Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

American Muscle Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/08, 06:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Muscle Sucks!!!

I hate to bash a site sponsor but please follow my experience. I bought a cervinis hood from American Muscle. It came pretty quickly..no problem. Took car and the hood to the paint shop. The shop opens the box and one of the 2 screens that is supposed to come with the car is missing. No prob...honest mistake. I call AM and tell them about this last monday. They say we will have one shipped out today from cevinis. OK, cervinis is in NJ and im in Maryland. 2 days shipping max. I wait until Thursday...still nothing. I call AM. They say it should be there by tomorrow. Friday...nothing...call AM...we will make sure that it is sent out today and i will email you a tracking number for it today....i call AM 15 minutes before they close and tell them i still havent received my tracking number.AM says...im sorry, the guy who handles these things for us just left but it will definately be there Monday. Monday...nothing...I call AM...it will be there tomorrow. I threaten to call the BBB, post on here about my experience and call my credit card company. Theres nothing we can do, it will be there tomorrow. Tuesday, nothing...call AM...same song and dance. I tell them that this is terrible and if they really wanted to make it right that all they had to do was open one of the other 9 of the same hood that they had in stock and send me the piece. AM says..sorry we dont do that (read between the lines..we dont give a sh#t). I finally get sick of dealing with AM. Theyre customer service is a joke and call Cervinis. They told me it was going to cost me 9 bucks to get the piece because they had no record of me buying the piece from AM and they have never gotten a call from them on this matter. Are you kidding me? In the meantime...I paid the shop to keep it in the shop (i dont have a garage)so that i wouldnt get rain under my hood on my $30,000 car. Now i had to get it out because the guy had to do his work and my car is outside in a mess of rain and snow. Thanks American Muscle!!!
Old 2/13/08, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats odd.
Old 2/13/08, 06:46 PM
GT Member

Old 2/13/08, 06:48 PM
Cobra Member

In all fairness to AM and I know you expect you part to get to you now and that they have no other business or they can control what Cervinis does. Give them a chance. This is one company that has always gone that extra mile to help me with any issues I have ever had unlike most companies. Sure you upset and understandably so but you cannot expect a company to next day air you a 9.00 part. Also just because the person you spoke to at Cevini said AM had not contacted them does not make it so.

This is the first complaint I have ever heard of about them and I think you are an exception to the rule unlike many other companies. One company caanot control or be expected to control another. I am certain if you call AM and be nice about it they will take care of you. Threating them is a good way to get no where fast
Old 2/13/08, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know you're angry, and rightfully so, but have you considered the possibility that cervinis is jacking you BOTH around?
Old 2/13/08, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD
In all fairness to AM and I know you expect you part to get to you now and that they have no other business or they can control what Cervinis does. Give them a chance. This is one company that has always gone that extra mile to help me with any issues I have ever had unlike most companies. Sure you upset and understandably so but you cannot expect a company to next day air you a 9.00 part.

With all due respect, you are absolutely wrong about that. He purchased a $600+ hood from AM, it shipped from AM, they owe him ALL THAT HE PAID FOR. Maybe not sending it overnight is understandable, but it's been a week now, that's not right.

MUSTANGLOVER73, I've had good experiences with them but if you search around, you'll find plenty of people that have not. Kinda like RPMoutlet..... you're rolling the dice on each order. Good luck.
Old 2/13/08, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I brought products from them under their old name... had issues and they were corrected right away
Old 2/13/08, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
With all due respect, you are absolutely wrong about that. He purchased a $600+ hood from AM, it shipped from AM, they owe him ALL THAT HE PAID FOR. Maybe not sending it overnight is understandable, but it's been a week now, that's not right.

MUSTANGLOVER73, I've had good experiences with them but if you search around, you'll find plenty of people that have not. Kinda like RPMoutlet..... you're rolling the dice on each order. Good luck.
I never said they did not owe him what was suppose to be in then box with the hood. Not sure where you pulled that from. Maybe you should have applied part of your signature with all due respect.

Based on what he said he really has not giving them a chance to make it right by demanding they ship him the product by the next day I mean come on now that is a bit unreasonable.
Old 2/13/08, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

If that was my business, given the circumstances, I would have overnighted him the part. I would have robbed another box if I had to. That's called customer service, which is sorely lacking these days. And yes, I do own a business, so I'm not talking out of school here.
Old 2/13/08, 07:31 PM
GT Member

I never said they did not owe him what was suppose to be in then box with the hood. Not sure where you pulled that from. Maybe you should have applied part of your signature with all due respect.

Based on what he said he really has not giving them a chance to make it right by demanding they ship him the product by the next day I mean come on now that is a bit unreasonable.
I never asked them to next day air it. I onlsked that they send me the part. I keep getting told that it will be there the next day. I have NEVER asked for it to be shipped the next day. I only asked them to send it to me. They simply keep saying tomorrow because they are claiming that it has been mailed already and should be here any day now. They are in Pennsylvannia and im in Maryland (neighboring states). I called initially Feb 4th..today is the 13th. I dont think that it is unreasonable to think it would be here by now.
Old 2/13/08, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JonW
If that was my business, given the circumstances, I would have overnighted him the part. I would have robbed another box if I had to. That's called customer service, which is sorely lacking these days. And yes, I do own a business, so I'm not talking out of school here.

