ASSET program here in MO back in 1993 and 24 guys and 2 girls I graduated with went to the very same program.
Old 6/5/07, 12:22 PM
Post *****

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Its hard to explain the feeling of eagerness, nostaligia and missing all at the same time. I don't mind too much though.

I'm looking forward to the future.
Old 6/5/07, 08:37 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Wow! Congratulations, Arin!

I am really stoked for you!! You are going to have a BLAST in college, and you will tons of friends I'm sure.

Good luck with your chosen path, and stay focused

BTW, you make it seem like you wont be on TMS anymore
Say it ain't so!
If you stay, make sure not to use TMS as a way to procrastinate. I did that the whole way through college. I did everything last minute. I still got really good grades, but it added stress that I didnt need to have, and I felt burnt out by the end.
Just some advice
Old 6/5/07, 09:13 PM
Post *****

Do you honestly think I'm not going to be here on TMs daily anymore??? And they gave you a diploma?

sorry pal, had to do something with that. I do not intend to leave TMS behind. that just doesnt work lol. but i do also intend to stay focused and do well. better than i did in hs at least. and that strategy you mentioned abhout TMS and college that you had? well thats what i have done throughout college.

I think college in some respects will be easier. I dont have to sit through boring crap i dont care about. two reasons: im studying what i want so its already interesting, and ive also expanded my classification of what is interesting lately. hell, like i said, i like writing now. who'da thunkit?

Dont think you can get rid of me so easily. I'll be married with children and still spend hours here lol.
Old 6/5/07, 09:26 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Awesome!
:banana2:
Old 6/5/07, 09:36 PM
Number Cruncher

Hey Arin,

Congrats on the milestone.

You might want to consider a minor in journalism or creative writing.
You don't seem to have trouble expressing yourself with the written word.
Old 6/5/07, 09:56 PM
Post *****

Thanks Lenny!

I'm actually minoring in Latin and the Greek and Roman classics. I've taken Latin for four years, AP latin this year, and i love it. I do plan on taking as many extra creative writing classes as i can. Which reminds me, I should get around to posting my Senior Exhibition Project. It was a 9-10ish page paper (cant recall exactly) on the Ford Mustang.

Journalism sounds interesting too. I kinda regret not being on the school paper, now that ive realized how much I enjoy writing. Well I guess thats what college is for right?
Old 6/8/07, 06:12 PM
Post *****

Might as well lol

http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid...&id=1062510114