General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/13, 06:23 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, Camry is being built in the USA - its not being imported from anywhere else.
So no matter how high the import tax is in the USA, that rule wouldn't apply to Camry.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
That's bull**** and you know it. Sorry, but it is. Noone in their right mind would buy a Toyota over a BMW or Merc given the same pricing.
And if Toyota had to pay a high import tax, so would Ford, since Fusion was being built in Mexico until this year. Meaning that if Toyota had to price Camry at $36,000, due to a high import tax, Ford would have to price Fusion just as much.
And BMW 3-Series wouldn't cost $36,000 - it would cost over $50,000 because its being built in Germany and imported to the USA.

What makes you think that only Toyota would have to raise their prices and everybody else can keep their prices the same?

Last edited by Zastava_101; 1/2/13 at 08:57 PM.
Old 1/3/13, 12:20 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You think japan would allow ford to have a factory there? Lol
Old 1/3/13, 12:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Anyone ever seen the movie Gung-Ho?

That's good acting right there.
Old 1/3/13, 01:16 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
like that movie!
Old 1/3/13, 07:47 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
You think japan would allow ford to have a factory there? Lol
It doesn't matter, its not like the Big 3 could compete against Toyota, Honda and Nissan on the Japanese market anyways.

They can barely compete with them on their own home (American) market ...
Old 1/3/13, 09:25 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After reading this thread I am left wondering why you're even here Zoran. You continue to show nothing but negativity towards Ford and other domestic automakers, in regards to quality, price, and sales. Maybe you'd be better off going to a Toyota forum and spouting off over there? I can arrange for a vacation if you'd like.
Old 1/3/13, 09:40 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by Overboost
After reading this thread I am left wondering why you're even here Zoran.
I do own 3 Fords ...

Any by the way, I did not start this topic, this topic is a cut off from another topic which I did not start. Its not like I started saying crap about Fords for no reason.

You continue to show nothing but negativity towards Ford and other domestic automakers, in regards to quality, price, and sales.
I give credit when credit is due.
If this is a anti-Japanese car forum, where people can say crap about Japanese manufacturers, but can say only nice things about domestic manufacturers - please say so. Since when people say something negative about Ford, GM and Chrysler - that's a problem, but they can say anything negative they want about Toyota and Honda and that's fine?
What do you want me to say, that Fords are better in terms of quality, fuel economy and resale values than Toyotas?
I like all car manufacturers and I'm not gonna praise X car compared to a Y car just because of his badge.

I can arrange for a vacation if you'd like.
If you feel that's for the best, you're a boss, I have no saying in your decision.

You do whatever you think its for the best, and if me not being here will benefit the site, just say so and I'll leave and won't be coming back. I don't wanna stay anywhere where I'm not welcome.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 1/3/13 at 10:31 AM.
Old 1/3/13, 10:14 AM
Cobra R Member

everyone has there opinion and should but then again some can go over board. make the point and move on. I think the point in your view ( and maybe others ) has been made, no need to keep hammering it. None of these manufacturers are w/o faults period.
Old 1/3/13, 10:36 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
It doesn't matter, its not like the Big 3 could compete against Toyota, Honda and Nissan on the Japanese market anyways.

They can barely compete with them on their own home (American) market ...
It does matter when you're arguing global sales and the playing field is not even close to being even.

After reading this thread I am left wondering why you're even here Zoran.
I get this feeling sometimes too. But then I realize Zoran just likes to argue and So like Skunk said above I make my point and move on lol
Old 1/3/13, 10:59 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

If you and others had "moved on", you wouldn't be having discussions with me all the time about the same subjects ...
You know, nobody is forsing you to talk to me, if you don't want to you can just ignore the things that I write ...
Old 1/3/13, 11:17 AM
Cobra R Member

If you and others had "moved on", you wouldn't be having discussions with me all the time about the same subjects ...
You know, nobody is forsing you to talk to me, if you don't want to you can just ignore the things that I write ...
Actaully I don't mind reading things that you type it's just that..ahh whats the point you are who you are even though you do like to pluck a nerve .
Old 1/3/13, 11:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I don't know what all the fuss is about.

It's not like Zoran just joined. Everyone knows his viewpoints. Besides he keeps us informed of what's going on in the world. No reason to be isolationists.

