Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Bad Experience Blue Oval Industries - Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/08, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Experience Blue Oval Industries - Buyer Beware

I initially ordered a set of Billet Engine Caps from a different vendor and after a week or so cancelled because one of the caps were on backorder and may be and may be for some time. I was surfing Ebay and came across an auction for the identical caps and the seller was Blue Oval Industries. I decided to call BOI before I used the “Buy It Now” option and was told that they had everything in stock and ready to ship. I then bought the caps and paid promptly.

Now mind you if someone is selling on Ebay and they do not state in the auction anywhere that they do not have the parts in stock, one would assume they have it in stock. I took the extra step to not assume and actually call to check.

Anyway, the caps come a week or so later minus one cap. The very same cap the first vendor had as backordered and was honest about with me. So basically I was misled (Lied To??) by BOI so they could get a sale. If I wanted to wait for a backorder, I would have stuck with the first vendor. Live and learn.

So I check all the caps and everything looks good so I decide to call BOI to ask about the backorder wait time. I can wait IF I know about it ahead of time. I get a lady on the phone who immediately raised her voice and said it stated clearly on my invoice that the cap was backordered. I said I did see that but wondered why I was told the entire set was in stock and ready to ship when I called a week ago. She got even more upset and told me she cannot help if people buy her parts and she may have something go backorder. She then just hangs up on me.

I actually thought we were disconnected so I call back and this time the owner answers. I tell him we were cut off and he screams ‘WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO YOU WERE JUST TOLD THE PART IS BACKORDERED”. I was taken aback to say the least so I say to him I just wanted to ask about a time frame when the part would be in. He again yelled, “JUST SEND THEM BACK IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY”. I said why would I send them back and pay a restocking fee when I made no mistake. I said I was just asking for some basic information regarding the backorder. He again started screaming at me, “JUST SEND THEM BACK OR SHUT UP ABOUT IT”. “THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN LIFE THAN A PART ON BACKORDER”. He also starting going on a rant about someone’s mother having problems with their legs or something like that. He then just hung up on me for the second time.

I had read on a Google search many other threads like this only AFTER I had my bad experience. I wish I had read them before my fun time. This company has no clue what customer service is and I can say with 100% certainty, I will never use them again. I don’t care if they are giving parts away, that is no way to treat customers.

I just today received my final cap so now I am done forever with them.

BUYER BEWARE.

Last edited by BeBeep; 5/1/08 at 05:37 PM.
Old 5/1/08, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
thanks for the heads up...... and how about a link to the add. Or one of their adds
Old 5/1/08, 05:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've used Blue Oval Industries several times in the past and they've always shipped promptly. That being said it sounds like you did not have a good customer service experience given that phone call.
Old 5/1/08, 05:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Martimus
I've used Blue Oval Industries several times in the past and they've always shipped promptly. That being said it sounds like you did not have a good customer service experience given that phone call.
+1, I ordered my FRPP Stingers from them for $349.00 when everyone else was charge $400+ and I recieved them immediately.
Old 5/1/08, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Martimus
Originally Posted by officespace56
+1, I ordered my FRPP Stingers from them for $349.00 when everyone else was charge $400+ and I recieved them immediately.
Oh I used them to buy a hat last year and I got it with no problem also. It seems like the only people who have problems are those who call and ask questions. I posted this so others are informed of my experience and judge for themself if they want to order from them or not.

Last edited by BeBeep; 5/1/08 at 06:33 PM.
Old 5/1/08, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Oh I used them to buy a hat last year and I got it with no problem also. It seems like the only people who have problems are those who call and ask questions. I posted this so others are informed of my experience and judge for themself if they want to order from them or not.
Thanks for the heads up on their customer service. I will find other sources for my mods!
Old 5/1/08, 06:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep. They're another RPM Outlet. Some have had good experiences, but there are too many bad ones out there. I bought my grill from them because they were the cheapest and I didn't know this. It clearly stated no modifications required. It required major modification of the radiator support to get it to fit. Then I started reading these type of threads. They will not get my business again.
Old 5/1/08, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Down with BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5/1/08, 07:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BeBeep
You hit the nail on the head. Buying something and getting it quickly is not only how you judge a vendor...it's when something is delayed or goes wrong that TRULY shows the extent of customer service. You can probably solicit five pages of "I ordered from them and it was great" for any vendor...

I've heard much of the same about BOI. I've ordered from them in the past, and my inquiries were met with stoney silence. Guess I got off lucky lol.

Last edited by BlueSkyVert; 5/1/08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 5/1/08, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

I almost bought somthing from them on ebay today, and ended up getting it from another auction. Sounds like I dodged a bullet!
Old 5/1/08, 09:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

thanks for the heads up
Old 5/2/08, 06:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I am going to call and hassel them untill they yell at me... then I am going to laugh at them.
Old 5/2/08, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like the way you think
Old 5/2/08, 08:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well based on your experience, i wont buy from them....

bad customer service means no customers!!!

i would rather pay a little more and then be happy with the transaction...

people will remember the great quality service way longer than they will remember the price of the product!!!
Old 5/2/08, 08:53 PM
GTR Member

where are they located? I would love to show up in person
Old 5/3/08, 04:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
where are they located? I would love to show up in person
Elkton, VA
Old 5/3/08, 02:14 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the mistake of making a purchase from Blue Oval Industries..the price was good and so was the item. After making the purchase I inquired on a return. I made several phone calls and recieved busy signals. I later emailed the company after hours and was met with serious resistance from john@blueovalindustries.com He did not answer my questions and basically told me to pound sand in so many words. After I sent the 3rd email he called me on the phone and became very irate. He stated that I was interupting his dinner with his family..hmmm how can you be at dinner with your family and be on the computer at the same time??? He was very improfessional to say the least!! He then told me that since I was unhappy with the purchase that he was going to retrieve the item from the mail, keep it along with my money and then send me an empty box...his plan did not work because I got the item the next day. DHL attempted to get the item back,,showing me that this guy was trying to RIP me off!!!.. Be carefull!! He sells on EBAY and does have good prices, however if there is a problem STAND BY!! He will not be of any service...check his feedback where someone tried to make a return... BE CAREFULL OF BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES!! OUT OF VIRGINIA!
Old 5/3/08, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to order a Shaker from them, but now I won't.
Old 5/7/08, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GTMark052
I like the way you think
don't forget to ask about the lady with the bad legs trying to get around
Maybe you just said something the wrong way ?
http://www.blueovalindustries.com/contact.php

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 5/7/08 at 05:19 PM.