General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Toyota's Shiny Happy People . . .

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 05:35 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
from autoextremist.com

by Peter M. DeLorenzo

Toyota's Shiny Happy People Peg the Stupid Meter.

Detroit. Okay, we get the fact that Toyota is the Greatest Car Company in the World. They have raised building quality cars to an art form, they have an uncanny knack for nailing market segments right out of the box, and they've managed to convince millions of Americans that the rolling equivalent of automotive vanilla is preferable to just about any other cars and trucks out there, becoming, in effect, America's car company. On top of all of that, they've even managed to redefine the luxury and near-luxury segments with Lexus, they've turned the entry-level market segment upside down in their spare time with Scion, and they've brainwashed everyone who will listen that they're the only car company in the world capable of building hybrids. Toyota is expected to equal GM's 15 percent share of the world auto market by 2008 - and blow right by GM by 2010. When you have all of that going for you, what's left to worry about?

Plenty, apparently.

Companies dealing from this position of overwhelming strength are usually concerned about things such as maintaining their focus, keeping from falling into a pattern of complacency or improving the designs of their products - all of which Toyota is doing as you read this.

But there's one overriding issue that keeps Toyota executives in Japan awake at night - and that is the fear that a protectionist political movement might gain momentum in Washington, because Toyota is steamrolling through the U.S. market seemingly at will, while Ford and General Motors are slumped against the ropes. In order to counteract any winds blowing in the protectionist direction, Toyota has taken great pains over the last 25 years to build factories and an organizational structure here employing thousands of Americans and in short, doing everything in their power to convey to consumers and legislators alike that they are, in fact, an American company. And they've done a **** fine job of it too.

I've often said that Toyota has the most masterful Public Relations operatives in the automotive world, and they have been exceedingly successful at convincing everyone who will listen that they're the Jolly Green Car Company - a wonderfully benign automotive entity filled with Shiny Happy People out to convince us all that if we'd just drink the extra-special Toyota Kool-Aid, we can all be shiny and happy too.

And therein lies the rub with Toyota. I don't begrudge them the success they have at all. Toyota is focused, they're unbelievably consistent, they are relentless in identifying what people want, they execute almost flawlessly, and they simply do things better than just about everyone else in the business. I happen to equate 99 percent of their products to motorized pabulum, but apparently anesthetized transportation rings true for a lot of people in this country - and so be it. But Toyota has a very annoying habit of talking out of both sides of their corporate mouth.

On the one hand, they try to project themselves as being the "Mr. Green Jeans" car company, seducing every half-baked Hollywood type into thinking that their Prius (and new Lexus SUV) hybrids are the greatest things since sliced bread and that no other car manufacturer in the world can touch them. On the other, Toyota builds a growing number of large, gas-gulping SUVs and trucks that they conveniently neglect to talk about - as if no one will notice. And for the most part, they get away with it - as the media relentlessly hypes Toyota's hybrids, while ignoring the fact that their trucks and SUVs are just as inefficient as everyone else's.

And on the one hand, Toyota keeps opening cans of Whup-*** on America's hometown automakers, exploiting their built-in price advantage for all it's worth, while on the other, they turn around and try to make "nice" by putting a creative new spin on an old tactic. The latest evidence? According to a report in last Friday's Asahi daily, Toyota is planning to raise the prices of its new cars in the United States by an average two to three percent in October because the company is "concerned" with its struggling U.S. rivals. Even though Toyota spokespeople took great pains to deny any such action was imminent, Toyota Chairman Hiroshi Okuda has been telegraphing the fact that this was coming for months now, going on record a couple of times that Toyota could "help" America's struggling automakers by raising the prices of their cars and trucks.

An altruistic gesture on Toyota's part? Right.

First of all, it's no secret that car and truck prices are raised to a varying degree at new model year introduction, which is still predominantly in the fall. Car companies annually factor in higher material costs, more standard equipment and whatever else they feel like covering in their sticker prices - and prices go up. Lately, some car companies have even resorted to raising prices just so that it could appear that they were giving deeper discounts.

So, Toyota's move is not only nothing special, it passes for standard operating procedure in the car biz. Not only that, but by raising prices, there's the built-in little side benefit that Toyota will make even more money now too. How convenient.

