General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

This video saddens me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/06, 10:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This video saddens me!!!!

I know this has nothing to do with GT500's. But I hear lots of people talking about street racing. Here's a video of a couple idiots in at Z06 vs Ford GT video. Thankfully, no accidents. Some people live their lives as if they're playing a video game. In a video game though, you just hit play again after your killed. Absolutely no regards for the people around them. Dumba$$s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICLw_Y-WuuI
Old 9/15/06, 10:59 PM
FR500 Member

While I don't condone that kind of jacka$$ery - esp. on public roads, I must admit to enjoying listening to their run. I'm surprised they could do that for that amount of time! The area must not be well-patrolled. What saddens me even more, is that even bigger fools in far less capable vehicles do the same thing. Out here that usually means Hondas. Sport bikes do that a lot too. All it takes is just one mistake by any vehicle on the road... very irresponsible. Maybe they were just lucky they didn't learn the hard way that there is no reset button.
Old 9/15/06, 11:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dude even talks on his cell phone...............
Old 9/16/06, 01:52 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

thats the bullrun, kind of like the gumball 3000, hence the reason they passed a lambo and what looked like a Ferrari (dont know Id have to play it back), lots of fun, I am going on another similar one in a couple of weeks. While the objective isnt speed, as you are penalized for arriving at your destination before you are suppose to, people really do get on these cars real hard. The main goal is simply accuracy, to not only be the first one to the end and each destination but to do so as close to the time that you are suppose to arrive and perfectly navigate and drive your way there. Some people are idiots though and crash. Depending on the run the rules vary, some are more strict, like the one coming up for instance; if you wreck or get a ticket or do get busted for anything illegal in or out of your car during the course of the event you are automatically disqualified.
Old 9/16/06, 05:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
if you wreck or get a ticket or do get busted for anything illegal in or out of your car during the course of the event you are automatically disqualified.
Well I would hate for them to get disqualified and accidently kill someone and spend the rest of thier lives in prison..

I'm Surprised they never caught a cop, or that no one ever called them in
Old 9/16/06, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They were driving the cars like they were meant to be driven. Too bad that we don't have an autobahn here in the USA because those guys have more money than brains.
Old 9/16/06, 06:34 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
... because those guys have more money than brains.
It's not a hard choice. I'll take the money and the Ford GT.

Old 9/16/06, 07:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
so its like Test Drive.....nice.....you'd think the police would know about this stuff
Old 9/16/06, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

Way to much power to be driving for that length of time with the traffic.

But the power is like whoa........
Old 9/16/06, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It's not a hard choice. I'll take the money and the Ford GT.

Old 9/16/06, 07:50 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reminds me of my daily commute... but they are going ~60 MPH faster.
Old 9/17/06, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94
so its like Test Drive.....nice.....you'd think the police would know about this stuff
the drivers dont even know the route to be taken to the next check point or even where that check point is until they get to each one
Old 9/17/06, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94
Well I would hate for them to get disqualified and accidently kill someone and spend the rest of thier lives in prison..

I'm Surprised they never caught a cop, or that no one ever called them in
well thats why they say youll get disqualified, to discourage this type of driving from those that dont care about wrecking their car or tickets, and there are plenty of people out there (especially those that do these runs) that dont care) they have enough money to pay the ticket and replace the car, and they do have more money than brains.
Old 9/17/06, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
loosers, that was way to long and too much weaving in traffic, not safe , dumb, hopefully they wont kill someone www.wreckedexotics.com
Old 9/17/06, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

ugh... leave it up to a foreigner to carelessly weave through Detriot traffic at 200 miles per hour.

Yeah, Wrecked Exotics is a fantastic website. Helps remind you not to speed on public streets. Also, is a good source for which sportcars NOT to buy. Really turned me off of the Porsche Boxster after seeing photos of one wrapped around a bridge pylon. The car body looked fine except for the fact that the drivers door was touching the passenger door! Ouch!
Old 9/17/06, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

The guy in the Z06 says that they are following the Chief Designer of the FORD GT.

I understand these cars are meant to be driven in this manner. My only concern is that the people on the streets are not used to someone comming up from behind them going 100 miles per hours faster than them. One small mistake from the other drivers, and the FORD GT or the Z06 is airborne!!!! Dead. Regardless of your driving experiance, you still can't predict what someone else will do on the road.
Old 9/18/06, 05:52 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Route 66
The guy in the Z06 says that they are following the Chief Designer of the FORD GT.

I understand these cars are meant to be driven in this manner. My only concern is that the people on the streets are not used to someone comming up from behind them going 100 miles per hours faster than them. One small mistake from the other drivers, and the FORD GT or the Z06 is airborne!!!! Dead. Regardless of your driving experiance, you still can't predict what someone else will do on the road.
That's why professional race car drivers usually know better than to ever do something this stupid.
Old 9/18/06, 06:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Route 66

Very true
Old 9/18/06, 05:14 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The guy in the Z06 says that they are following the Chief Designer of the FORD GT...

The Chief Designer no less. Impressive!
I bet he french kisses his mirrors and falls in love... everyday!

Old 9/18/06, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
Very true
+1 - I ride a sportbike and it's not so much me I'm worring about - you can never predict what other driver's are going to do - ALWAYS expect the unexpected from other drivers......all it takes is one lazy driver to initiate a lane change without first looking and no turn signal......

Quick Reply: This video saddens me!!!!