General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Top Gear US Returns September 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/13 | 09:17 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Top Gear US Returns September 3rd

http://www.finalgear.com/news/2013/0...september-3rd/

According to a press release by the History channel as well as a tweet by Rutledge Wood, the American version of Top Gear will be back on Tuesday, September 3rd!
Old 8/18/13 | 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

It's slowly getting better. Lets hope it continues the trend.

But I would like them to test actual cars around a track like the UK version. I like to see the comparisons in lap times.
Old 8/18/13 | 02:31 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Blah blah blah. I love to watch it for the cars and the comedy but I'm just about tired of Jeremy Clarkson. Hammond and May are hilarious but Clarkson can take his "proper" and shove it in his ***. Maybe I just don't like the English.
Old 8/18/13 | 02:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Blah blah blah. I love to watch it for the cars and the comedy but I'm just about tired of Jeremy Clarkson. Hammond and May are hilarious but Clarkson can take his "proper" and shove it in his ***. Maybe I just don't like the English.
Ummm... I'm thinking they're talking about Top Gear US version....
Old 8/18/13 | 02:52 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Did you notice the US part in the subject of this topic?

Season 20 of TG UK just ended few weeks ago so the next season is probably coming early next year.
Old 8/18/13 | 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Zastava_101

Did you notice the US part in the subject of this topic?

Season 20 of TG UK just ended few weeks ago so the next season is probably coming early next year.
I just can't seem to get into the US version yet. The chemistry is still not there. Or maybe Tanner just bugs the crap out of me.
Old 8/18/13 | 03:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just can't seem to get into the US version yet. The chemistry is still not there. Or maybe Tanner just bugs the crap out of me.
I don't like the guy with glasses, I don't mind tanner. I don't watch TopGear anymore, the UK guys seem like they have grown tired, the US guys I don't like much.
Old 8/18/13 | 04:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

can't wait!!!
Old 8/18/13 | 04:31 PM
Needs to be more Astony

I thought of you watching Jay Leno garage about the new Z28 and Jay Leno says proper manual transmission. What other words are there for it?
Old 8/18/13 | 04:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Knight

I thought of you watching Jay Leno garage about the new Z28 and Jay Leno says proper manual transmission. What other words are there for it?
Why not just manual transmission?
Old 8/18/13 | 05:03 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
can't wait!!!
My oldest daughter and I both like to watch it together!
Old 8/18/13 | 05:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

US top gear sucks.. Clarkson is what makes the UK version. They need to stop trying to make the US version like the UK version. They need to relax with the dick jokes and tell tanner to calm the f#$% down. I really hate all three of the top gear USA hosts..

Top gear UK works because its has that little touch of UK class Americans envy. Top gear USA needs that little touch of old school American class that gained respect from the rest of the planet. BTW I am not talking about the fake modern American kardashian tabloid house wife's of the OC kind of class either. I am talking MF'n Rockefeller Henry Ford aspen fine mahogany with a side of ken block.

Those for the most part are not sentences.. I'm fine with that.
Old 8/18/13 | 06:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
US top gear sucks.. Clarkson is what makes the UK version. They need to stop trying to make the US version like the UK version. They need to relax with the dick jokes and tell tanner to calm the f#$% down. I really hate all three of the top gear USA hosts..

Top gear UK works because its has that little touch of UK class Americans envy. Top gear USA needs that little touch of old school American class that gained respect from the rest of the planet. BTW I am not talking about the fake modern American kardashian tabloid house wife's of the OC kind of class either. I am talking MF'n Rockefeller Henry Ford aspen fine mahogany with a side of ken block.

Clarkson is the reason I like TopGear
Old 8/18/13 | 06:18 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Top gear UK works ...
Correction - it used to work. Now its just old, boring and predictable. For the past few seasons, I don't think I saw a single episode from the beginning to the end ... and I used to love that show.
Old 8/18/13 | 07:17 PM

Clarkson is a big headed bafoon. He's the least entertaining of the crew. Typical Brittish big headed douchebag.

Correction - it used to work. Now its just old, boring and predictable. For the past few seasons, I don't think I saw a single episode from the beginning to the end ... and I used to love that show.
Right. But at least the cars are still great.
Old 8/18/13 | 07:27 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

They are ... when they test them for the first time. I got tired of seeing Porsche 911 and Lamborghini Gallardo in the every season.
Old 8/18/13 | 07:29 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Clarkson is a big headed bafoon. He's the least entertaining of the crew. Typical Brittish big headed douchebag.
I don't think you understand British humor ...

Here's something that you should watch. Its one of my favorite tv shows ... ever. I used to watch it as a kid and every few years or so I re-watch the entire series.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 8/18/13 at 07:31 PM.
Old 8/18/13 | 10:54 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Why not just manual transmission?
Because a DSG is a manual transmission too, but it lacks a clutch of a "proper" manual transmission.
Old 8/18/13 | 10:57 PM
Needs to be more Astony

I have really enjoyed this season. I thought the episode this season where they built the hover van was especially hilarious.
Old 8/19/13 | 03:11 AM
GTR Member

Thumbs up

Correction - it used to work. Now its just old, boring and predictable.

I agree...........but then 20 series using the same format is always going to get a little boring. What it needs is less bafooning around "modifying" cars like an 8 year old boy would and more hooning around in enthusiast cars.

Having said that, Series 20 was pretty good, albeit only 6 episodes.

As a Brit, I love Top Gear USA. For me, it's a mix of the locations, the cars and the hosts. Personally, I think the 3 are now gelling nicely together. I have Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and will happily watch them over and over.

Last edited by Twin Turbo; 8/19/13 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Top Gear US Returns September 3rd