After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classic Video Games- PACMAN Frogger Duckhunt- play here
Old 6/19/05, 08:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am a child of the eighties. That is what I prefer to be called. The nineties can do without me. Grunge isn't here to stay, fashion is fickle and "Generation X" is a myth created by some over-40 writer trying to figure out why people wear flannel in the summer. When I got home from school, I played with my Atari 2600. I spent hours playing Pitfall or Combat or Breakout or Dodge'em Cars or Frogger. I never did beat Asteroids. Then I watched "Scooby Doo." Daphne was a Goddess, and I thought Shaggy was smoking something synthetic in the back of their psychedelic van. I hated Scrappy.

I would sleep over at friends' houses on the weekends. We played army with G.I. Joe figures, and I set up galactic wars between Autobots and Decepticons. We stayed up half the night throwing marshmallows and Velveeta at one another. We never beat the Rubik's Cube.

I got up on Saturday mornings at 6 a.m. to watch bad Hanna-Barbera cartoons like "The Snorks," "Jabberjaw," "Captain Caveman," and "Space Ghost." In between I would watch "School House Rock." ("Conjunction junction, what's your function?")

On weeknights Daisy Duke was my future wife. I was going to own the General Lee and shoot dynamite arrows out the back. Why did they weld the doors shut? At the movies the Nerds got Revenge on the Alpha Betas by teaming up with the Omega Mus. I watched Indiana Jones save the Ark of the Covenant, and wondered what Yoda meant when he said, "No, there is another."

Ronald Reagan was cool. Gorbachev was the guy who built a McDonalds in Moscow. My family took summer vacations to the Gulf of Mexico and collected "Muppet Movie" glasses along the way. (We had the whole set.) My brother and I fought in the back seat. At the hotel we found creative uses for Connect Four pieces like throwing them in that big air conditioning unit.

I listened to John COUGAR Mellencamp sing about Little Pink Houses for Jack and Diane. I was bewildered by Boy George and the colors of his dreams, red, gold, and green. MTV played videos. Nickelodeon played "You Can't Do That on Television" and "Dangermouse." Cor! HBO showed Mike Tyson pummel everybody except Robin Givens, the bad actress from "Head of the Class" who took all Mike's cashflow.

I drank Dr. Pepper. "I'm a Pepper, you're a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?" Shasta was for losers. TAB was a laboratory accident. Capri Sun was a social statement. Orange juice wasn't just for breakfast anymore, and bacon had to move over for something meatier.

My mom put a thousand Little Debbie Snack Cakes in my Charlie Brown lunch box, and filled my Snoopy Thermos with grape Kool-Aid. I would never eat the snack cakes, though. Did anyone? I got two thousand cheese and cracker snack packs, and I ate those.

I went to school and had recess. I went to the same classes everyday. Some weird guy from the eighth grade always won the science fair with the working hydro-electric plant that leaked on my project about music and plants. They just loved Beethoven.

Field day was bigger than Christmas, but it always managed to rain just enough to make everybody miserable before they fell over in the three-legged race. Where did all those panty hose come from? "Deck the Halls with Gasoline, fa la la la la la la la la," was just a song. Burping was cool. Rubber band fights were cooler. A substitute teacher was a baby sitter/marked woman. Nobody deserved that.

I went to Cub Scouts. I got my arrow-of-light, but never managed to win the Pinewood Derby. I got almost every skill award but don't remember ever doing anything.

The world stopped when the Challenger exploded.

Did a teacher come in and tell your class?

Half of your friends' parents got divorced.

People did not just say no to drugs.

AIDS started, but you knew more people who had a grandparent die from cancer.

Somebody in your school died before they graduated.

When you put all this stuff together, you have my childhood. If this stuff sounds familiar, then I bet you are one, too.

We are children of the eighties. That is what I prefer "they" call it.
Old 6/19/05, 08:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Are You a Child of the 80s?

