Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

American Idol..Anyone watch it?

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/05 | 07:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

As soon as my wife saw the commercial she said "okay, when we move down south, we're getting a new GT."

I said "What about the 99?"

She then replied "Oh, we're definetly keeping it, thats my all time fave Mustang and its a collectible, we just need a cool daily driver!"

So there will ultimatley be two ponys in our garage in the near future. One with a supercharger (the 99) and babied and one for a daily driver. What else could you want?
Old 5/26/05 | 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I need to get your wife to talk some sense into my wife. She just will not listen. LOL
Old 5/26/05 | 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

The mustang ad during the show was awesome, so were the giveaway cars.
Old 5/26/05 | 08:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 26, 2005, 10:04 AM
I need to get your wife to talk some sense into my wife. She just will not listen. LOL
I got mine hooked on them with the 99. She loves the 99-04's the best and the 05+ second. (This isn't including classics). When she saw my black 99 on the lot she said "Honey you have to get that. It just looks so mean!" So I ended up buying it. She just loves the power and always wants to drive the Stang more than her Element We may even just lease a V6 if we don't have the money for a new GT (due to me wanting a S/C ).
Old 5/26/05 | 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

If it was like last season the west coast people got a pre-recorded version. I don't watch American Idol so I'm not sure what time slot it was. If it was on at 9pm on the east coast it is still on at 9pm on the west coast so we get the pre-recorded verison. It makes no sense to air it live at 6pm PST because only about 1/2 of the west coast has made it home from work.

Just like most "live" TV is pre-recorded and replayed on the west coast. Because that 9 o'clock time slot on the east cost is too early to get any ratings on the west coast. This is also why you see most playoff games start closer to 10 on the east coast.
Old 5/26/05 | 08:15 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 25, 2005, 9:44 PM
That was the highlight.........
Everything else was horrid. I still can't stand Mikayla.

OMG I so agree that girl is HORRIBLE!!! Lindsay is not very good either. The show overall was very boring! Needed more face time with Bo and Carrie. Am totally bummed Bo didn't win but I hope it turns out to be a good thing cause if he gets signed now he go his own way and not be under the thumb of A.I. The look on his face while singing with Skynard was PRICELESS! I think that meant as much to him as anything. Carrie did a great job with Rascal Flatts too!

Hey EleanorsMine... did you go see him when he was home? Man I'd love to have been there!

On another note, the Mustang commercial was f'in SWEET!!!!! OMG makes me even more proud to own one!!!!! :worship: And them both getting the 6 Verts was cool!

OH and as far as LIVE and the West Coast... Eastern and Central actually got it live... Mountain and West Coast got it tape delayed. Edited to add I see someone pretty much explained why just above me.
Old 5/26/05 | 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

The WORST show on television. I can't believe so many people get wrapped up in this nonsense, and that there is a topic about it on a mustang forum. Big deal if they got free vert 6's. They will get plenty of free crap for a few months until we all forget about them, which i'm sure will happen. Complete GARBAGE
Old 5/26/05 | 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KungFuDan@May 26, 2005, 10:49 AM
The WORST show on television. I can't believe so many people get wrapped up in this nonsense, and that there is a topic about it on a mustang forum. Big deal if they got free vert 6's. They will get plenty of free crap for a few months until we all forget about them, which i'm sure will happen. Complete GARBAGE
Hmmmm....well obviously your opinion is not strong enough as the majority of the of the US citizens believe that it is the #1 show. :scratch:

I also recommend you read the topic again. This is not about American idol. Its about 2 Mustang vert giveaways and a Mustang commercial. I think you are a little off topic here.

But hey, life is good no need have a negative attitude. Just
Old 5/26/05 | 09:35 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by KungFuDan@May 26, 2005, 8:49 AM
You have a right to think that, but why bother reading a post about the show, mush less replying to it, if you feel that way? It's like some of the V8 only guys going into the V6 forums just to put down the V6. If you don't like it, ignore it. Don't belittle people who disagree with you.
Old 5/26/05 | 09:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I believe they didn't want another winner from Birmingham so soon......

And all I need to do is think back to Clay aiken....Isn't he some teen idol thingy now? Bo prolly already has a record contract....
Old 5/26/05 | 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I personally don't like reality TV at all. They never interested me of course I prefer Sci-Fi and good old fashion drama. TV is to escape not realive the moronic and mundane .
Old 5/26/05 | 09:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

That's the only one I watch. Every year I swear- NO MORE and every year I am glued.
Old 5/26/05 | 10:24 AM
Queen Of Nascar

The anthem commercial was awesome. It will stop you in your tracks on television. That was only the second time I had seen the commercial and it truly rocks!!
Old 5/26/05 | 10:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

WOW~
I wish they showed Anthem more often on Tv. Its spectacular in Surround Sound.

