Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

9/11 10 years ago

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/11, 07:26 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
9/11 10 years ago

Lets all take a moment today and spend some time thinking about that day. Where you were, what you were doing. Lets think about all the people that gave their lives trying to rescue others from the chaos, and all of those that couldnt be rescued. Lets pray for peace in their families lives and hope for something of this magnitude to ever strike our country again.

Today are days that I am proud to say I am a firefighter as I know I am among a brotherhood of men and women who show no selfishness.

I am even more proud to say I am an American.

Old 9/11/11, 07:38 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
i just can't believe it has been already 10 years....10 years ago it was a Tuesday morning and i was in 6th grade in my catholic school classroom, one of the head Sister's ran into the room and turned on the television and the news....immediatly we saw the second plane fly into the towers.....we all then joined hands and prayed and cried together....we were let out of school early that day....

horrific day....

always remember and never forget 9-11-01

may those Angels above watch over us today....
Old 9/11/11, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in 6th grade as well. It's weird to think that I was that young when all this happened yet it's so clear in my mind still.

I remember the room and desk I was sitting at in school as the teachers started leaving the classrooms and talking to each other. I remember the principle coming over the intercom and telling everyone what happened, although I didn't quite understand what happened until I saw it on TV when I got home. Terrible day that I'll remember forever.

Great thing about the U.S.A is our ability to bounce back from any disaster, and come together as a country to show everyone that we're the best country in the world.
Old 9/11/11, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't believe it's been ten years since that day.

Let's not forget this country didn't just come together, the world came together.

Old 9/11/11, 09:26 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you Scott.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/11/11 at 11:06 AM.
Old 9/11/11, 09:49 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 9/11/11, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

I came home this morning and turned on the TV and all the 9/11 programs were on the air already.
Took me back to 10 years ago when I went to New York on 9/8/01 for work and my birthday.
I was there. Here are a few pics. Not digital but I have a box full of originals.

Old 9/11/11, 10:53 AM
Post *****

5.2.11:

Senator Mitch McConnell said,
"The last thing Osama bin Laden saw on this earth was the small team of Americans who shot him…

http://www.charliehorse.com/911Tribute.htm

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/11/11 at 11:08 AM.
Old 9/11/11, 11:05 AM
Cobra R Member

The patriotic bond is something that carried a lot of America thorough. And for that I'm thankful.

Sometimes though... there just are no words. As this travesty changed our world.

25 powerful photos of 9/11

Crazy it's been a decade...

God Bless.

Last edited by 2010MustangGT; 9/11/11 at 11:29 AM.
Old 9/11/11, 11:16 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts

I think of the dreadful morning of September 11th frequently. I guess I always will.
Old 9/11/11, 11:30 AM
Cobra Member

i cant believe its been that long but when i think about where i was at the time then it does seem like 10 years ago... which was in 4th grade
Old 9/11/11, 01:31 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was waking up late that morning. I had fell asleep in the living room. I turned on the TV and thought it was a movie or something. I got a call from a friend asking if I had seen it. If only Americans could be as good to each other all the time as they were the months that followed.

I think when I am a old man in 2070 I will still get angry when I think of that day and its events.

I am goignt o play xbox all day to avoid the huge amount of news stories and the people having shows on it. Half of them are trying to get ratings and make money which pisses me off and the other half are just doing to good of a job reminding me of awful things.
Old 9/11/11, 02:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My personal take on it as put in yesterday's newsletter that we sent out...

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...iew&news_id=60
Old 9/11/11, 04:10 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wa in my first semester of college sitting in painting class when our teacher announced the news and cancelled classes. I remember driving home about an hour listening to the radio about what was happening and just blown away....
Old 9/11/11, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

I was in the military, I prepared to rain hell down.
Old 9/11/11, 04:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
My personal take on it as put in yesterday's newsletter that we sent out...

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...iew&news_id=60
Very Nice!
Old 9/11/11, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I was in 6th grade when Challenger exploded; I still remember that day well..

10 years ago today, I was just a couple days into a new job, and the office building had a small store on the first level. I had gone down to get a soda, and they had a small TV on behind the counter that was usually tuned to some morning programming. The news was on, and at that point, the first plane had just hit, and it was presumed that it was a small plane (which had happened once before), so despite being bad news, it didn't seem too crazy. By the time I got back up to my office on the fifth floor, everybody was gathered around a TV in our training room, and things quickly became scary. I had an infant at home (my first, who is now 11 and has two siblings) with my wife, and after the pentagon and the PA flight, I started wondering how much bigger it was going to get, and when it would end. I called my wife, and she didn't have the TV or radio on, and had no idea yet. I just wanted to go to them, but she went to my parent's house with the baby. The office building I worked in had a Social Security court in it, which was concerning as the government buildings started being targeted.

What a horrific act of evil; seeing the coverage and some of the memorial videos brings tears to my eyes every time. I run the video rig at my church every couple weeks as a volunteer, and the video they put together was powerful. I was on this week, and it affected me each time I ran it, watching it from the control room on the monitors. Never forget, never lose perspective, and never take life or loved ones for granted.
Old 9/11/11, 05:13 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
I was home with a sick 7 year old. Desperately trying to get in touch with my family that worked in NYC and DC. Just glued to the tv all day in shock and total disbelief. That kid is now 17 and just joined they Army and I couldn't be a more proud parent. Thanks to all that put themselves in harms way every day to protect us.

Taking a moment today to pray for all the lives lost and their families, the first responders, our military, and our country. May GOD continue to watch over and bless us all. So very proud to be an American! 09/11/01
Old 9/11/11, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
That day, I just happened to turn on the TV before leaving for work. I didn't normally do that. I can't even remember why I did it. And I was watching Today at the time... and the second plane had already hit. It was about 8:05 my time.

I sat in stunned amazement and shock... and it is something I simply can't forget.

For the next week, I had to keep working, but at night, watching the TV, hoping for more information... and most channels, even MTV of all things, were focused on the tragedy. After a while, the stun was replaced by numb... I was never upset. And then it was a time of gladness, and feeling as if it was *right*, as when football, of all things, finally started again, only a week after that day. And it was right. It was good. We needed to get moving again, and silly as it sounds, football was the kick starter.

I watched this morning the MSNBC replay of that day, with Matt and Katie on Today... it is still as stunning, still as unbelieveable, as it was that day.

The ceremonies at the newly opened memorials at WTC and Shanksville, and rememberances all over, today's tributes at the games, especially the Taps playes at Shanksville and Arlington,this day, Patriot Day, will never, ever be forgotten.

I salute the men and women in all services. I bow my head in silence in rememberance of the fallen. And then... we pick our selves up, and we move on, because that is what they would want us to do, I think.

Last edited by houtex; 9/11/11 at 06:19 PM.
Old 9/11/11, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One World Trade Center sure is going to be a beautiful building.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_World_Trade_Center

Quick Reply: 9/11 10 years ago