Yet, Toyota is hell-bent on convincing anyone who will listen that they are raising prices strictly out of the goodness of their hearts in order to help out poor, downtrodden Detroit.

But it just doesn't wash.

Toyota raising their prices and then telling us all it will be for Detroit's own good is like going to the dentist and hearing, "this will sting a little bit" just as they start a root canal.

Toyota's Shiny Happy People in PR (aka "The Master Manipulators") will be working overtime on this one, but there's no concealing the fact that this stunt pegs the stupid meter - no matter how hard they try to spin it.

Thanks for listening, see you next Wednesday.
Old 6/15/05, 06:14 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well written article, I cannot really disagree with anything in it. It is wierd though, that Toyota are no where as near as successful here, I think Honda beat then in sales. But then we have the amazing french autos....... :bang:
Old 6/15/05, 06:22 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, I wonder what Honda thinks about that hybrid comment considering that Honda makes 3 different hybrids compared to Toyota's one (one with problems at that).
Old 6/15/05, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great read, and some very astute observations. Thanks.
Old 6/15/05, 07:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by holderca1@June 15, 2005, 8:25 AM
Hmm, I wonder what Honda thinks about that hybrid comment considering that Honda makes 3 different hybrids compared to Toyota's one (one with problems at that).
You're absolutely right about that hybrid. First it takes them 2 years to release information to emergency services for extrication and now they're stalling on the roads (so is toyo about recalling them) With the recall of the Prius this will be 6 in just over 6 months.

On top of that theres the safety issues going on, I won't go into detail on that again theres information about that all over the net, in their corporation with their other vehicles.

This guy is absolutely correct on the fact that toyo is very "sleazy" in my opinion. Their trucks are no more economical than any other brand of vehicles, yet another reason I personally cannot trust this company, but they still insist that they are more economically friendly.

I do however disagree with the opinion of toyo continuing to rise if they continue to have these problems. I see the only thing them steamrolling is there own company if they continue this way of business. As they always say, "the bigger they are the harder they fall."

When I think about toyo's problems lately it is very reminiscent of the problems VW had with quality during the early and mid 90's (which no one thought would affect them, but we all know it did).

Hopefully people will start seeing this and realize not to purchase these vehicles. And I believe people are starting to remove their rose colored glasses and really seeing what is going on.

I will give Honda, Subaru, GMC, Ford, VW, and many other companies business but I will never give toyota or mitsubishi one red cent :nono:

Nice find Jason

In the words of Forrest Gump:
"Thats all I have to say about that." :flag2:
Old 6/15/05, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Read through some of the engine complaints on this page:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ta_engine.html

There's also more links to Toyota complaints on the page as well.

Toyota's aren't bad cars but they certainly aren't the paragon of quality that everyone thinks they are.
Old 6/15/05, 08:46 AM

I saw that Toyota truck commercial where they say it has better quality than a F-150 and shows the F-150 getting towed away. I laughed to myself thinking, hmm, which has been recalled and when one hasn't? Yeah, lets keep misinforming the public.
Old 6/15/05, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TomServo92@June 15, 2005, 10:47 AM
Read through some of the engine complaints on this page:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ta_engine.html

There's also more links to Toyota complaints on the page as well.

Toyota's aren't bad cars but they certainly aren't the paragon of quality that everyone thinks they are.
Yeah, that was the "sludge" problem they had. A co workers son had to deal with that issue.

Nice find man
Old 6/15/05, 11:11 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by TomServo92@June 15, 2005, 8:47 AM
Um ... yes they are.
I'm gonna be completely honest with you - I would be on Ford's side in most cases. Surprised? Yeah, I'm the only guy on this forum who's defending Toyota's side. I never liked Toyota before (I don't like them much now either), but I do have a lot of respect for them. In pretty much every car and suv comparison Toyota/Lexus will win. Every time Car and Driver tests Lexus against Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Cadillac ... competition Lexus always win. They also recently tested best $30,000 sedans - Avalon won in front of 300, Maxima, 500, LaCrosse and Amanti. Now in truck business, they're relatively new and you can't do anything overnight, so domestic companies are still best in that business.
I like my Camry, but I don't enjoy driving her. Both Mustang and Intrepid are more fun to drive and I enjoy a lot more driving them instead of Camry. But when it comes to engine quality Carmy is way ahead of both Mustang and Intrepid, even though it have almost same mileage than Mustang and Intrepid together.
I'm looking to buy Lincoln Navigator now and I'm looking to trade one of my cars. I never even though about trading Camry, its gonna be either Mustang or Intrepid. I wanna trade cars that I like and I wanna keep car that I don't like, all because of awesome quality of engine.
Old 6/15/05, 11:22 AM
Post *****