Trapped between the "Baby Boomers" and "Generation Y" is a special generation ... a generation we call "Children of the Eighties." If you can identify with most of the 15 points below, chances are you are definitely one of them ...

You owned a *real* Rubik's cube.
One word: Izod.
You remember when MTV didn't exist. Alternatively you remember when the M stood for Music, not Mundane.
"Alternative" music actually was...and not popular Top 40 tunes.
You were a "wanna be". Madonna, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, etc.
"Where's the beef?"
You know how to use a rotary phone.
Max Headroom was cool.
You know how (or wanted to be able) to Moonwalk!
Atari, IntelliVision, TelStar and Coleco were the ultimate gaming systems to own.
Leg warmers and headbands alá Pat Benatar once looked really cool to you.
You remember when Jordache jeans with a flat-handle comb in the back pocket was cool.
Jelly bracelets & shoes!
Your hair defied gravity.
You are still baffled by the "day glo" clothing trend.
So, are you a Child of the '80s? You're facing a long uphill culture battle to stay tuned-in to that great decade, so follow our advice:
Old 6/19/05, 08:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

You might be a child of the 80's if...
This timeline appropriately describes actual events in your life:
STAR WARS opens, you are still in the single digit years, and you think the creatures are WAY cool.
EMPIRE STRIKES BACK opens, you are now in early double digit years, and you are convinced that the special effects are much better, the characters are cool, and you want one of every collectible out there.
RETURN OF THE JEDI hits the theaters...you are now a teenager, and you cannot get your eyes off Princess Leia's breasts or Han Solo's butt. You fantasize about it, and send off to join every fan club for them on the planet, hanging posters, photos, and "teen"-type magazine spreads all over your walls and lockers at school.
; you have deep, personal relationships via computers with people you've never met in real life before

the phrase "going courting", to you, means fighting an unjust traffic ticket or playing tennis

you know, by heart, the words to any "Weird" Al Yankovic song

not that you'd do it personally, but body piercing captivates your attention

you remember the days when cocaine was just fine in powder form, thankyouverymuch

the Brady Bunch movie brought back cool memories

you remember the first time "Space: Above and Beyond" aired it was called "Battlestar Galactica"

songs by Debbie Gibson still haunt you to this day

3 words: "Atari" "IntelliVision" and "Coleco". Sound familiar?

you remember the days that hooking your computer into your tv wasn't an expensive option that required gadgets - it was the ONLY WAY to use your computer!

you remember the days when "safe sex" meant "my parents are gone for the weekend"

you remember "Friday Night Videos" before the days of MTV

you ever owned a pair of "Pop-Wheels" - that handy little combination of shoe and roller skate that lasted about a year on the open market

a predominant color in your childhood photos is "plaid" you see teenagers today wearing clothes that show up in those childhood photos, and they still look bad

you're pissed that you couldn't really participate in the 60's, pissed that you were a part of the 70's, think you wasted too much time doing stupid, meaningless things in the 80's, and still have no clue what the 90's are all about

while in high school, you and all your friends discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the end of the century and play "1999" by Prince over and over again

you remember when music that was labeled "alternative" really was

one of the top five questions you've always wanted answered was to Robert Smith of the Cure - "What WAS that head on the door thing anyway?"

you were shocked and horrified at the Challenger explosion (which you were probably watching in school at the time), and yet, when someone mentions the name "JFK", the first thing you think of is "Oliver Stone"

you, yes you, sat down and memorized the entire lyric sheet to "It's the end of the world as we know it"

you can't remember when the word "networking" didn't have a computer connotation to it as well

you took family trips BEFORE the invention of the mini-van. You rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced the cars behind you.

you knew all the words to Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire", but it really didn't hold any meaning for you until about the third verse

you've ever conversationally used the phrase "Jane, you ignorant girl of ill repute"

you watched HR Puffenstuff as a child, but now that you're older, you really understand that it would have been much better had you known about drugs at the time

you've recently horrified yourself by using any one of the following phrases:
- "When I was younger"
- "When I was your age"
- "You know, back when..."
- "Because I SAID so, that's why"
- "What the heck is this noise on the radio?"
- "Just can't (fill in the blank) like I used to"

you can't remember a time when "going out for coffee" DIDN'T involve 49,000 selections to choose from

Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned the English language

Kids that work in restaurants and supermarkets are starting to **** you off by calling you "sir" or "ma'am"

you're starting to view getting carded to buy alcohol as a GOOD thing, and you're ready to marry the next person who cards you when you want to buy cigarettes.

flashback: it was your first chance to vote in a presidential election, and you were SO disappointed because, just for laughs, you really wanted to vote for Gary Hart

the first time you heard the candidates names, you were pumped because you thought MICHAEL Jackson was running for President, not this Jesse character.

you ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran Duran, Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper video

at one point during your teenage years, you walked with a noticeable tilt to one side due to the number of plastic rings on that arm

"Celebration" by Kool & the Gang was one of the hot new songs when you first heard it at a school dance

the first time you ever kissed someone at a dance fell during "Crazy for You" by Madonna

there were at least three people in your school that voluntarily went by the names of "Skip" "Buffy" "Muffy" or "Dexter"

you ever owned one of those embarrassing crimping irons

you used to hold in your head the thought that all those gold chains on Mr. T actually looked kinda cool and the thought that Mr. T made millions seemed rational to you at the time

you remember with pain the sad day when the Green Machine hit the streets and made your old big wheel quite obsolete

the phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter

you read the "Hot Video Games Player's Secrets" guide for Mortal Kombat just so you could find the hidden screen, and play Pong again for old time's sake

you were convinced for years that Batman was a mildly overweight man with a moderate beer belly who wore his underwear outside of his clothes and talked strangely

you're still occasionally suffering flashbacks from your 21st birthday party

you're starting to dread your 30th birthday, and have even begun going into denial about it's possibility

you've ever said "I'm a vegetarian" and immediately had someone call you a hypocrite by saying "Nice leather jacket you have there...and gee, is that a suede bag...those shoes leather, too?"

you're starting to believe that maybe 30 isn't so old after all, and it's those people over 40 you have to look out for

you freaked out when you found that you now fall into the "26 - 50" age category on most questionnaires

you have begun to lust after women (or men) that it would be socially inappropriate for you to date due to their age

your hair, at some point in time in the 80's, became something which can only be described by the phrase "I was experimenting"

you've ever shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton, but not in the last five years, okay?

you can't remember a time when "hitting the outlet stores" didn't mean going to an electrical warehouse

you're starting to believe (now that it wouldn't affect YOU) that maybe having the kids go to school year-round wouldn't be such a bad idea after all

you're doing absolutely nothing with anything pertaining to your major degree

you won't walk into the place where you once knew every bartender on a first name basis because "there's too many kids there"

going to keg parties no longer involves hiding out in the woods when the cops show up

you want to go out dancing, you really, REALLY do, but your back hurts, sorry

you're starting to get that "why aren't you married yet" shpiel, not just from parents, but now from friends that are married

you've recently horrified yourself by groaning as you get out of bed, not because of a hangover, but because it genuinely just hurt to do so

you're finding that you just don't understand more than half the lingo used on MTV any more

(mostly guys on this one) sex is still as much fun as it used to be, and you're still really interested in it, but you just want to make sure there's nothing really good on cable that you'd be missing first

you ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon

U2 is too "popular" and "mainstream" for you now

you ever used the phrase "kiss mah grits" in conversation

When somone mentions two consecutive days of the week, the Happy Days theme is stuck in your head for hours on end

you remember trying to guess the episode of the Brady Bunch from the first scene.

you ever used the phrase "don't make me angry...you wouldn't LIKE me when I'm angry" when trying to frighten someone off.

you spent endless nights dreaming about being the Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman or the Six Million Dollar Man

you had ringside seats for Luke and Laura's wedding (on General Hospital)

you remember "Hey, let's be careful out there"

you're parents wanted you to attend medical school, but you decided it was pointless since Quincy got all the babes, anyway.

you know who shot J.R.

this rings a bell: "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."

