We Need fuel, We need fuel! LOL
Old 9/18/06, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry More like Jack A$$ Run .....

How can you do that on a public road. Burns me up. I get this all the time
around my neighborhood w/ dropped Honda's, Jetta's, etc .... with loud
exhaust and very little else.....

These should have their cars impounded and their licenses revoked !!!
They are just plain
Old 9/19/06, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Agleon
We Need fuel, We need fuel! LOL
lol.Does that mean the Ford gt gets better fuel economy while racing than the plastic chevy?
Old 9/20/06, 06:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, that was Camilo Pardo driving his White w/o LeMans stripes, GT. They passed a Murcielago, and a Gallardo later in the video. On Youtube, there is more footage from the Lamborghini aspect. I just wish it wasn't him driving the GT. You would think he would have more respect for the other motorists on the road. The traffic was very congested in certain areas, and they really should have dialed it down ALOT!!.
Old 9/21/06, 05:35 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Yep, that was Camilo Pardo driving his White w/o LeMans stripes, GT.
Maybe he was leading "the way forward."
Old 9/21/06, 06:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Yep, that was Camilo Pardo driving his White w/o LeMans stripes, GT.
Anyone else notice he got stuck going around the world to the right? (turn signal).
Old 9/21/06, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bobdobolina
Anyone else notice he got stuck going around the world to the right? (turn signal).
Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess he couldn't hear the clicking of the signal, with the supercharger blasting away to the right of his head.
Old 9/22/06, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

Ya i saw the lead designer right before that run believe it or not. I gave him the nod just before he got on the freeway, he nodded back. I was gonna hop on but i had to go to work. Thats so weird i saw him right before that run. By the way that is I-94 in Detroit and they go all the way to Taylor michigan. that is usually a 10-15 minute commute, lol. If only i didnt have to work.
Old 9/22/06, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, I sincerely agree with every critical word that everyone has said. It was incredibly stupid, dangerous, and without respect to human life. The drivers should be jailed accordingly.

But OMG! did that look fun or what!!!!? It gave me goose bumps just to watch! Can you imagine their adrenalin levels, given the genuine danger that they were in, combined with the knowledge that they could potentially (or probably) hurt someone else, destroy their cars, or go to jail? Or all three? It's only fun till someone puts an eye out.

I'm gonna watch it again.
Old 9/23/06, 12:47 AM
Cobra Member

True, that's both dangerous and exciting. But the video underscores the complete lack of lane discipline by the other drivers. You don't see that on European freeways, toll roads or autobahns. When will we ever learn?
Old 9/23/06, 09:23 AM

Slower traffic keep right!
Old 9/23/06, 10:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by scottie1113
But the video underscores the complete lack of lane discipline by the other drivers. You don't see that on European freeways, toll roads or autobahns. When will we ever learn?
When the cops start issuing tickets for it. How many people do you know that have had speeding tickets. Probably a fair amount. Now how many have ever had a ticket issued for being in the wrong lane of traffic that you know? All it would take is a small bit of enforcement and word would spread quick enough to coworkers and friends. Then people might pay more attention to what lane they are in and where they should be. Would also be nice to hear tailgating tickets being given out. Over in Germany, I frequently saw markers on the road used by cops to see if people were tailgating. Very simple system, paint a series of lines, and once the rear bumper of the car passes the last line, the other car is tailgating if it's front bumper is past the first line.

It does work too. A guy I was riding with from New York to Ohio was pulled over somewhere along the way. He got a ticket not for speeding (as he wasn't at the time), but instead because he was in the left lane with no visible traffic in the right lane. He kept to the right after that except when passing for the rest of the trip.

It was an eye opening experience to ride a motorcycle around south Germany and Switzerland. People on the road there followed the basic rules of traffic so much better then people in the US, and also they were nice to motorcyclists. One time on a two lane road in the alps, the car in front of me started driving partially on the shoulder. I thought he wasn't paying attention at first, then realized he was moving over to allow room for me to pass without crossing the middle line. After that, I spotted drivers doing that quite frequently for myself or others. Was really cool to see, and helped me really enjoy the twisty curves of the alps roads without having to worry about passing all the time.
Old 9/23/06, 12:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lane discipline would make this much safer... for the people in the right lane. The roads that I've seen in Detroit suck. Looks like fun. Slower traffic keep right.
Old 9/23/06, 01:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Am I the only one who noticed that the GT seemed to really out accellerate the Z06?
Old 9/23/06, 02:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Seemed as though once the traffic opened up and he layed on the GT, he could leave the z06 fairly well. Once the z06 got on it he seemed to be able to keep pace, but definitely not gain.

OH yea, stupid move on their parts.

Great seeing the GT empty it's bladder on the bowtie though I must admit.

Old 9/23/06, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome video. Cars sound nice, and nobody got hurt.

Honestly, what do you guys think of the old Cannonball Run, then? They went a lot faster and in much more dangerous cars.
Old 9/24/06, 12:59 AM
Cobra Member

Ah, the Old Cannonball Sea to Sea Memorial Trophy Dash! It was named after Cannonball Baker who had set the cross country record on a motorcycle in I believe the 30's and on mostly dirt roads.

The year that Brock Yates and Dan Gurney won it they narrowly beat out a couple of guys who were ferrying a Cadillac from NY to CA, a ride they had found through a newspaper ad.

They weren't supposed to exceed the speed limit or drive at night and they would have won if they hadn't missed their freeway exit. Then their problem was what to do for a week until they day they were supposed to arrive rolled around.

After Gurney got a speeding ticket in Arizona the officer asked him how fast the Daytona would go. When he had left Gurney and Yates looked at each and said "let's find out". Turned it out was "only" 174. If I remember correctly their average speed was 88 moh.

Sorry for the thread hijack!
Old 9/25/06, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

230 kph = 143 mph....in Detroit traffic.

Idiots!!! Good thing they weren't tearing through Chicago like that and endangering my family's lives....."He pulls a knife you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way."
Old 9/25/06, 10:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by steevr
230 kph = 143 mph....in Detroit traffic.

Idiots!!! Good thing they weren't tearing through Chicago like that and endangering my family's lives....."He pulls a knife you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way."
Fitty Cent? Is that you?