General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Vancouver car show observations...

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/07, 02:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vancouver car show observations...

Just some observations from the annual vancouver car show...

-the biggest crowd was around the new dodge challenger (orange and drop dead wicked looking)...looks even better in person...
-next biggest crowd was around a white/blue shelby gt 500 (just don't see many in the wild here in vancouver b.c.)
-the new camaro (silver concept) had zero people looking at it...maybe it was just bad timing on my part (mid sat afternoon) but i was surprized to see just myself with any interest...
-bwm and toyota both had hugh crowds,gm and hyundia the least...note to toyota (like they need my help) put the gauges back over drivers side of yaris,you will sell way more...
-the new focus was on display...(center spinning platforum) and only me and one other couple where looking (she said she didn't like chrome intake thing in front fender)...i don't know what ford was thinking when they made this thing,but it's ugly and i can't see it doing very well...
-lots of trucks/suv/crossovers (i still call em station wagons) it's canada,what can i say but that we like are trucks...i personally didn;t like the look of new tundra,and thought pull up handle really gets in way of view (you would have to sit in one to relate)...i really liked the edge,it seemed well made with nice interior appointments
-new 2 door nissan altima was on display...looked pretty nice (looked a lot like first gen toyota solara)
-blue seems to be making a big comeback after years of every shade of silver possible...note to auto makers,why do you think us canadians like the fire engine red colour...we don't!!! please stop
-is it me or are tires getting bigger and bigger and bigger
-al gore would have loved show (if he could find way out of his mansion so he could go buy more carbon credits) it was hybrid this and that (who cared the fact the prius used more resources and will he harder to environment over it's lifetime then some full size pickup's)
-rant rant ...ethanol cars use corn...corn has more then doubled in value...do we really want to make a main food source that much more expensive?

all in all a good show...and was nice to see some new cars...but show stealer this year was the challenger...
Old 4/1/07, 11:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
pics????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 4/1/07, 03:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
pics????????????????????????????????????????????
forgot cam...
Old 4/1/07, 07:23 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vancouver International Auto Show Pics...

That's OK...I didn't...

Pics here.