You owned a Jordache anything, or you remember when Jordache jeans were cool.

You remember when Madonna was just hitting the scene.

The Brady Bunch movie brought back cool memories.

"The Reflex" was a cool song.

You remember the original version of Windows: Macintosh.

You thought "Weird Science" was a masterpiece.

You remember any or all of the following: Echo & the Bunnymen, Cutting Crew, Scritti Politti, or Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark.

Chevy Chase was really funny in those vacation movies.

You actually know who Rick Springfield is

You remember when film critics raved that no movie could ever possibly get better special effects than those in the movie TRON.

You jammed to the Miami Vice theme and thought Jan Hammer was cool.

For the girl crazy bunch: Your first sexual dream occurred to thoughts of Jeannie, Marsha Brady, Samantha from Bewitched or, for those hardcore comic fans out there, Daphne from Scooby Doo, Josie or any one of her kittycats.

And for the boy crazy bunch: You thought Sean Cassidy was "dreamy", lusted after "Ted, your ship's photographer" on the Love Boat and Chachi, or, to keep it fair to the comically interested, thought Fred was just a hunk on Scooby Doo.

Guys: You remember when a guy piercing his ear was radical to the max, but did it anyhow.

You've ever shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton, but not in the last five years, okay?

You actually remember Benetton.

You're starting to believe (now that it wouldn't affect YOU) that maybe having the kids go to school year-round wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

You remember when there was only "G, PG and R", none of this PG-13 crap.

You learned to swim about the same time Jaws came out and still carry the emotional scars to this day.
Old 6/19/05, 08:22 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

You know you're a child of the '80s if...
You remember Don Johnson when he was "cool"

You know who shot J.R

You remember when Michael Jackson was actually considered something of a sex symbol

You practice getting in and out of your car through the windows

You owned at least one skinny leather tie.

Your first Walkman weighed 10 pounds and was the size of a brick.

You wore L.A. Gear tennis shoes.

You know the meaning of Wax on/Wax Off

You're always "in the mood for dancing"

If you can "See Better" with sunglasses that have paint splattered all over the lenses.

You can feel St. Elmo's fire burnin' in you.

You need a shopping cart to carry your personal stereo with you.

You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before the surgery.

You go rollerskating every Friday night (not to skate, but to 'hang out')

You still want to take Karate...(after you move to California)

You watch NYPD Blue thinking, "Well, they're no Crockett and Tubbs, that's for sure".

"Outrageous!" is the term to describe something neat and cool

You think that Garbage Pail Kids are your children's worst enemy

You had a poster of Bo, Luke & Daisy Duke

There was nothing to question about Bert n' Ernie living together

The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter.

You went out and purchased the sound track for 'Miami Vice'

You remember the magazines of song lyrics

If you think Hulk Hogan is the best wrestler of all time.

If the best non-slasher movie in your opinion is An American Werewolf In London.

Two words: The Clapper.

Six words: "This is your brain on drugs."

You want to live in 'the Valley'.

Ferris Bueller was your idol.

You watched 'Star Search' on a regular basis.

Every now and then, you blurt out: "Ooh noo, Mr. Bill!!!"

If you had an entire wardrobe of Esprit clothing (or coveted one.)

If you know the words to the "Oscar Mayer" theme songs

Your bangs are teased perfectly to 7 inches above the rest of your hair.

Have multi-colored earrings that touch your shoulders

Played Upwords, Boggle or Trivial Pursuit (the original) on a rainy afternoon

You wore lace gloves with the fingers cut off, bangle bracelets up to your elbows, bright red Reebok high tops and parachute pants to a school dance

You're still bitter that WHAM broke up

You know whose phone number is 867-5309

You drink Diet Coke because Max Headroom told you to

You still watch things on Beta tapes

You have the tendency to turn up the collar of your polo shirts

You never go out for a night on the town without frosted blue eyeshadow and feathered bangs

Everything in your wardrobe is either pastel or fluorescent

People are constantly gagging you with spoons.

