Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

American Muscle Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/08, 05:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear your problems, but you could have checked the box before taking your old hood off too. there are other ways to fix things than getting ****ed and bashing a company. american muscle should make it right, but at the same time it has only been a week to get a hold of a part that isn't a retail part from cervinis anyway. GL getting the part, i am sure you'll have it soon.
Old 2/14/08, 05:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Usually when mistakes happen, that is the time you can judge if you want to do business again with a company. Taking what was posted at face value, you don't tell a customer that infamous BS line - it will be shipped tomorrow or its in the mail etc unless its true.
Old 2/14/08, 06:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Chris , who ever is at fault , you should have gotten it by now. If cervini's is saying they haven't heard about this and AM really did notify then , then AM should find out why and make it right. Just my opinion ...
Old 2/14/08, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
I never said they did not owe him what was suppose to be in then box with the hood. Not sure where you pulled that from. Maybe you should have applied part of your signature with all due respect.

Based on what he said he really has not giving them a chance to make it right by demanding they ship him the product by the next day I mean come on now that is a bit unreasonable.

Originally Posted by JonW
If that was my business, given the circumstances, I would have overnighted him the part. I would have robbed another box if I had to. That's called customer service, which is sorely lacking these days. And yes, I do own a business, so I'm not talking out of school here.
+1 This would have been the right way to correct the situation!
Old 2/14/08, 08:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with most of you, customer service is very important to me and any negative feedback would be a concern!!! Your only as good as your last customer, I have have ordered form them and have no complaints...
Old 2/14/08, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the problem with robbing peter to pay paul which is what taking the part out of a hood they have in stock would do. Paul will also end up getting screwed then you get two unhappy customers. Because someone will forget to get the part replaced. I would suggest calling AM and asking for a supervisor and I would be willing to bet it get taken care of that day.
Old 2/14/08, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think the OP is being too unrealistic. I would have paid the $9 to avoid the hassle. Also you might think a week is a long time to not get your parts, I think the vendor has 60 days to remedy this, not two weeks. I bought a hood from American Muscle, I don't expect them to open another box to send the screen to you that is bad business practice. Cervini should remedy it. I recommend you take the car home and insert the screen when you get it.
Old 2/14/08, 11:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
I think the OP is being too unrealistic. I would have paid the $9 to avoid the hassle. Also you might think a week is a long time to not get your parts, I think the vendor has 60 days to remedy this, not two weeks. I bought a hood from American Muscle, I don't expect them to open another box to send the screen to you that is bad business practice. Cervini should remedy it. I recommend you take the car home and insert the screen when you get it.
I worked a lot of my life in retail sales. Here is the proper way to handle this situation.

AM sould have pulled a set from an existing hood in stock. Then shipped the parts overnight or 2-Day to the customer at no cost. AM would then return the hood they opened to Cervinis, since Cervinis forgot to include the parts, for a credit or replacement. Problem solved, everyone is happy.

No customer, no matter what they paid, should ever have to place more than one phone call to solve a simple issue like this. This is the way you create customer loyalty and build your business. The time and money spent to properly solve this issue will be made up in good "word of mouth" advertising.
Old 2/14/08, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
Here is the problem with robbing peter to pay paul which is what taking the part out of a hood they have in stock would do. Paul will also end up getting screwed then you get two unhappy customers. Because someone will forget to get the part replaced. I would suggest calling AM and asking for a supervisor and I would be willing to bet it get taken care of that day.
Well you should watch what you bet on...did that already...wouldnt do sh#t for me either...just keep telling the same lie... it will be there tomorrow. Well now 10 days have passed and still nothing...
Old 2/14/08, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
You are right, thats why i paid the $9 for the screen from Cervinis. I dont know what the hell i was thinking that somebody would actually stand behind the product the sell and profit off of. That inspires me not to bother Ford with the $2 oil pan plug they forgot to put in my engine as well
Old 2/15/08, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Another reason AM probably could not open another box is because maybe the part shipped out originally from Cervinis. That's pretty common practice for these internet vendors. If you order a Ford Racing exhaust from Ninosport, it ships from Ford Racing and not Ninosport. So if you order from AM the part may ship from somewhere else. Just a theory. For the record I have never had a problem with AM...or Ninosport.