Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Abuse

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/08, 06:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
doing something is better than doing nothing. I would. Poor girl is possibly being raped on a regular basis.... Stand up you have the ammo ...now shoot. I am sure you can call in and remain anonymous. I can tell you for sure I would be doing something about it.
Old 5/14/08, 09:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Call it in it's the right thing too do You don't wanna know what my anger made me think of what I'd like to do.
Old 5/16/08, 02:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Call it in it's the right thing too do You don't wanna know what my anger made me think of what I'd like to do.
+1. My bro had a similar situation with a co-worker he had. Her husband beat her for any stupid thing when he was drunk. A couple friends went one night and broke the hell loose on his pickup truck, cause the lucky SOB wasn't home. Eventually, she left him, but not after a couple more episodes of violence. It's something that she must decide to do because her own mother doesn't give a $ht about it. I get really pi$$ed of when this sort of thing happens still on this day. My mind is full with very creative ways of revenge, but it's something that one shouldn't do because you'll only get down to their level.

Last edited by edumspeed; 5/16/08 at 02:32 PM.
Old 5/16/08, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agree when i get mad i prob thought the same as thing gotta have it
I used to be abused but its why i almost killed sumone for messing wiht me :/ so i had to get anger managment
but now and days i just avoid ppl that **** me off but abuse is a bad thing if she bein abuse best do sumthing

Last edited by 429 Boss Mustang; 5/16/08 at 02:33 PM.
Old 5/16/08, 02:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Those Neanderthals should be locked up and the key fused with a torch so they won't do any more harm to other people. It's a repetitive cycle that keeps going on and on. I've grown tired of seeing on the news or paper that some POS that to feel like a man goes and hits someone defenseless. If they feel the urge to fight, go do it with someone of their own size.

Last edited by edumspeed; 5/16/08 at 02:46 PM.
Old 5/16/08, 02:43 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Police do not name 3rd parties who report abuse, either physical or sexual.

What's going to weigh on your conscience more; the fact that you reported it and it was false OR the fact that you DID NOT report it and she suffers life altering injuries as a result?
Old 5/16/08, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ed can agree their no body needs to go through that kind of stuff in a early age or young adult whatever still causes mental abuse to the mind.
Old 5/16/08, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

well if you see marks on somebody that wasent their the day before u notice and second day you see more would you get kindof wonder what happened
Old 5/16/08, 02:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Oh, and by the way, are the teachers on that school blind or something? The social worker is there for those kind of situations. They know what to do. At least here it's done like that.
Old 5/16/08, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

same in oklahoma but alot of ppl were long sleeve shirts
Old 5/16/08, 06:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
She isn't with her dad this weekend, and I'm going over to talk to her today. I'll be calling once I get home. I just feel like, I know it is the right thing to do, and in my head and my heart I feel like it is my place to do something, but then I feel like if I'm not even that close to her, and she told me, then her friends must know, and I can't help but think why haven't they done anything? maybe I don't have the full story or something. I can't stand the thought of someone abusing her, but the idea of falsely accusing someone of something so severe is unimaginable to me as well.

As for the "why haven't the social workers seen it?" I have never seen any visible marks of abuse, but then again I was never really looking for them.
Old 5/20/08, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

any updates? If this was happening to me I don't know that I would tell my friends.
Old 5/21/08, 05:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cntchds
Summary:
Father and brother are abusive. She lives with them every weekend. Mother knows, and hasn't really done anything to prevent said abuse. She doesn't want to get her brother/father in trouble, and thinks it is a "family problem."

Advice? I feel like there should be something that I can do, but I don't know if I would be over reacting to call the police, or the school. I don't think it would be right of me to sit back and wait for it to happen again before I do something, though. What would you do? Just take a step back and let her deal with it?
I work with abused people in my job. It is depressing sometimes and you really want to do something yourself, but the fact is, SHE must want to help herself first. The sobering reality is that most people who really are abused don't report it, generally the whole judicial system regarding protection from abuse is in itself rendered useless by people filing false allegations and that in turn tends to discourage the true victims from speaking out.

You are definetely doing a great thing by being there for her, that's for sure. I would suggest maybe contacting the school psychologist like you had mentioned or possibly contacting a womens shelter. The one's around here have actual attorneys who represent people like your friend pro bono (free). Another idea would be to contact the local department of public welfare since she is still a minor.

In the end though, as painful as it may be for her, she needs to follow through with whatever help is given to her and get herself out of that situation. She does not want to be another statistic.

Good luck.
Old 6/11/08, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

anything going on with this?
Old 6/19/08, 11:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
She hasn't been around her brother or father since I first posted this thread. Her mom is fighting for full custody, and a restraining order. I will tell you what happens as soon as I know.