General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

The vandal that didn't get away...

Search this Thread

Old 9/26/05, 02:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many times do you hear of peoples cars getting damaged in the middle of the night and no one is ever caught ??.....

Well, the other morning (2:30am), as i climbed into bed, i hear this loud banging noise coming from outside my house. Instinctively i grabbed my Sig Sauer 9mm and bolted to the front door. As i was unlocking the door, i hear my lady yell "They're kicking your car!" I run outside to find 3 punks in an SUV right next to my '73 Duster getting ready to split. Well, they never got the chance to put in in drive. I yanked the passenger side door open and told the driver to shut the engine off and to get the f&%k out of the truck. All the knuckleheads just froze.

Now, i don't know if it was because i was standing there in my boxers or because of the Sig Sauer. Either way, they complied. Told the driver to fork over his drivers license and once he did i told them "Now you CAN'T go anywhere.....i know who you are. At that point, i told them to stay put and i went in the house to put the gun away and to throw on some shorts and a tee. When i came back out, about 9 cop cars came screaming down the block. As they pulled up, i held up my ID and told them i was the homeowner who called it in. The cops were great....they told me that those kids weren't going anywhere until they found out who was doing the damage. After about 5 minutes, one of the kids rolls on the other and the punk admits to doing the damage. So, cop asks me if i wanna have him arrested for Criminal Mischief" and of course i say "yes". Cop says, "Hey, i don't blame you, this is your personal property and these guys shouldn't be touching it".

So, the one kid gets arrested and is hauled away. The others are questioned, have their info taken, and released.

Well, the next step for me is to pay a visit to the parents of all those involved. I'll be giving the punks father the estimate for the damage his lil' "bundle of joy" caused.
.....punks picked the wrong house that night !!

NOTE: I know we're not talking a Mustang getting damaged here but it's a car none the less. I see too many threads here where people find damage but no one to blame. Just thought i'd share a score for us good guys.

P.S.: I'll be keeping my future mustang under lock & key in the garage.
Old 9/26/05, 06:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Great story! It is still a duster and that is one less person out there that thinks they can get away with doing that to other people's cars. Plus two eyewitnesses that probably will not accompany anyone else that wants to "have a little fun."

:cop:
Old 9/26/05, 06:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great story. Glad to see the punks get caught, and get what they deserve.
Old 9/26/05, 08:09 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to see they got whats coming to em.

and how much self control did it take not to just peg one in the leg with the Sauer? i woulda freaked

in any case, its good to see that not every punk is getting away with it
Old 9/26/05, 08:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

You are my HERO!!! That was awesome man! Too bad one of the punks didn't wet his pants that would have made for the ultimate payback
Old 9/26/05, 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@September 26, 2005, 8:45 AM
You are my HERO!!! That was awesome man! Too bad one of the punks didn't wet his pants that would have made for the ultimate payback

I'll second that!!! That's awesome!!!!
Old 9/26/05, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Hah! Justice is served!
I'm glad you were able to catch those creeps in the act. Was your Duster damaged badly? Were they neighborhood kids?
Old 9/26/05, 05:38 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome stuff!

I wonder what their undies looked like when they saw the gun in their face.

Keep us posted on how things go with the parents. Hopefully they will discipline that punk for his stupidity.

Knowing my temper I probably wouldn't have been as restrained.
Old 9/26/05, 06:37 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i guarantee you his tidy whities arent so tidy anymore
Old 9/26/05, 06:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Glad to hear they didn't get away with it! How badly was it damaged?

Just out of curiousity, 226 or 228? (Not that it matters, they are both great).
Old 9/26/05, 11:05 PM
Number Cruncher

I'd be interested to find out what earthly reason anyone could have for attacking a poor defenseless car in the middle of the night. Did your Duster somehow offend him?
Seriously, I'm always happy when one of these wet ends gets caught.
Caught one myself, a few years back, punching holes in my Ranger's tires. I didn't have a gun, just a baseball bat. Him and his buddy were both blubbering by the time the cops got there (I never laid a hand (or bat) on them).
They got their day in court. Turns out to be their first offense. Neither of them was older than 16. Couldn't give a coherent reason for what they did. Just really, really sorry for what they did. Final tally for a senseless act, 6-months weekend community service, and pay restitution to me and my insurance company.
Old 9/27/05, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I feel the same way Vincent Vega did in "Pulp Fiction". It would be worth it to catch someone in the act. Way to go Cobra! Teach those punks a lesson.
Old 9/27/05, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

AWESOME story.

So, how big were their eyes when they discovered a 9mm staring down at them?
Old 9/27/05, 12:35 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good for you, I would've probably done the same thing, except it would've been with a G26. Did the police say anything to you about pulling out a gun when your life was not necessarily in jeopardy? Or, for 'playing cop'?

Don't take that the wrong way, I think you did the right thing. I'm just surprised you didn't get in any trouble - and I'm glad you didn't.
I think there should be more people like you and those particular police officers.

Where are you located?
Old 9/27/05, 04:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, here's an update but i'll answer some questions 1st.

It was my trusty P-228 with night sights. Duster suffered some body damage where the side view mirror mounts and the mirror itself. Also, the door is scuffed where his shoe ran down the door from the kicks.
As for the legal firearm, cops were cool as heck and told the kids they were lucky to be alive. I'm writing the Commanding Officer of the precinct where those cops work out of a nice letter. They desreve an "attaboy" for the way they handled things. I live in NY.

Here's the latest.....

Ok, talked to all the parents yesterday and it went ok.

I basically told the 2 kids (that weren't directly involved) and their parents that i now know where they live so the teams are even. Also told them that they were now banned from driving on my street. Their privlages are now revoked.

As for the kid who did the damage, i spoke with his father. Bottom line is he's paying for the damages and we haven't spoken about how life around here is gonna change. I'll be paying him a visit tomorrow with the estimate.
Old 9/27/05, 04:58 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, with the exception of the damage to your Duster, it sounds like this all worked out awesome. I'm really surprised that things worked out that well in NY. Good for you. You've done a great job of handling the situation, I'll bet these kids will think twice - err, 3 or 4 times - before doing something like that again.
Old 9/27/05, 05:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Good job! I love it when sneaky lil punks get what they deserve. I answered a call one night regarding someone who found a punk driving his truck which was stolen earlier that day. The punk wouldn't stop so the owner ran him off the off the road, put a little smack down on him and tied him up so tight with netting and tie down straps that he couldn't even move his fingers. I have no problem with a property owner defending his property.
Old 9/27/05, 07:55 PM
GT Member

Do you have any pics of you in your undies?

Umm that's a joke, I really don't wanna see any!
Old 9/28/05, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Glad it worked out and there wasn't more damage to the Duster. You showed more restraint than I would have given the circumstances.
Old 9/29/05, 10:12 PM
Cobra Member

That is a great story -- I am glad you caught them in the act and it sounds like you handled everything really well (including giving atta-boys to the cops).

But, really, what the heII is wrong with people today? How is it cool, or fun, or anything to beat up on someone else's property? I am so disgusted with people like that!!!

Quick Reply: The vandal that didn't get away...