from . . http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...16/081734.html

Strategic Vision Reports Quality Vehicle Winners

2005 Pontiac G6 Beat Rivals Honda and Toyota

SAN DIEGO--May 1, 20056, 2005--Drawing a blueprint for domestics on company turnaround, Nissan North America led five segments (one a tie) on Strategic Vision's 2005 Total Quality Index™ (TQI). General Motors products also led five segments (one a tie) according to new owners, the San Diego-based research firm announced today.

"The common thread in Nissan and Infiniti models is superior delivery of power, style and innovation, " says Strategic Vision vice president Daniel Gorrell, "that create a strong emotional response in new owners. The company's strongly focused product effort suggests a route struggling domestic companies might follow."

Several new GM products took top honors in their segments. Pontiac's G6 medium sedan won out over Toyota and Honda entries, as did the Buick Rainier medium sport utility vehicle (SUV).

No one corporation dominated, with Toyota leading four segments (2 ties), BMW three (1 tie) Ford three (2 ties), Hyundai two (1 tie), and Honda, Chrysler and Land Rover one each. After a year out of the winner's circle, BMW reemerged as the top-scoring brand. Nissan North America led as best full-line corporation.

Total Quality, the premier measure of new vehicle owner satisfaction, assesses the complete ownership experience, from buying and owning to driving new vehicles. This is how buyers gauge quality, including attributes and the emotional response to vehicle.

Buyers rated the following vehicles tops in their segments: (closely ranked scores, if the differences are not statistically significant, are considered ties)

Small Car Ford Focus/Hyundai
Accent/Mazda3 (tie) 860 / 859 / 859

Small Multi-Function (MFV)(a) Chrysler PT Cruiser /
Scion xB (tie) 843 / 842

Medium Car Pontiac G6 875

Large Car Ford 500 / Nissan
Maxima (tie) 886 / 886

Small Specialty -$25,000 Ford Mustang 915

Small Specialty +$25,000 Chevrolet Corvette() 905

Near-Luxury Car BMW 3-Series 934

Luxury Car BMW 5-Series / Lexus LS
430() (tie) 911 / 910

Convertible (-$30,000) Mini Cooper Convertible 891

Convertible (+$30,000) Lexus SC 430 920

Minivan Honda Odyssey() 861

Small SUV Hyundai Tucson 879

Medium Crossover(a) Nissan Murano() 880

Medium SUV Buick Rainier 879

Large SUV Nissan Armada 906

Near-Luxury SUV Infiniti FX() 906

Luxury SUV Range Rover/Hummer
H2/Escalade() (tie) 908 / 907 / 906

Compact Pickup Toyota Tacoma 852

Large Pickup Nissan Titan 893

Heavy Duty Pickup GMC Sierra 2500/3500 883

(a) New segment in 2005
() 2004 Total Quality Award™ winner

New this year are multi-function vehicle (MFV) categories. Not all garnered awards as these segments are still developing. A medium crossover class makes its debut this year as well. "Trying to peg the growing number of these 'capable cars' into traditional categories just didn't make sense," says Gorrell.

"Buyers' rational and emotional needs differ from vehicle segment to segment," says Strategic Vision president Dr. Darrel Edwards. "Psychologically, MFV buyers' emotional needs and responses to the vehicles are so different from those associated with purchases of traditional SUVs that it only made sense to create separate classes that capture those differences."

