Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

For all you Mass Effect 3 fans

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/12, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all you Mass Effect 3 fans

Enjoy!

I'll be waiting patiently until I can get that game in my hands and kick some Reaper ***!
Old 2/21/12, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
.. .defintaly want...
Old 2/21/12, 09:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Cannot wait...

Hopefully its my Ugly Shep, the Rachni, the Geth and everybody else bringing pain to the reapers.

BTW, has anybody else DL'd the demo? I have the PC version and it has a short (maybe 30 minute) single player demo and a two map multiplayer demo.

As I understand it, the multiplayer game has an effect on the single player game. Its not rquired of course but it can effect the end game story.
Old 2/21/12, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The kinect is pretty cool with it.
Old 2/22/12, 12:33 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Unrelated, but I like how you can use kinect with Skyrim and the dragon shouts. The thought of screaming fos-roh-da has a certain appeal.
Old 2/22/12, 12:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bob
Unrelated, but I like how you can use kinect with Skyrim and the dragon shouts. The thought of screaming fos-roh-da has a certain appeal.
I wasn't aware you could do that but I'm pretty pissed off at that game and all the bugs I have so I haven't played it since the last update that only fixed 1 out of 16 bugged quests that I have.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 2/22/12 at 12:50 AM.
Old 2/22/12, 06:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bob
Cannot wait...

Hopefully its my Ugly Shep, the Rachni, the Geth and everybody else bringing pain to the reapers.

BTW, has anybody else DL'd the demo? I have the PC version and it has a short (maybe 30 minute) single player demo and a two map multiplayer demo.

As I understand it, the multiplayer game has an effect on the single player game. Its not rquired of course but it can effect the end game story.
I just played the demo last night on my 360. It took me through what looks like the very beginning of the game, about a half hour or so. Then took me to a some part in the game with wrex and liara and we're on our way to a planet. I stopped there cause I didn't want to know any more.

And I won't be getting the rachni or geth, I killed both of them off. Oh well I prefer to be evil in these games. Even though I'm on the light side on the old republic.
Old 2/23/12, 03:17 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Also if you check out the Kingdoms of Amular (sp?) demo it will provide an extra armor option for ME3.

For those with the demo, how did you like the updated GUI and cover system?
Old 2/23/12, 04:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bob
Also if you check out the Kingdoms of Amular (sp?) demo it will provide an extra armor option for ME3.

For those with the demo, how did you like the updated GUI and cover system?
I didn't notice too muh about the cover system except it flows better. Running from cover to cover and jumping over things feels more natural now.
Old 3/3/12, 04:01 PM
Cobra Member

Only a few more days. Anyone else see the life action trailer? Pretty sweet.
Old 3/4/12, 09:44 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Only a few more days. Anyone else see the life action trailer? Pretty sweet.
with the little girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=eBktyyaV9LY

Watching this makes me really wish a live action movie would come out. Each installment of the game could work in a trilogy and IIRC Legendary Entertainment has the film rights to Mass Effect. Then again I'd settle for an incredibly detailed animation in the trailer so you could get the various alien races right like the elcor and the volus and the krogan.

Also I think I kinda like Ashley Williams new look, Jack is sporting a mohawk I think in this relase as well (like Jack's missions but I dont care for her myself). Also wonder how Miranda is going to work out for me, the save I'm importing over has her as the love interest and well... she's cerberus.

Last edited by bob; 3/6/12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 3/5/12, 04:29 AM

I want this one! Been waiting for it for so long... Mass Effect 3 is the most wanted game to me. I've played Mass Effect 1 again this month and now I'm starting the second part in order not to lose impression, I guess by the time I finish it must be out already...
Old 3/6/12, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bob

with the little girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=eBktyyaV9LY

Watching this makes me really wish a live action movie would come out. Each installment of the game could work in a trilogy and IIRC Legendary Entertainment has the film rights to Mass Effect. Then again I'd settle for an incredibly detailed animation in the trailer so you could get the various alien races right like the elcor and the volus and the krogan.

Also I think I kinda like Ashley Williams new look, Jack is sporting a mohawk I think in this relase as well (like Jack's missions but I dont care for her myself). Also wonder how Miranda is going to work out for me, the save I'm importing over has her as the love interest and well... she's cerberus.
I think Ashley got uglier. Miranda is still my love and always will be. Especially since she's a replica of a real person.
Old 3/11/12, 05:03 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

DONE! Now I've got to play through the final mission 2 more times to see how it affects the various endings.

Or maybe more, there are essentially 3 chapters each chapter has a big choice to make. My game glicthed and chapter 2 so I got to see the effect of both choices.

Also liked the PvE mutliplayer mission which effects the single player game. Gasp.... did 35 missions on saturday to get my galaxy readiness up to 100% so I could tackle to the final mission.
Old 3/14/12, 08:16 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Best 10 minutes of dialog in the whole **** game. Granted this wont make much sense unless you know what the elcor, hanar, volus, and vorcha are.

Old 3/17/12, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Sadly im only 8 hours in. Was away all week on a cruise for spring break. Hopefully I have enough time to get through it all in about 2 weeks time.

How long did it take you guys to beat? Keep in mind I like to do almost everything if not all. The others typically look me about 45-50 hours.
Old 3/17/12, 09:11 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

around 35 hours for me, its worthwhile (obviously) to do every side mission and recover every artifact to get that war readiness up as the game has about 11 endings based on your readiness rating.
Old 3/20/12, 05:40 AM
Cobra Member

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME YET. I DIDNT EVEN READ THIS ARTICLE BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WOULD GIVE AWAY THE ENDING.

I thought the title was funny though. Was the ending really that bad? (once again, I have NOT finished the game. Please no spoilers)

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...173411384.html
Old 3/20/12, 07:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME YET. I DIDNT EVEN READ THIS ARTICLE BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WOULD GIVE AWAY THE ENDING.

I thought the title was funny though. Was the ending really that bad? (once again, I have NOT finished the game. Please no spoilers)

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...173411384.html
there's like 6 different endings.
Old 3/20/12, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

there's like 6 different endings.
Doesn't mean I wanna know any of them. Plus the other games had more endings.

Quick Reply: For all you Mass Effect 3 fans