General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Urban Education

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/05, 06:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by godsharif+April 28, 2005, 7:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(godsharif @ April 28, 2005, 7:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal@April 28, 2005, 6:11 PM
um. ok.

I thought we were talking about people that use the word bling, fo shizzle, and such. I never mentioned race.
Man u know what the f@ck you're saying. Man up and say it. Every word mentioned in this thread comes from the African-American community. Bling on this site is always...always used in a derogatory manner which tends to make me believe that the user has a very derogatory view of African-American culture. I know it pisses a lot of people off how prevelant the effect of "rap" culture is on popular cutlure. Though poo. But hey you don't have to mention race its implied.
[/b][/quote]

Old 4/28/05, 06:50 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by godsharif+April 28, 2005, 6:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(godsharif @ April 28, 2005, 6:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man u know what the f@ck you're saying. Man up and say it. Every word mentioned in this thread comes from the African-American community. Bling on this site is always...always used in a derogatory manner which tends to make me believe that the user has a very derogatory view of African-American culture. I know it pisses a lot of people off how prevelant the effect of "rap" culture is on popular cutlure. Though poo. But hey you don't have to mention race its implied.
[/b]

I could ask you what the heck you are saying. :scratch:

You were the first one to bring up race... here is the first line of this entire thread written by the Professor of Bling himself, that being you:

<!--QuoteBegin-godsharif
@April 27, 2005, 11:28 PM
Come out of the time warp, only middle aged white guys say "bling" and "that's money" in an attemp to be cool. :bang: . [/quote]

And you are talking to us about being racially derogatory? You are the one who brought up race in the first place. You can say "white" but we can't say "black"? The fact is that the word "bling" is an ignorant slang word that was made up by black people and is used by black people. Simple as that. If you bring up the word bling, the word black will be soon to follow.
Old 4/28/05, 06:51 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by godsharif@April 28, 2005, 6:41 PM
Every word mentioned in this thread comes from the African-American community.

And by the way, the word bling was started by Jamaicans, not African Americans. Get your facts straight.
Old 4/28/05, 07:04 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by celticstanger+April 28, 2005, 6:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(celticstanger @ April 28, 2005, 6:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-05GT-O.C.D.@April 28, 2005, 5:06 PM
Surfn, I think he means misread the last part "a group of people who pride themselves in sounding uneducated..."

Someone may misread that as black people rather than just ghetto, disrespectful, unmotivated people, regardless of race.

Is this thing locked yet?
Exactly. Thought if I put my comments there, it'd reduce the chances of that happening.

Why lock the thread? No-one's fighting and the phrase in question is oft used on the site. Might not be so bad to discuss, so long as civility remains?
[/b][/quote]

Now do you see why I said lock it? Jeesh, never saw the possibility of this thread turning ugly. (sarcasm) You were right, but the civility's gone now. It's funny how the only things I've thing the topic starter post have ended up taking threads in this sad direction.

On a different note:
Just a general observation about life: It's funny how people only tend to get offended when the things being said are true.
Old 4/28/05, 07:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Locking:
Requested and I agree