More than 40,793 buyers who bought 2005 models in October and November of 2004 supplied data. "We gather comprehensive data that reflects the breadth and depth of the ownership experience, including emotions. The information is used to calculate 'Total Quality' indices. These integrated relationships between attributes and emotions mirror how people respond to their new vehicle. Those product and performance characteristics that deliver more desired emotions more strongly impact the perception of Total Quality," opines Dr. Edwards.

"As the number of new vehicles and segments continues to grow, understanding the emotional needs of buyers in each segment will be critical," continues Dr. Edwards. "Successful companies will be able to deliver products generating such positive emotional experiences that they delight their customer. That builds loyalty with significant monetary implications."

Strategic Vision has calculated the Total Quality Index™ annually since 1995. In addition, the firm releases a Total Value Index™ and a Total Delight Index™ that focus on different aspects of new vehicle owners' experiences.

Since its incorporation in 1986, the research-based consultancy that was founded in 1972 has studied consumer and constituent decision-making for a wide variety of clients, including most auto manufacturers, Coca-Cola, American Airlines, and Procter and Gamble, among many. Its unique expertise is identifying consumers' motivational hierarchies, including the values and emotions that drive perceptions and behavior.
Old 6/15/05, 11:25 AM
Post *****

to be fair . .

from . . http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/18/Autos/quality_study/

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - For the second year in a row, the Lexus SC 430 ranked as the most reliable new car on the market, according to a study released Wednesday.

Lexus is Toyota's luxury brand.

J.D. Power's annual Initial Quality Study said owners of an SC 430 reported 54 problems per 100 vehicles in the first 90 days of ownership. (The average number of reported defects across the industry is 118 problems per 100 cars.)

Other Toyota models scored high marks as well, coming in first in another 9 out of 18 model segments. The Prius (compact car), the Scion tC (Sporty Car) and Toyota RAV4 (Entry SUV) all placed first in their segment.

General Motors also made a strong showing, placing five models at the top of their section including the Chevrolet Malibu/Malibu Maxx (Entry Midsize Car), Buick Century (Premium Midsize Car) and Chevrolet Suburban (Full-Size SUV).

Ford captured the top spot in two segments, with the Ford Explorer Sport Trac for most reliable new Midsize Pickup and Ford F-150 LD for Full-Size Pickup.

Nissan made the most improvements with the Quest. The Kia Spectra, the HUMMER H2, and the Scion xA also made notable improvements, according to the study.

The industry overall made only a slight quality improvement this year, recording less than one percent fewer problems compared to 2004.

But staff at J.D. Power said the low improvement rate in 2005 should not be taken as a sign that high quality has been reached.

"Even though the 2005 results may suggest a plateau in quality, manufacturers should not become complacent," said the market research firm's Chance Parker, noting that similar plateau's had been reached twice in the past, each year followed by big gains in quality. "Car companies that take their eye off the ball risk being left behind."

The study measured 135 specific areas across nine broad categories including ride/handling/braking, engine and transmission, and a range of quality problems symptoms reported by vehicle owners.

It is based on responses from more than 62,000 purchasers and lessees of new 2005 model-year cars and trucks, who were surveyed after 90 days of ownership.
Old 6/15/05, 11:33 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Cars on that list like Pontiac G6 and Ford 500 are on market for only 9 months or so. You're not supposed to check quality after 1 year and 10,000 miles because most of cars in that period won't have any problems.
Check quality after 5-8 years and 100,000 - 150,000 miles. That will show real winner.
Old 6/15/05, 12:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@June 15, 2005, 1:25 PM
from . . http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...16/081734.html

Strategic Vision Reports Quality Vehicle Winners
2005 Pontiac G6 Beat Rivals Honda and Toyota

SAN DIEGO--May 1, 20056, 2005--Drawing a blueprint for domestics on company turnaround, Nissan North America led five segments (one a tie) on Strategic Vision's 2005 Total Quality Index™ (TQI). General Motors products also led five segments (one a tie) according to new owners, the San Diego-based research firm announced today.
"The common thread in Nissan and Infiniti models is superior delivery of power, style and innovation, " says Strategic Vision vice president Daniel Gorrell, "that create a strong emotional response in new owners. The company's strongly focused product effort suggests a route struggling domestic companies might follow."

Several new GM products took top honors in their segments. Pontiac's G6 medium sedan won out over Toyota and Honda entries, as did the Buick Rainier medium sport utility vehicle (SUV).

