Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Besketball is Officially Dead

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/04, 10:00 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

the most horrific scene in American Sports History!
i feel ashamed for myself and any other basketball fan out there.

Basketball is Dead
Old 11/19/04, 10:32 PM
GT Member

Geeze...thats just immature and messed up
Old 11/20/04, 12:12 AM
Cobra Member

I just saw that. Their mothers must be proud.
Old 11/20/04, 06:56 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Stuff like that are regular on soccer games in Europe.

James, remember what happend before Galatasaray-Leeds United game few years ago?
Old 11/20/04, 07:10 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Holy crap! C'mon Piston fans!
Old 11/20/04, 07:17 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
The NBA and Commisioner Stern have created a monster by encouraging, promoting, and tolerating excessive taunting and showoff behavior for the sake of fan interest, sport excitement, and TV ratings. The NFL is not that far behind either.

I changed my channel years ago to college sports. The NCAA and other college organizations realized years ago the dangers of confrontational ghetto ball approach.

The NBA predicament is one of escallation for the worst. They made their wine now they can drink it.
Old 11/20/04, 07:48 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure the lawyers are already circling over this.

I don't attend ANY professional sports games, because of the idiotic drunks that I always get seated next to, and the overpriced tickets. :notnice:
Old 11/20/04, 07:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Horrid, absolutely horrid. I am officially setting my Jermaine O'Neal jersey on fire. But if one thing good came from this, it's Rasheed Wallace trying to stop the fight, not starting one like he did back in Portland. I guess he is the only player who can keep his cool in these type of situations...

And I hate Ron Artest even more now...
Old 11/20/04, 08:54 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Ron Artest was one of those guys that could have just blown up on any day at any minute for any situation.
ben wallace really pizzed me off. although i understand the frustration he might have felt after losing his brother a couple of days before the game, and then getting beat on like that by Artest at the end of the game when the Pacers had surely won the game, wallace should have never shoved him in the face.

the NBA better give out some heavy suspensions. Artest and Jackson should be out for the rest of the season w/ out pay. Wallace should get a couple of weeks.
Old 11/20/04, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

There's no reason for those Pacers to go in the stands like that. Sorry, but leave it to secruity to do their job.

So... a few fans got crazy... what made it worse was them going into the stands.
Old 11/20/04, 09:00 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Amy V6@November 20, 2004, 8:59 AM
There's no reason for those Pacers to go in the stands like that. Sorry, but leave it to secruity to do their job.

So... a few fans got crazy... what made it worse was them going into the stands.
true!

it is not the first time that someone has thrown a drink at a professional sports athlete, but it is the first time that such a horrific brawl ensued. athletes usually let the security handle it, but this moron wanted to set him straight himself.
Old 11/20/04, 09:08 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey the other day i went to a fight and a basket ball game broke out
Old 11/20/04, 09:18 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by burningman@November 20, 2004, 9:11 AM
Old 11/20/04, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by burningman@November 20, 2004, 9:11 AM
LOL, usually that's reserved for hockey games.
Old 11/20/04, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

See... this is what happens when us Detroit fans don't have our Hockey We gotta fight somewhere.

I just feel bad for the families that were at the game and all the kids that look up to these morons as heros.

Both a few fans and a few players are to blame.
Old 11/20/04, 09:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Unless this stuff ends, they will be playing basketball, baseball and football in cages like wrestling. ......and people ask me why I like NASCAR (Which, unfortunately is heading in the same direction)
Old 11/20/04, 10:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by burningman@November 20, 2004, 11:11 AM
Old 11/20/04, 11:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by burningman@November 20, 2004, 10:11 AM
I miss Mr. Dangerfield!
Old 11/21/04, 09:06 PM
I'm people, and I like.

so ron artest got the season suspension. stephen jackson got a 30 game suspension. jermaine o'neal got 25. ben wallace got 6. and four other players got 1 game suspensions
Old 11/22/04, 01:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 668 Likes on 542 Posts
This is REALLY buggin' me. So you all get to "hear."

/Rant City ensues in 5..4..3..2...

The fan(atic)s are at fault. Yes. Stop, and think. Yes. YES THEY ARE. YES!!!!!

Now, how it would normally go is this: Wallace pushes Artest in the THROAT (think about that for a second.) for a foul that in reality wasn't that big of a foul, but hey, there it is. Some players on both teams jump off the bench. Technical fouls might be produced, free throws ensue, everyone gets calmed, game continues for the next less than a minute of game time, party's over, Pacers win, and 3 players each side get their suspensions, except for Artest and/or Wallace, who would get 6 games instead of just 1. Anywhoo, to the next game!

But instead SOME IDIOTIC PISTONS FANATIC decides it's a GREAT idea to toss a beer at the opposing player, Artest, who is simply lyin' on the tables at courtside. Nice. Artest, already unstable due to the small scuffle (and alledgedly other reasons,) now goes after someone. The rest ensues, including fans on the court getting pummelled, chairs flying through the air (thrown by, you guessed it, a fan!) and not only that, but fans throwing things at exiting people, whether they're a Pacer or security or whatever. Class act that World Champion city of Detroit! Nice.

I say it again, with fervor: THE FANS ARE AT FAULT FOR WHAT HAPPENED, AND CONTINUED TO HAPPEN, at the game. Or, to be specific, ONE fan. THAT fan needs to be banned from going to NBA games. And maybe any other sporting events. The player's suspensions need to stand as they are, to (hopefully) prevent any other player from going after fans, but seriously, they're supposed to just let fans toss beer and crap at them?

That's just not going to happen, is it? What Artest did was wrong, but understandable, given the situation. He should not have done it, but his brain wasn't working right just then. It's called snapping, and every one of us has had it happen, I'd bet.

Since the suspensions have been doled out, now the question should be what to do about the fan side of the issue? I say the Detroit Pistons organization should immediately suspend all liquor sales at the games for the rest of the year. Not that that will happen, I bet it makes too much money. But I believe it is very likely that the person who threw the beer might have had a few too many. Guess he didn't want that one anyway. In any case, were I involved with owning the team, the ban would have come down already, that night, and I wouldn't care who complained. No exceptions, beer/etc would never get served during a Pistons home game again.

True this: The scuffle between Wallace and Artest should NEVER have escalated, and in fact the whole situation was almost DONE with and over. But due to the ONE assinine act of ONE very stupid fan, the Pacers are now officially done for the year, pending a miracle. The NBA has a black eye that will not go away for a long time, and Detroit now looks like they have some really dumb fans.

Listen up! Fans of EVERY sport in EVERY city! Quit rioting, burning, pillaging, and throwing beers in the name of your team! No matter where you are! Did your MOMMA teach you that??!??! Good Lord!

Players of the NBA and any sport in any city! Quit acting like thugs! Play nice! Quit fighting and spitting at the fans and each other! No matter where you are! Did your MOMMA teach you that??!??! Good Lord!

Hm... :scratch: I seem to have repeated myself... Oh well.

/rant
//can't we all just get along?
///Houston didn't riot for the Rockets Championships. Just sayin'.
////Prolly will for a Texans Super Bowl win...

Quick Reply: Besketball is Officially Dead