Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Ford Honors Woody Anderson Ford for Good Works

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/05, 01:23 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Woody Anderson Ford CEO Cathy Anderson to receive annual 'Salute To Dealers' award
  • Ford Motor Company's annual Salute To Dealers program recognizes nine outstanding dealers for their community commitments.
  • Cathy Anderson has helped develop and support a wide variety of programs in her community to enrich the lives of young people and provide opportunities for success.
Armed with a master's degree in social work, a strong desire to help improve the lives of others and the power of her business, Woody Anderson Ford CEO and President Cathy Anderson has made a lasting impact on countless people.

"Our community provided the foundation and growth of our business success," Anderson said. "It is truly a joy to give something back."

For her outstanding corporate citizenship, Ford Motor Company has named Anderson among the nine recipients of its fifth annual Salute To Dealers award.

Anderson's educational, charitable and community service efforts touch a wide variety of people in Alabama and around the country. But her passion is children. "I believe every child should be protected and given an opportunity to learn and grow regardless of socioeconomic challenges," Anderson said.

Prior to joining her late husband, Woody Anderson, at his Ford dealership, Anderson worked as a state social worker and developed new forms of therapy for families with neglectful and abusive parents to help determine the most effective intervention and treatment. In 1989, she became a major supporter of and contributor to the National Children's Advocacy Center in Huntsville, whose goal was to lessen the trauma and expedite the "processing" of an abused child. The NCAC's multidisciplinary approach is a model for more than 400 active Children's Advocacy Centers across the United States.

In line with her resolve to ensure a bright future for young people, Anderson is part of a multidisciplinary task force to educate people about and address the chronic problems associated with methamphetamine abuse.

"Cathy's work with children and methamphetamine abuse is quite remarkable and has helped raise the overall quality of life in North Alabama," said U.S. Rep. Bud Cramer, D-Ala. "I have been involved in a number of community projects with Cathy and can attest that she has always gone the extra mile to ensure our community is well prepared."

Anderson also believes in the power of education, contributing financial resources to the United Negro College Fund, Oakwood College in Huntsville and Alabama A&M University.

Empowering women is another favorite cause. Anderson works with the Women's Economic Development Council to provide opportunities for leadership and economic development through education, mentoring and networking. Anderson also has provided sponsorship and donated a vehicle to Girls Inc., a national nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring all girls - particularly those in high-risk, underserved areas - to be strong, smart and bold.

"Cathy's contribution made a difference in the lives of women who face challenges that some of us - by blessings or by hard work and good timing - have managed to avoid," said Ann Yelle, WEDC vice president.

Anderson and others at Woody Anderson Ford are also active members of the Alabama Hispanic Association, sponsoring activities to improve educational and economic opportunities, employing bilingual sales associates and advertising with Spanish radio and newspaper. "She is truly an example of a person who is concerned about and committed to the community," said Margaret Rotger, president of the Alabama Hispanic Association.

"I am very humbled and honored by the privilege to receive the Salute To Dealers award," Anderson said. "It is an extraordinary effort that epitomizes the philosophy that Henry Ford built his business upon by providing opportunity for customers and community."

Salute To Dealers was established in 2001 to demonstrate Ford Motor Company's commitment to its dealer principals who improve the lives of those in need in their communities while providing outstanding products and services. The program is conducted under the guidance of Edsel B. Ford II, great-grandson of Henry Ford and a member of Ford's Board of Directors.

"Cathy Anderson's community involvement and dedication reiterates Ford's commitment to making a difference in the places where we live and work," Ford said. "She is truly remarkable."

This year, 63 nominations for exceptional individuals representing 31 states were received for the award. Dealers representing all Ford Motor Company brands - Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Volvo, Mazda, Land Rover and Aston Martin - are eligible to be nominated by a regional representative. A panel of judges selects the honorees based on the dealer's individual activities, length of participation and personal motivation.

This year's award recipients will be honored January 28 at a private reception preceding the National Automobile Dealers Association convention in New Orleans. Ford commissioned a portrait of each award honoree depicting in montage form the dealers' involvement in their communities. These portraits commemorating the corporate citizenship efforts of the 2005 honorees will join those of previous honorees in a special display in the lobby of Ford Motor Company's World Headquarters in Dearborn, Mich.
Old 1/30/05, 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by LMan; 8/20/11 at 09:25 AM.
Old 2/1/05, 08:38 PM

I've bought my last 15 cars from them, including my new mustang, which they got me for sticker, not 2-4k over like everyone else. They're my first and only choice. Good people.
Old 2/2/05, 05:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

AHH thats where that spectacular machine came from......
You better watch out for my twin, he has road rage on other 05s- especially pretty ones.....(That would be the yellow without snakes you see driving around us.......)
I guess he thinks he's the only one who ever got a mustang, and considering where he bought it from.......I can see why he would.