No one corporation dominated, with Toyota leading four segments (2 ties), BMW three (1 tie) Ford three (2 ties), Hyundai two (1 tie), and Honda, Chrysler and Land Rover one each. After a year out of the winner's circle, BMW reemerged as the top-scoring brand. Nissan North America led as best full-line corporation.

Total Quality, the premier measure of new vehicle owner satisfaction, assesses the complete ownership experience, from buying and owning to driving new vehicles. This is how buyers gauge quality, including attributes and the emotional response to vehicle.

Buyers rated the following vehicles tops in their segments: (closely ranked scores, if the differences are not statistically significant, are considered ties)
Small Car Ford Focus/Hyundai
Accent/Mazda3 (tie) 860 / 859 / 859

Small Multi-Function (MFV)(a) Chrysler PT Cruiser /
Scion xB (tie) 843 / 842

Medium Car Pontiac G6 875

Large Car Ford 500 / Nissan
Maxima (tie) 886 / 886

Small Specialty -$25,000 Ford Mustang 915

Small Specialty +$25,000 Chevrolet Corvette() 905

Near-Luxury Car BMW 3-Series 934

Luxury Car BMW 5-Series / Lexus LS
430() (tie) 911 / 910

Convertible (-$30,000) Mini Cooper Convertible 891

Convertible (+$30,000) Lexus SC 430 920

Minivan Honda Odyssey() 861

Small SUV Hyundai Tucson 879

Medium Crossover(a) Nissan Murano() 880

Medium SUV Buick Rainier 879

Large SUV Nissan Armada 906

Near-Luxury SUV Infiniti FX() 906

Luxury SUV Range Rover/Hummer
H2/Escalade() (tie) 908 / 907 / 906

Compact Pickup Toyota Tacoma 852

Large Pickup Nissan Titan 893

Heavy Duty Pickup GMC Sierra 2500/3500 883
(a) New segment in 2005
() 2004 Total Quality Award™ winner

New this year are multi-function vehicle (MFV) categories. Not all garnered awards as these segments are still developing. A medium crossover class makes its debut this year as well. "Trying to peg the growing number of these 'capable cars' into traditional categories just didn't make sense," says Gorrell.

"Buyers' rational and emotional needs differ from vehicle segment to segment," says Strategic Vision president Dr. Darrel Edwards. "Psychologically, MFV buyers' emotional needs and responses to the vehicles are so different from those associated with purchases of traditional SUVs that it only made sense to create separate classes that capture those differences."

More than 40,793 buyers who bought 2005 models in October and November of 2004 supplied data. "We gather comprehensive data that reflects the breadth and depth of the ownership experience, including emotions. The information is used to calculate 'Total Quality' indices. These integrated relationships between attributes and emotions mirror how people respond to their new vehicle. Those product and performance characteristics that deliver more desired emotions more strongly impact the perception of Total Quality," opines Dr. Edwards.

"As the number of new vehicles and segments continues to grow, understanding the emotional needs of buyers in each segment will be critical," continues Dr. Edwards. "Successful companies will be able to deliver products generating such positive emotional experiences that they delight their customer. That builds loyalty with significant monetary implications."

Strategic Vision has calculated the Total Quality Index™ annually since 1995. In addition, the firm releases a Total Value Index™ and a Total Delight Index™ that focus on different aspects of new vehicle owners' experiences.

Since its incorporation in 1986, the research-based consultancy that was founded in 1972 has studied consumer and constituent decision-making for a wide variety of clients, including most auto manufacturers, Coca-Cola, American Airlines, and Procter and Gamble, among many. Its unique expertise is identifying consumers' motivational hierarchies, including the values and emotions that drive perceptions and behavior.