We are not C5!
Old 1/3/13, 11:26 AM
MOTM Committee Member

I said I make my point, then I move on. I don't mind you trolling. But somebody has to check some of the hot garbage coming off your keyboard sometimes

Me and you argue all the time (along with several others). It's a natural part of TMS lol
Old 1/3/13, 11:38 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
p.s. Anyone wants to bet that the next big scandal (recalls due to safety, fuel economy ...) is gonna happens to either Subaru and/or Volkswagen in the USA?
It has begun . . .

Subaru recalling almost 634,000* CUVs, sedans for possible puddle light short
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/03/s...ssible-puddle/
Old 1/3/13, 11:40 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
It has begun . . .

Subaru recalling almost 634,000* CUVs, sedans for possible puddle light short
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/03/s...ssible-puddle/
**** ... why didn't anyone take the bet to prove me wrong?
Old 1/3/13, 12:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Where's Steff and those dadnab member roles?!
Old 1/4/13, 01:05 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

is it to late to recall the mustang II?
Old 1/5/13, 10:39 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Flagstang
is it to late to recall the mustang II?
I am still very worried about this mustang II issue. When will ford fix it?
Old 1/5/13, 11:20 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

GM had a record loss of $38.7 billion in 2007 and $30.8 billion loss in 2008 - yeah, it was very difficult to see that they weren't gonna survive for a long time without asking for government help.

How could've anyone predicted that ...
My problem is that you're totally inconsistent. To you, every move Ford makes is wrong: "One Ford" is a failure before it even gets off the ground; their new vehicles are overpriced and crap; Ford's recalls of late are a sign of impending doom. However, in light of Toyota issuing the largest recall in history, you're not only completely silent when it comes to commenting on that (hey, I guess if Toyota's still selling vehicles, what's the problem, right?), you completely fabricate excuses for the foreign auto manufacturer. It's also good to know that a young man from Serbia has his finger on the pulse of "everyone outside the U.S," but when emails from Toyota executives say,

"I hate to break this to you but WE HAVE a tendency for MECHANICAL failure in accelerator pedals of a certain manufacturer on certain models. We are not protecting our customers by keeping this quiet. The time to hide on this one is over. We better just hope that they can get NHTSA to work with us in coming with a workable solution that does not put us out of business."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...tales-edition/

...and people are dying in Toyota vehicles because of unknown reasons, I can definitely see, in the name of public safety, why the U.S. Government got involved. If it had been your loved one who died like the folks below, I can guarantee you'd be singing a different tune, and you'd be forced to supplant your lips from the *** of all things Toyota...

Of course, it was NASA, an arm of the U.S. Government, who completely exonerated Toyota, at least ruling out electrical gremlins as the root cause for Toyota's unintended acceleration issues.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/nasalife/...ota-study.html

NASA did find two issues with some Toyota vehicles, issues that could be wholly responsible for unintended acceleration.

"Two mechanical safety defects were identified by NHTSA more than a year ago: "sticking" accelerator pedals and a design flaw that enabled accelerator pedals to become trapped by floor mats. These are the only known causes for the reported unintended acceleration incidents. Toyota recalled nearly 8 million vehicles in the United States for these two defects."

Oh by the way ...
Recalls, tsunami in Japan and slow sales in the world largest market (China) due to the conflict between the Japan and China = Toyota still #1.
So? What's your point? What does that prove? Does Toyota build a better vehicle than, for example, Ford? A safer vehicle? Does Toyota pioneer better technologies than domestic auto makers? Do Toyota vehicles offer better styling than the domestic brands? To me, it's a resounding "NO" on all fronts, yet Toyota is still the sales leader, despite all the negative publicity regarding their quality of late, too. If anything, the sales statistics you continually hold up as some sort of battle cry prove a completely different point...

Last edited by MARZ; 1/5/13 at 11:21 AM.
Old 1/5/13, 02:31 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

MARZ, think what you want; I already said what I wanted to say. This is a Ford forum and there is no way in hell that somebody here is gonna admit that Ford could do wrong and that Toyota can do anything right. I guess a subjective opinion, like styling of a car, is more important to a middle age family man that stupid things, like quality over a long term of time, or even dumber things like a resale value.
Ford's recalls: "Its important that they caught it on time and that they care about the customers".
Toyota's recalls: "Their reputation for quality went down to the toilet, they can't do anything right these days, why are these idiots still buying 10 million Toyotas every year".

I got it.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 1/5/13 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Toyota