You know all the words to "I'm just a bill, sitting up on Capitol Hill" and "School House Rock."

The feeling in your thumb is only now just returning after holding down the Atari joystick to control the racecar in Enduro Racer

You still can't believe that Milli Vanilli was deceiving you all that time

You can sing all the words to "One Night in Bangkok" by Murray Head, and now you understand that it is about chess.

You still wear a bandana tied around your leg and/or a ponytail off-center on the side of your head.

You know who Martha Quinn is.

You still carry your boom box on your shoulder

You think David Hasselhoff was awesome in Knight Rider but stinks in "Boob Watch."

When you saw luging at the Winter Olympics you poured water down your driveway and tried it yourself.

A piece of folded paper and two hands could tell your fortune.

Knickers and leg warmers were cool

You ever wanted to learn to play "Stairway to Heaven" on the guitar and choreographed "Dancing Queen" by yourself in your room.

You had ringside seats for Luke and Laura's wedding

You ever had a Dorothy Hammill haircut.

You thought a Commodore 64 was the highest technology available

You wanted to be "The Hulk" for halloween

You want to be "Where Everybody Knows Your Name"

'A Different World' kicked butt

Remember "Dancin' to a Big Mac at McDonalds!"

You know who played Magnum P.I

One Phrase, "The Plane, The Plane"

You can name at least three members of the Brat Pack

Still think banana clips were a godsend

Still wear Wet n' Wild makeup

If your idea of hi-tech toys is still the heat-sensitive color-changing sticker on Transformers

If you remember Bruce Willis from Moonlighting, not Die Hard

You still wear your "Members Only" jacket.

You still have a couple of those barettes made of woven ribbons.

You had snap bracelets

You remember when Pee-Wee wasn't a pervert.

You had had five pairs of socks on at any given time

You still think Donkey Kong can beat Mario up

If you still have your scratch-n-sniff sticker collection

If you remember when you heard that drinking soda and eating Pop Rocks would make your stomach asplode

If you ever used Lee Press-On Nails

If you wear jelly shoes

You still play with that CASIO SK-1 Keyboard

You're still hoping for a New Kids on the Block reunion tour

You still argue over who was better: Tiffany or Debbie Gibson

Every time you hear the "OH YEAH..." song you think of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

You still watch tapes of Stingray, McGyver, and Airwolf
Old 6/19/05, 08:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

You might be a child of the 80's if...

You wanted to be on Star Search. (Didn't we all?)
You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.
You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.
You wore French rolls on the bottom of your splatter painted jeans.
You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.
You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
You can name at least half of the members of the elite "Brat Pack."
You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours.
You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."
You'll always hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool. (Was there an 80's movie she WASN'T in?)
You know what "psych" means.
You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants.
You wanted to be a Goonie ("Goonies never say die.")
You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
You ever wore fluorescent—neon if you will—clothing...
You could breakdance, or wished you could.
You know who Max Headroom is.
You know, by heart, the words to any "Weird" Al Yankovic song.
You remember when ATARI was a state-of-the-art video gaming system.
You own any cassettes or albums.
You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
You remember and/or own any of the Care Bear glass collection from Pizza Hut.
"Poltergeist" totally freaked you out.
You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox.
You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
You wanted to communicate with Synergy, or you wanted green hair like that lead singer of the Misfits.
You inserted the word "like" into, like, every sentence.
You know what a Doozer is. See Fraggle Rock.
You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
You ever had a Swatch Watch.
You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare.
You had a crush on one of the Coreys (Haim or Feldman).
You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
You had Wonder Woman or Superman Underoos.
You have worn a Banana Clip, or knew someone who did.
You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.
You have heard of "Garbage Pail Kids" (and perhaps still have a collection of them).
Extra point You have seen the Garbage Pail Kids TV show. (Only one episode was aired.)
You had a crush on Bo Derek.
Punks actually "shocked" people.
You wanted to be The Hulk or Rainbow Brite for Halloween.
You believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"
You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
You know what a "Whammy" is. ("No Whammy, no whammy, stop!")
Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.
Songs by Debbie Gibson still haunt you to this day.
3 words: "Atari" "IntelliVision" and "Coleco". Sound familiar?
You remember the days that hooking your computer into your TV wasn't an expensive option that required gadgets - it was the ONLY WAY to use your computer!
You remember "Friday Night Videos" before the days of MTV.
You ever owned a pair of "Pop-Wheels"—that handy little combination of shoe and roller skate that lasted about a year on the open market.
You're PO'd that you couldn't really participate in the 60's, pissed that you were a part of the 70's, think you wasted too much time doing stupid, meaningless things in the 80's, and still have no clue what the 90's are all about.
While in high school, you and all your friends discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the end of the century and play "1999" by Prince over and over again.
You remember when music that was labeled "alternative" really was.
You were shocked and horrified at the Challenger explosion (which you were probably watching in school at the time).
You watched HR Puffenstuff as a child, but now that you're older, you really understand that it would have been much better had you known about drugs at the time.

