Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Amusing Stories from the road

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/05, 01:18 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am headed out to stock up and enjoy the weather....

BUT a couple funny road stories:

When I drove into CT on 84, a blue mustang(099-04) pulled up beside me, leaned out and gave me a huge thumbs up.

Wednesday it snowed like crap. Thursday it was time to drag the horse out of the garage my mother in law generously allowed me to use. We are going to see my nephew do karate. So my sis in law has a cherokee, and I play like wanna race. She takes off. Eleanor catches the snow puddle and STAYED there. SPINNING. Guess who didn't win the race?
Old 3/26/05, 01:28 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Old 3/26/05, 01:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 3/26/05, 04:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

And Eddie Doesn't love me anymore. My friend kept him and spoiled him rotten.

OH Drive from hades:

Wednesday around 4 it started snowing. We are going to Sis in laws house for dinner. At the last second I decide to ride with Mom in law. She gets half way up this mountain SIL lives on, and we start sliding! Rubber burning, digging into the massive snow and sliding and not catching.
Me in backseat begging LET ME OUT LET ME OUT I will just walk.
Takes us about 30 minutes to get up this frigging hill.
Going home the other way, before the plows.......She goes to stop, and DOESNT!

Sis in law goes in a ditch in her car.......

Moral of the story?
Thank the lord for the south- with cold ice tea in my hand and cornbread for my mouth. (oh and the hot weather too)
Old 3/26/05, 04:03 PM
I'm people, and I like.

oh April, keep these stories coming
Old 3/26/05, 04:21 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Up north tea is from Concentrate not brewed. It tastes like berries. Too gross. Also- all places to eat have gross pepsi and no coke. I drank a lot of water.

Ok here is one:

Thursday after going to the mall to get my supercool skull sandals(to wear down here in I will never bad mouth again bammy)....I decide to build a snowman. I get the bottom rolled, the middle rolled. Both shaped....I am doing good!
Go to put on the head..AND THE WHOLE FRIGGER COLLAPSES. I learned a new curse word or two...And moved on.

Up there they do not believe in heat. Its all oil and cold as a well diggers ***** inside the houses.
I froze to death. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing everyone......But Frigg its cold up there.

Good thing: Dunkin Donuts Coffee.
Old 3/26/05, 04:27 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ok, when it first started snowing....I am thinking COOL! We were at an arcade where the kids could play.

I am outside enjoying a nice cigarette, and Catching flakes on my tongue. Full on winter wear- hooded sweater, knee boots, coat, scarf......

Some guy comes out- you must really love this march snow. Apparently I was enjoying it a little much.

Little did I know the snow would turn out to be a freaking nightmare.

Ok going up, I drove to Roanoake Va, and pulled over and put the man in charge. Just before I take my long winters are we in PA yet nap.....There is a dump truck SPEWING rocks all over. I tuck behind a minivan so it can take the brunt(nowhere to pass) Frigging rocks everywhere. After all that, I managed to get one rock chip on the hood. I was ticked. Its teeny though.

Bottom Line, Eleanor is home safe, and except for a little sand and snow sludge, shes in perfect condition.
Old 3/26/05, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
and a little chip ! If'n its as cold as you say you need to have these hand warmers you light a little fuel stick put it in a small case and stick it in a mitten or boot and it helps a lot. I used to use them way back when they first started testing the cruise missles out and I was way North Saskatchewan /Cold Lake Alberta . NOW THAT IS COLD that the Ice roads were 8-12 thick unless they broke while you were driving on them and you here it and look out the windshield and see it winning the race. Thats really cool hereing about your Road Trip and the way you put it
Old 3/26/05, 08:29 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Oh-
I fell asleep in Virginia too....While Driving-just for a second. Thank God for Rumble Strips. Thats when Brian hopped behind the wheel for the first time. He hates Eleanor. Says he will never take a road trip in her again. She now needs an oil change. #2

Today-----Drive from Tn, Get home at noon, open garage door, hop out of car, retreive mail, immediately run upstairs for a baby t and shorts, unload car, throw in wash and throw on flip flops. Off to shop.