I said to my hubby- have I thanked you today for buying me that car?
Old 5/26/05 | 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I wish I hadn't missed that Anthem commercial when I went out to the kitchen! I remember seeing in last week's show that the three final contestants were driving around in one of those red verts and looked to be enjoying the moment! I think the product identification of Mustang with the Am Idol is a great idea! Connect with a winner!!!
Old 5/26/05 | 11:55 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

West Coast gets the show on a tape delay. Which is the case with most LIVE TV we have today. We get it on tape delay. Every once in awhile we will get it live, with the rest of the country.. but only if it happens late enough elsewhere or happens here and is fed to the east and midwest.

I am sorry for editing out the posts, I should have edited the title of the thread to warn people that there were spoilers therein. I opened the thread, and my first thought was, "Holy #$%^&*, I gotta get this outta here before its ruined for every other person on the West Coast who watches the show." It was a foul up on my part, no excuses. I am the first to own to my foul ups, and take responsibility for them. I hope I didnt offend anyone by editing the posts. I can try to put them back, I think I remember what they said.

Just a note for you folks on the East Coast, and Midwest, if you are going to post about stuff like this, at least put a disclaimer in the thread title so that those on the West Coast KNOW not to open it.

I saw it had an attachement, and I thought I was going to read about how they gave Mustangs away, and there were pictures. The first couple of posts were just that. I was GLAD because I made sure were were DVRing it, I love seeing Anthem on our 50" with surround sound! My hubby thinks it was awesome.

For the record, the right person won. She is the epitomy of an American Idol. She is the perfect small town American Girl, with an Apply Pie Smile. Bo is a performer, and already has offers of contracts, and he will do much better on his own. The first season where both finalists actually didnt lose anything.
Old 5/26/05 | 12:16 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

moving this to general because it's way off topic (2005) but enough interest seems to be there to keep it goin
Old 5/26/05 | 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 26, 2005, 1:58 PM
West Coast gets the show on a tape delay. Which is the case with most LIVE TV we have today. We get it on tape delay. Every once in awhile we will get it live, with the rest of the country.. but only if it happens late enough elsewhere or happens here and is fed to the east and midwest.

I am sorry for editing out the posts, I should have edited the title of the thread to warn people that there were spoilers therein. I opened the thread, and my first thought was, "Holy #$%^&*, I gotta get this outta here before its ruined for every other person on the West Coast who watches the show." It was a foul up on my part, no excuses. I am the first to own to my foul ups, and take responsibility for them. I hope I didnt offend anyone by editing the posts. I can try to put them back, I think I remember what they said.

Just a note for you folks on the East Coast, and Midwest, if you are going to post about stuff like this, at least put a disclaimer in the thread title so that those on the West Coast KNOW not to open it.

I saw it had an attachement, and I thought I was going to read about how they gave Mustangs away, and there were pictures. The first couple of posts were just that. I was GLAD because I made sure were were DVRing it, I love seeing Anthem on our 50" with surround sound! My hubby thinks it was awesome.

For the record, the right person won. She is the epitomy of an American Idol. She is the perfect small town American Girl, with an Apply Pie Smile. Bo is a performer, and already has offers of contracts, and he will do much better on his own. The first season where both finalists actually didnt lose anything.
Hey Jessica,

Well, I am sorry if I ruined anything as I didnt know that was the case in the West Coast.

Well, atleast you were able to DVR the anthem. I wish I would have known to record it as well with my MCE. I would give anything to have recorded it. Theres a big difference than watching it on the Ford website in comaprison to the big-screen.

Regarding, Carrey as the winner I totally agree with you and thats why I voted for her.

So again please accept my apologies.
Old 5/26/05 | 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by burningman@May 26, 2005, 2:19 PM
moving this to general because it's way off topic (2005) but enough interest seems to be there to keep it goin
I disagree with you but its your house right. We must obey....
Old 5/26/05 | 12:32 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thanks David.. You werent the first one to spill the beans... I was stoked to know they gave away Mustangs, so I dont think you did anything wrong...

Peace!

Quick Reply: American Idol..Anyone watch it?