You've recently horrified yourself by using any one of the following phrases:
"When I was younger"
"When I was your age"
"You know, back when..."
"Because I SAID so, that's why"
"What the HECK is this noise on the radio?"
"Just can't (fill in the blank) like I used to"

You can't remember a time when "going out for coffee" DIDN'T involve 49,000 selections to choose from.
Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned the English language.
You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran Duran, Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper video.
At one point during your teenage years, you walked with a noticeable tilt to one side due to the number of plastic rings on that arm.
"Celebration" by Kool & the Gang was one of the hot new songs when you first heard it at a school dance.
The first time you ever kissed someone at a dance fell during "Crazy for You" by Madonna.
There were at least three people in your school that voluntarily went by the names of "Skip" "Buffy" "Muffy" or "Dexter."
You ever owned one of those embarrassing crimping irons.
You used to hold in your head the thought that all those gold chains on Mr. T actually looked kinda cool and the thought that Mr. T made millions seemed rational to you at the time.
You remember with pain the sad day when the Green Machine hit the streets and made your old big wheel quite obsolete.
You've gotten this far on the list and aren't totally confused.
The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter.
You read the "Hot Video Games Player's Secrets" guide for Mortal Kombat just so you could find the hidden screen, and play Pong again for old time's sake
You're starting to believe that maybe 30 isn't so old after all, and it's those people over 40 you have to look out for.
Your hair, at some point in time in the 80's, became something which can only be described by the phrase "I was experimenting."
You've ever shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton, but not in the last five years, okay?
You're starting to get that "why aren't you married yet" spiel, not just from parents, but now from friends that are married.
You ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon.
When someone mentions two consecutive days of the week, the Happy Days theme is stuck in your head for hours on end.
You remember "Hey, let's be careful out there."
You're parents wanted you to attend medical school, but you decided it was pointless since Quincy got all the babes, anyway.
You had a crush on Jon Bon Jovi, or knew someone who did.
You thought eating Reese's Pieces would attract your own Alien.
Your name is Jennifer or Jason.
You have ever called 867-5309.
You had a poster of Rob Lowe, Kirk Cameron, or Michael J. Fox on your wall.
You held the top score on Pac-Man.
You owned a t-shirt that said, "I shot J.R." or know someone who did.
This rings a bell: "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."
You HAD to have your MTV
You know what a "burnout" is.
You owned a Jordache anything, or you remember when Jordache jeans were cool.
You remember when Madonna was just hitting the scene.
You remember the original version of Windows: Macintosh.
You thought "Weird Science" was a masterpiece.
You remember any or all of the following: Echo & the Bunnymen, Cutting Crew, Scritti Politti, or Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark.
Chevy Chase was really funny in those vacation movies.
You actually know who Rick Springfield is
You remember when film critics raved that no movie could ever possibly get better special effects than those in the movie TRON.
You jammed to the Miami Vice theme and thought Jan Hammer was cool.
Guys: You remember when a guy piercing his ear was radical to the max, but did it anyhow.
Old 6/19/05, 08:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, I remember all that.