+1 This should have been resolved in 15mins. and two day shipping!
Old 2/13/08, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ive met the owner of American Muscle in person, and hes a class act guy. Very nice and will help you with whatever you need. With that being said, his choice of tech help isnt exactly the greatest. When you call them, it is the techs who answer the phone and dont always seem to know what they are talking about. A while back I had a problem with one of my rims, i called and spoke to a tech and he told me to take pics and send them to him. I did so and never heard anything back, so I called him and he said he couldnt see any damage from the pics...which was BS. I hung up and was very angry so I called back the next day and immediatly asked to speak to the owner who was in a meeting so I left a voice message for him. He called me back about 20 mins later, I told him what was going on and offered to send him the pics I sent the tech, he said dont worry about it, apologized for the way the tech acted and sent me a new rim. They are a good company, but just make sure you talk to the owner, or the manager, both of whom are great guys and will help you however they can. I have the owners direct email and phone number, and if you want I can dig it up and give it to. Overall Id say they are a good company, but if you have problems just make sure you call and ask to speak to the manager or owner right away, dont bother with the techs.
Old 2/13/08, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey man no need for sarcasm..... if you want to be a jerk, go ahead. You were implying that he was not giving them a chance and that he wanted the part overnighted, neither of which is true. Your statements imply that he should just sit back and settle for getting it when THEY want him to get it, that was the point that I took from your post. I stated "with all due respect" and I meant it..... if you can't understand the point that he's getting screwed around by evidentally one of your favorite vendors, then that's your problem. Facts are 1) he paid for the entire deal 2) he didn't get what he paid for 3) they've made promises that have gone unkept and 4) he has given them time to rectify the situation but to no avail.
Old 2/13/08, 07:54 PM
V6 Member

his choice of tech help isnt exactly the greatest. When you call them, it is the techs who answer the phone and dont always seem to know what they are talking about.
"The cost of low price". We all want the best price, the business to make squat and then expect them to be able to employ multiple, highly experienced "techs' to answer the phone on the first ring and carry every imaginable part in inventory.... can't always have it all. Hopefully, they make it right in the end.

Last edited by Okiewan; 12/12/14 at 09:48 AM.
Old 2/13/08, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

My employees are instructed (and empowered) to make the customer happy, within certain guidelines. They are also instructed that if they can't do so, they are to contact a manager immediately. Yes, we make mistakes, all businesses do. But the measure of a good business is how well it takes care of that mistake. In this case, it sounds like the tech should have gotten a manager involved much earlier in the game.
Old 2/13/08, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I believe the problem is more of Cervinis fault. They're the ones that shipped the hood in the box to AM. They're the ones who forgot to put the piece in the box. AM can't just go and open another hood box, because whoever gets that hood in the future is going to wonder why the box was previously opened. I've dealt with Cervinis several times in the past. I'm surprised Cervinis would even allow you to get that piece separately. They refused to sell me the two metal screens for my front bumper without me buying the whole bumper, even though I was going to pay for the pieces. They told me that they couldn't sell them separately. I'd be willing to bet that AM contacted Cervinis, but never got a response back. When I bought the chassis braces for my side exhaust, I had to talk to three people before they knew what I was talking about. AM has always been great when I've dealt with them.
Old 2/13/08, 08:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by newbreedgt05
I believe the problem is more of Cervinis fault. They're the ones that shipped the hood in the box to AM. They're the ones who forgot to put the piece in the box. AM can't just go and open another hood box, because whoever gets that hood in the future is going to wonder why the box was previously opened. I've dealt with Cervinis several times in the past. I'm surprised Cervinis would even allow you to get that piece separately. They refused to sell me the two metal screens for my front bumper without me buying the whole bumper, even though I was going to pay for the pieces. They told me that they couldn't sell them separately. I'd be willing to bet that AM contacted Cervinis, but never got a response back. When I bought the chassis braces for my side exhaust, I had to talk to three people before they knew what I was talking about. AM has always been great when I've dealt with them.

Even if that is true the thing is he gave his money to AM and not Cervinis. So, it is AM's responcibility to satisfy their customers.
Old 2/13/08, 09:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Even if that is true the thing is he gave his money to AM and not Cervinis. So, it is AM's responcibility to satisfy their customers.
+1 Exactly. AM recieved payment. They have his money, Cervini's has nothing to do with the customer directly.

The retailer should work with the customer personally and later deal with Cervini. Not too difficult to udnerstand. Part missing, get it to him ASAP. Eat the cost and deal with it. I'm a manager at Sears. Ragardless of it being the manufactures fualt or an installer we contract. If somethings missing or its broken its up to us to make it right take the initial loss and then work out the rest once the customers' taken care of.
Old 2/14/08, 01:29 AM

+2..am should not be a middle man for parts it does not inspect prior to shipping. if they are going to accept a part from cervini's they should inspect to make sure they got what is supposed to be in the box prior to reshipping it...in order to remedy the situation and to preserve their rep, am should have sent the part out a.s.a.p!.. once they accept the box from cervini's, they accept any human error cervinis may have experienced.
Old 2/14/08, 03:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonW

Quick Reply: American Muscle Sucks!!!