Wow Nice find Jason! You're the man with the info :worship:

I did have the oppurtunity to ride and drive a family friend's 500. I must tell you, that car is amazing. Especially with the CVT transmission
Old 6/15/05, 12:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Red Star@June 15, 2005, 12:14 PM
Um ... yes they are.
I'm gonna be completely honest with you - I would be on Ford's side in most cases. Surprised? Yeah, I'm the only guy on this forum who's defending Toyota's side. I never liked Toyota before (I don't like them much now either), but I do have a lot of respect for them. In pretty much every car and suv comparison Toyota/Lexus will win. Every time Car and Driver tests Lexus against Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Cadillac ... competition Lexus always win. They also recently tested best $30,000 sedans - Avalon won in front of 300, Maxima, 500, LaCrosse and Amanti. Now in truck business, they're relatively new and you can't do anything overnight, so domestic companies are still best in that business.
I like my Camry, but I don't enjoy driving her. Both Mustang and Intrepid are more fun to drive and I enjoy a lot more driving them instead of Camry. But when it comes to engine quality Carmy is way ahead of both Mustang and Intrepid, even though it have almost same mileage than Mustang and Intrepid together.
I'm looking to buy Lincoln Navigator now and I'm looking to trade one of my cars. I never even though about trading Camry, its gonna be either Mustang or Intrepid. I wanna trade cars that I like and I wanna keep car that I don't like, all because of awesome quality of engine.
The perception is that Toyota is light years ahead of everyone else in the world and that just isn't true. A search of the NHTSA website yields tons of recalls and TSBs on Toyota vehicles. Not to mention the crash test results stated elsewhere in this thread. Does Toyota make good vehicles: yes. Are they head and shoulders above everyone else: most definitely no.

BTW, what year Camry do you have?
Old 6/15/05, 12:30 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by TomServo92@June 15, 2005, 12:24 PM
The perception is that Toyota is light years ahead of everyone else in the world and that just isn't true. A search of the NHTSA website yields tons of recalls and TSBs on Toyota vehicles. Not to mention the crash test results stated elsewhere in this thread. Does Toyota make good vehicles: yes. Are they head and shoulders above everyone else: most definitely no.

BTW, what year Camry do you have?
Maybe not light years, but Toyota is in front of everybody. Do you agree with that?

I have 1994 Camry V6 (3.0L).
Old 6/15/05, 12:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well put Mark This is what many people are saying. I agree fully

BTW How do you like the Mazda 6? I really think they look sharp
Old 6/15/05, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by Red Star@June 15, 2005, 11:36 AM
Cars on that list like Pontiac G6 and Ford 500 are on market for only 9 months or so. You're not supposed to check quality after 1 year and 10,000 miles because most of cars in that period won't have any problems.
Check quality after 5-8 years and 100,000 - 150,000 miles. That will show real winner.
They are comparing cars of the current MY. This whole discussion is on Toyota's quality right now, not 10 years ago. If Toyota vehicles are having problems after only one year, do you think they will miraculously disappear and not have any problems 5-10 years from now? If I am buying a new car, the quality of the 1995 MY vehicles means little or nothing, it's what they are doing now. Most people don't keep cars for 5-8 years anyway. You will find that most new cars change ownership after 3-5 years.
Old 6/15/05, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Red Star@June 15, 2005, 1:33 PM
Maybe not light years, but Toyota is in front of everybody. Do you agree with that?

I have 1994 Camry V6 (3.0L).
I would say they are slightly better than most, but not by much.
Old 6/15/05, 01:15 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 15, 2005, 8:51 AM

I will give Honda, Subaru, Ford, VW, and few other companies business but I will never give toyota or mitsubishi one red cent :nono:

I agree
Old 6/15/05, 01:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by holderca1@June 15, 2005, 3:07 PM
They are comparing cars of the current MY. This whole discussion is on Toyota's quality right now, not 10 years ago. If Toyota vehicles are having problems after only one year, do you think they will miraculously disappear and not have any problems 5-10 years from now? If I am buying a new car, the quality of the 1995 MY vehicles means little or nothing, it's what they are doing now. Most people don't keep cars for 5-8 years anyway. You will find that most new cars change ownership after 3-5 years.
The nail has officially been hit on the head The problems that toyo has been having recently are only getting worse. Like I said earlier toyo is very reminiscent of the early to mid 90's VW. No one thought anything of that until it was too late.

And these problems with toyo lately are not small recalls, these are MAJOR safety recalls, which strikes a bad nerve with me

Quick Reply: Toyota's Shiny Happy People . . .