General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Weekly TG reminder

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/05, 06:27 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Can a four-door saloon keep up with an Italian supercar? Jeremy Clarkson finds out when the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo goes up against the Lamborghini Murcielago; Richard Hammond and a VW Golf get zapped by 800,000 volts and James May reviews the Jaguar XJ6

Next week how much porsche can you get for 1500 quid....this one is hilarious!
Old 7/28/05, 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was out to dinner with my Aunt and Uncle until almost midnight! I haven't seen them for about 5-6 years so we had quite a bit to catch up on.

How did they like the XJ6?
Old 7/28/05, 08:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The best segment was when they compared a Lamborghini Murcielago vs a Mitsubishi EVO 8. But this wasn't any ondinary EVO 8, but the Euro-only :bang: , FQ-400. I have read about the car in EVO and CAR magazine, but to see it perform was a real eye-opener. 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, and the Lamborghini couldn't shake it off its tail on the track. The real funny thing about this car is it's name. All the publications mentioned what the intitials and number stood for The 400 stands for the car's horsepower, (out of an engine that is only 2.0 liters, incredible :shock: ), the letter Q stands for quick, so I think its safe to say you all know what the letter F stands for . All I can say about this car is, WHY ISN"T IT SOLD HERE MITSUBISHI! I just want to drive one. :bang:
Old 7/28/05, 08:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05fordgt@July 28, 2005, 10:29 AM
The best segment was when they compared a Lamborghini Murcielago vs a Mitsubishi EVO 8. But this wasn't any ondinary EVO 8, but the Euro-only :bang: , FQ-400. I have read about the car in EVO and CAR magazine, but to see it perform was a real eye-opener. 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, and the Lamborghini couldn't shake it off its tail on the track. The real funny thing about this car is it's name. All the publications mentioned what the intitials and number stood for The 400 stands for the car's horsepower, (out of an engine that is only 2.0 liters, incredible :shock: ), the letter Q stands for quick, so I think its safe to say you all know what the letter F stands for . All I can say about this car is, WHY ISN"T IT SOLD HERE MITSUBISHI! I just want to drive one. :bang:
Hey Jeff!! I think you're on to something! With Mitsu struggling so much you would think they might want to introduce it here. I'm not a Mitsu fan but that is fast! Too bad the car doesn't look a bit better. Not a fan of the current styling.

Thanks for the info!
Old 7/28/05, 04:55 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

They never showed the second half of that film about the evo that shows you how it gets beat from a 30 mhp rolling start in top gear against a crappy rental car. Or how once your off the boost the car falls on it's face, or how the clutch is useless, or the turning circle that requires 4 counties to turn it around in.

And they loved the XJ6 but said it's a Euro only car
Old 7/28/05, 05:46 PM
FR500 Member

man, i saw the episode where they punished the crap out of an old toyota truck...they drowned it, wrecked it, and even set it on fire, and it still ran through all of that
Old 7/28/05, 06:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I miss having cable!
Old 7/29/05, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by burningman@July 28, 2005, 6:58 PM
And they loved the XJ6 but said it's a Euro only car
Oh well, I guess they need something to brag about

Although I would love to see it here
Old 7/31/05, 05:38 AM

Hi,

it's a miserable wet morning here in London, could'nt get out to clean the Mustang so turned on the T.V. and there's a re-run of the episode where Sabine Schmitz takes a new Ford Transit van around the Nurburgring, i don't know if you guys have seen this one yet, but, WOW!, that woman CAN really drive.
Does she do it in less than 10 minutes? I'm not telling, that would spoil it for you!
One of my ambitions now is to go out in one of her "Ring Taxis", think i'll book up!

Regards,

Angus.

Old 7/31/05, 05:19 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
oh! i saw that part about the XJ6, well a bit anyhoo. and that greenish thing with overhead comnpartments..... and the beating to death of the toyota truck....

it was my first time seeing it....ever. its whille i was in chicago

awesom show. what channel was it again? probably something i dont get back home er here.
Old 7/31/05, 05:24 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

it's on Discovery

Angus I've seen that one..fantastic. Sabine is one amazing gal. Wonder if she'll guest drive in a few episodes!
Old 8/1/05, 01:55 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yes!!!! i get that channel! uhhh.... what time? (i dont remember anymore )
Old 8/1/05, 06:37 AM

Hi,

sorry, can't remember when that episode was first aired, but at the end of it she's introduced in the studio and Jeremy asks her what she's doing in the Autumn, so, hopefully we'll see more of her,
the bit that sticks in my mind is when the camera is on her feet, right foot is nailed to the floor all the time, she's left foot braking and really giving it everything she can!
in the studio at the end Richard asks her if she was ever scared and she admits that she was pushing it right to the limit!
Doug, do you get any of the other programs that Jeremy's made, in particular i'm thinking of Extreme Machines and Car World?
also, if you do a search for Sabine Schmitz on the net there's quite a bit of info about her,

Regards,

Angus

Old 8/2/05, 04:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The van was only about 4 weeks ago, UKmotors are getting the shows really quickly (but hey, they are just a front for the BBC to get advertising revenue anyway.......)
Old 8/2/05, 06:02 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Angus..I haven't seen Extreme machines but i have seen Jeremy Clarckson Meets the Neighbors and Motoworld. I'm assuming Car world and Motoworld are one in the same...correct me if I'm wrong.
I'll check for Sabine.
Yeah James has got it right it was only a month ago or so and she is simply amazing!
Old 8/2/05, 09:12 AM

Hi,

Extreme Machines is typical Jeremy Clarkson, but he does get to play around with some awesome stuff!! Look out for it!

wonder if there's any autographed pics. or posters anywhere of Sabine (to go on the wall in the workshop/garage)

btw, i'm in Tampa the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. anything going on? also, this'll be the first time that i've been at that time of year, what's the weather going to be like? warm and sunny?

Regards,

Angus.
Old 8/7/05, 08:55 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Angus,
I'll check for Extreme Machines!
as for the weather it should be the usual Hot and muggy.
The weather doesn't change a whole lot around here unless its the dead of winter then it's just a bit cold.

Florida the Sunshine state is really just a marketing gimmick.

I'll keep my eyes pealed for that Sabine poster and let you know if i find one