My claim to fame......I was the first person in my school to own and play Metallica. It was all uphill from there.
Old 6/19/05, 08:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by mustangfun101@June 19, 2005, 8:32 AM
Yeah, I remember all that.

My claim to fame......I was the first person in my school to own and play Metallica. It was all uphill from there.

Jebus- Mine was poison in 1987. First Thompson High School class of 1991 Fan.Then I was the first Winger and Warrant Fan....

And I never wore blue jeans- I liked to dress up!
Old 6/19/05, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I did'nt see this one on the list.........................If you can remember the names of any of the GLOW girls. (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling). Now that was high quality late night entertainment. Another one................If you ever wore a pencil thin tie to school because you thought Kevin Bacon looked cool in Footloose.
Old 6/19/05, 05:33 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by wifewantedaGT@June 19, 2005, 10:29 AM
I did'nt see this one on the list.........................If you can remember the names of any of the GLOW girls. (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling). Now that was high quality late night entertainment. Another one................If you ever wore a pencil thin tie to school because you thought Kevin Bacon looked cool in Footloose.
Ahhhh Glow. Saturday morning amusement.

Or better: roller derby on USA network
Old 6/19/05, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

I guess born in '88 doesn't count 'cause I have no idea about most of that stuff.

and to be honest with you, I'm glad I don't count.
Old 6/20/05, 02:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I know of several of these but most were before my time of comprehension. I was born in 1982 & I had a brother 10 years older. So, Star Wars, Night of the Living Dead, Cujo, Nightmare on Elm Street, & Maxium Overdrive were my fave movies.

My Childhood Consisted of:

Shera & Heman (never 1 without the other)
Smurfs
Dukes of Hazzard
The Fall Guy
The A-Team
REAL Saturday Morning Wrestling
rainbow bright & the sprits
carebears & carebear cousins
popples
barbies
strawberry shortcake
New Kids on the Block
Vanillia Ice
MC Hammer
Pop-on Braclets
Pop Rocks
Tab (Dr Pepper always was & still is my fave)
Transformers
Color Changing Hotwheels
Jelly Shoes
The Crimper
The stiff bangs that a weedwacker & a hurricane couldn't move
The Skipper (counts your skips & everything)
Large plastic Headbands
Cups that expand (anyone else remember these accordian like cups?)
Tie-Dye Shirts
Shirt Clips or tied cornors of the shirt
Short shirts ofer the black pants (made as 1 piece)
Bicycle Shorts & Pants

And these are just to name a few things from my childhood. So what does this make me? I am half between the 80's & 90's I guess. Is there a name for people raised in this time period?

Laters
Old 6/20/05, 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

My son was born in '79 and daughter in '82.

He grew up with Transformers and He-Man, She Care Bears.
Old 6/20/05, 07:56 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Kera- you are a (cough) CHILD OF THE 90S!!!!!!!!

I was born in 73...
Old 6/20/05, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
April...thanks for bring back all the joys (and sorrows ) of my childhood.
Old 6/20/05, 08:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

All its made me do is covet a Ms. Pacman machine.

I still own a stereo inside with a tape deck also- I don't think they even make those anymore.
Old 6/20/05, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

BTW, Fraggle Rock rules.

AND...
Old 6/20/05, 09:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by freebass55@June 20, 2005, 9:12 AM

BTW, Fraggle Rock rules.

AND...
Friends with Mary Jane there?
Old 6/20/05, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

I don't know what you're talking about...
Old 6/20/05, 09:43 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I still watch brat pack movies everytime they come on tv.......