Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

2011, the clock has rang and the calendar has turned...

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/11, 09:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up 2011, the clock has rang and the calendar has turned...

I wanted to reflect on a personal momento for 2010....

As many members and staff here all know
so well about 05stangkc and his son Andrew
and all the family has endured this past year.

I issued a challenge and I want to renew this challenge well into
2011, the new year for most of us, an ongoing year and
disbelief when Kevin was laid off and dealing with Andrew.

I know this is personal, and respect anyone who may post here well
after I post this thread but please respect Andrew and the family.

With the support of The Mustang Source and some vendors,
I want to extend my challenge until further notice
so that the entire community and extended family surrounding
not only this site, but please share this with other sites
within the rules within. I opened my heart, I gave my all,
I promised Kevin we the community of TMS would come
together and send get well cards, cards of hope,
and cards in faith we believe, there is belief in prayer
and as one community standing in 2011 we can make
a difference and I want to extend this opportunity.

If every member on this forum sent One (1) heart felt
card the feeling you get alone will warm you inside like
no other feeling you have ever felt. I am opening my
wallet, my commissions will be put forth so we can
continue to support and who knows, maybe there is a
cure and it could only be one step away, just around the corner,
it could be where one of our very own members works that
breaks the wall of silence and brings life to everyone who
has this illness and can celebrate with Andrew to
become stronger and become a Champion.

I believe, will you join me in this effort...

I am a licensed distibutor for Send Out Cards out of Salt Lake City, Utah. I am offering to donate all proceeds from my commisions with Kevin's permission of course to Andrew's medical bills. Please check out the link below and send Andrew a card today, takes less than 5 minutes for most and you will feel good inside after you send a card.

With over 17,000 cards available you can create a card for anyone, not just Andrew and for only $2.99 created, printed, stuffed, stamped and mailed to Andrew you can make a difference and I know everyone who has supported Andrew and Kevin's family from the very beginning will get in on this and send a card. Think about Thanksgiving just around the corner, not to mention Halloween is what 8 days away. Keep in mind Christmas is gonna be here before you know it, with Send Out Cards you don't have to write your name 50-100 times in paper cards, let the company print them for you.

Now, here is how this works -

1. You simply create a real printed greeting card, make your secure payment to Send Out Cards online, no one will send you anything, sell you anything, sell your email address I assure you.

2. For only $2.99 where else can any member here drive to the store, pick out card and have to write in the card, put a stamp on the card and wait for post carrier to pick it up. Send Out Cards believes in making lives better one card at a time and you can make a difference too.

3. I will donate $1.50 for every card this forum sends, this is my paid commission. You can't get any better than this, now where could you make a smile on Andrew's face and know $1.50 to top it all off will be sent directly to Andrew monthly for the next 2 1/5 months from this day forward. You can even attach a gift for way less than you might imagine.

4. If any member during the timeframe posted in this thread decides so become a Send Out Cards distibutor, I will donate an additional $40.00 per new distributor limited to the first 12 who may chose to sign up.

Mailing address being used for the campaign:

New Address for any Cards or Items.

Grandma's House

Andrew Casey
C/O Jo Smock
1640 W. Princeton Court
Visalia Ca

I will be asking this thread to become a sticky and allow it be posted on the main page of threads as well. Please feel free to post as your send, but also keep in mind this thread is for our community and I know we all can make a difference in the life of Andrew Casey thru the power of giving, there was a comment posted from Kevin a few weeks back about a card I sent Andrew with his photo on it in the Charger and Andrew showed it to everyone that he has bragging rights, I want all of you to have those bragging rights as well with this awesome offer right before you today thru New Year's Eve!

Thank you, Brandon Ashlock in Kansas City. I am Send Out Cards, and I would like you to experience this as well. Thank you and let's make this campaign go big!

Direct email - Giveagiftandcard@gmail.com
Mobile Office (816) 507 - 1860

Last edited by ShowGT; 1/3/11 at 09:34 PM.
Old 1/5/11, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

This afternoon Kevin Casey posted for those following the story of Andrew and the awesome Christmas and Birthday we all shared together here at The Mustang Source some news we all were hoping would be up an upswing after the holidays.

Andrew was placed on HOSPICE today at home, from the thread written by Kevin.

I can't think of a better time than RIGHT NOW for every member to share in this experience and send Andrew a Get Well Card! A funny humor card! Send him a Happy New Year card! Andrew needs us TMS. We did not back down from his wish list for Christmas and I certainly hope you all will come forward and join this community effort to send some cards! Everyone I know enjoys opening cards and reading notes and encouragement from family, friends, neighbors next door and members of this forum!

I personally challenge this thread to not only all the members, but the vendors need to get in here and join the card campaign.

So post when you send, my donations will be the same for 2011.

This thread needs to be shared, encourage you helping me change Andrew's life by what you give, send him a smile. Kevin has spoke about the cards I have sent, Andrew takes them to hospital and brags about them to the staff. I want everyone here to be a part of this, are you with me ...
Old 1/6/11, 03:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

As I just heard the news, I ask TMS members to send the family sympathy cards as this contribution was intended. Thank you.
Old 1/7/11, 12:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Please send all questions intended for my services and cards to my direct personal email, my PM box is getting full.

Direct contact is Giveagiftandcard@Gmail.com and I can be reached at (816) 507-1860. Thank you Brandon Ashlock

Last edited by ShowGT; 1/7/11 at 12:08 PM.