Oh and the most fun? Its EASTER and my frigging AC broke when I turned it on. Freon not charging. Hope its not hot tomorrow. I am going to live in the fridge.
Old 3/26/05, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

" Hoppy Easter " To Everyone and anyone !
Old 3/26/05, 10:12 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

All the stations up here don't sign off with Dixie,
The way they did in sweet home Alabama,
The people here don't sip Jack Daniels whiskey,
The way they do in that Tennessee mountain land.

Sweet home alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home alabama
Lord, I’m coming home to you
Here I come alabama

I gotta say, You don't appreciate what you got till you are out of it for a while.

Glad to have my pup back home, And my own computer, and DSL, and sweet tea, and cocacola..........And thunderstorms, and TiVo... and Green Grass, and springtime and my superfun old navy spree.
Old 3/26/05, 10:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Lucky you get Thunderstorms gawd I miss them never get any out here and cocacola I have a where house full and a van it my driveway also full and I don't drink it Grade one we put a nail in and watched it disappear over time.. are not holidays great they sure do like you stated and wow we are indeed lucky to be free.
Old 3/27/05, 09:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I adore a good Tstorm! Still going strong this morning!

Here is my oddity.

I got Eddie when he was six weeks old. He has been pretty good on the house but peed on occasion. I adore my puppy- best dog I ever owned. I want his sister that was just born but got vetoed.

I left him with my friend Laura and her Fiancee Bart. AKA our couple friends. I brought his hambone, a bag of food and his toys with him.

Yesterday Brian goes to get him. Eddie comes home trained off his crate, With a new treat jar, new food bowls, about 20 toys, A peanut Butter kong toy, new food and bunches of treats= COMPLETELY house trained. He got spoiled rotten. Plus the frigging crate is no longer needed thank the lord. It took me half the day to get him to love me again.
Isn't he adorable?

Eleanor of course got covered in Sand and Dirty snow and slime. Last night I took her out in the Tstorm just to rinse it off her. Sooo gross. This is gonna be an all day wash job.
Old 3/27/05, 11:15 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nice dog
Old 3/27/05, 05:25 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My husband got an easter egg to the head today. So did my boy for being an accomplice.

To encourage my washing of Eleanor......Which due to this GREAT rain I haven't done yet....... On the back around the pony he writes in the slime:
CHEVY RULES
and then he drew a bowtie on her.
Old 3/27/05, 06:05 PM
Queen Of Nascar

OMG.......I would be whooping some butts for sure!
Old 3/27/05, 08:05 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Donna@March 27, 2005, 7:08 PM
OMG.......I would be whooping some butts for sure!
I lobbed a nasty pink hard boiled one at him. And the boy got an orange one down his shirt where I mashed it.
Old 3/27/05, 11:06 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My husband got an easter egg to the head today. So did my boy for being an accomplice.

i had to wait for the tears in my eyes to dry up before i could read the rest.
Old 3/28/05, 08:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by future9er24@March 28, 2005, 12:09 AM

i had to wait for the tears in my eyes to dry up before i could read the rest.
I aim to please
:bowdown:
Old 3/28/05, 08:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Dateline: Lebanon Pa......
Days Inn for the night...... 3/18

This man and his dog come up to admire Eleanor. Being a dog lover, I admire his dog. He asks do you know what this dog is? I say its gotta be a husky or malamute.. It was a freaking Alaskan Timberwolf. OH MY LORD that Dog was spectacular. Never seen one, must have one.

Next morning Hess station, I go in for my water and coke and last chance for cheap smokes, There is a crowd of admirers. B. Got to take all that cause I was inside.
I didn't get to drive her much in Ct. I didn't wanna mess her up.

Saturday I had to get groceries. This little boy comes up to me... How fast have you gotten your car to? I told him over 100(ashamedly) he thought it was the coolest car ever.

Yesterday my mama went for a ride with me-- I am driving her well, my mama says to me no wonder you can't keep gas in this thing- Do you always take off like that? Yea mama, its a mustang, and needs to be driven like one. I think she likes it. I won an off the line contest with my Dad too in his brand new f-150. He said he let me win because if he woulda tried to win I would have driven like a fool. Right.......

I love my mustang!

Quick Reply: Amusing Stories from the road