General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Since I'm getting the Mustang, Im thinking

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/05, 08:26 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mffarrell@October 18, 2005, 9:27 PM
What he said. We need a front shot of you.

haha guys you aren't very resourceful eh??

i'm going to finally be taking some decent shots of the car this weekend - i'll get a shot of me in it too.
Old 10/18/05, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Krissy,
I'm resourceful. And, my name is Matthew also.
Old 10/18/05, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you honestly think you get an unbiased opinion posting about a GM car on a mostly Ford dominated forum?

Had GM originally stuck with the original release date I'd probably have a Solstice right now, getting ready for a little turbo and some new suspension mods :-). At that time I never thought I could get a mustang though. It's a great little car, and handles amazing on a smaller corvette chasis.
Old 10/18/05, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Route 66@October 18, 2005, 10:17 PM
Guys,
Check this out.

K's into all this stuff. Leather too. That's it, I'm moving to Canada.

K, on a serious note, where is that ski resort? Is that part of the Canadian Rockies?

Gentlemen...I think we have found what I term "The Perfect Woman". Mustangs and motorcycles...I think Toronto may have something there!
Old 10/18/05, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey, my girlfriend is a Kristina too.... and she is into Mustangs and bikes...... maybe its the name? I dont know, but I'm diggin it. hehe.
Old 10/18/05, 11:20 PM
Bullitt Member

C'mon you guys! Give poor Kristina a break!
We're up here in the great white north, she can't turn around her lips are frozen to her grill emblem!
You'll only ever do it once!
Old 10/18/05, 11:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Here come the leghumpers...
Old 10/19/05, 12:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Route 66@October 18, 2005, 8:17 PM
K, on a serious note, where is that ski resort? Is that part of the Canadian Rockies?
Its called whistlerblackcomb and it's about a hour drive from north vancouver british columbia canada...

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/index.htm

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mou...maps/index.htm

As for that gm...its nice looking,but it's a gm so you take your chances....

Krissy: nice mustang...how about a couple shots in front of the acc (for this crazy leaf fan on the left coast) :-)
Old 10/19/05, 01:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by emperorjordan@October 18, 2005, 10:41 PM
Hey, my girlfriend is a Kristina too.... and she is into Mustangs and bikes...... maybe its the name? I dont know, but I'm diggin it. hehe.
It's gotta be the name. My Christina loves the stang and has done some of the sickest burnouts in it that I have seen.

Poor tires :shock:
Old 10/19/05, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

I've liked the Solstice ever since I first saw pictures of the prototype years ago. I actually prefer the coupe version that they had back then. I hope they make the fastback coupe someday...it's the first car that really spoke to me.

You can't tell me that isn't a sexy beast. Throw a turbo'd V6 in there...well, we can dream, can't we?
Old 10/19/05, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Those things are slow...that's why they are 20k. It's all looks(which aren't too bad).
Old 10/19/05, 08:17 AM
GT Member

Like everyone else said, get your wife what she wants.

Does she really want a new car? If so, what kind?

My wife pointed out a saphire (sp?) ring a few weeks ago. Asked if there was any opportunity for me to buy it for her in the future...

Heck yeah there's an opportunity! It will be in the glove compartment of my '06 GT when it arrives in a few weeks. She has been telling me to get everything I want for my new car, so she deserves a little something too. It's not a second 'Stang, but it will have to do for a few years...
Old 10/19/05, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

all these people in love with you K and not one bothered to check out your website for your pics
Old 10/19/05, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

oh and my girls name is cristina and i am a warm sunny sunday away from covincing her to pose in a bikini next to my baby... Silly weather paterns kicked my butt. But anyways back on topic, I will agree with everyone to get her what she wants even if its somethign you dont agree with at all.
Old 10/19/05, 09:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They had a write up in Popular Science on the Solstice several years ago. It is in the Guiness Book of World Records as the fastest production car ever built. That car is a sweety but impractical for a poor old family man/woman. I was on the short list (Pontiac Lottery) to get one of the special 1st 1000 serialized cars but alas....my name wasnt drawn. So I bought a G6.
Old 10/19/05, 10:48 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're making a V8 solstice in a year or two, not the wimpy miata-like 177hp V4 it has now
Old 10/19/05, 11:04 AM

I've liked the Solstice ever since I first saw it. Reminds me of an old Porsche 356B. Before you surprise your wife, make sure she likes it, too. As far as being slow, c'mon, those little roadsters are made for fun and handling. They're not meant to be rockets. As far as not wanting to go with GM, I think that's narrow minded(still an American car). If I like a car, I like the car, regardless of who makes it (just like in politics, I don't like voting along party lines regardless of whether I like the candidate). If you like it, I say "do it."
Old 10/19/05, 11:54 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

HAHA hey guys - I'm busy all morning with our client and I come back to this...hehe

I dunno what it is - maybe it IS the name - my parents actually wanted it to be Krystina but thought the K was different enough without making it more of a headache by adding the Y.

haha Matthew eh? Seems like a common name for me Seems like you posted something different but then edited it?? Dunno - but yep, Canadian girls rock...

As mentioned, the pics of my family are up on the top of Whistler Mountain - one of our largest ski resorts, out north of Vancouver in B.C. I've been lucky enough to be going out there since I was 5 or so...It's amazing, esp at the peak when it's nice and sunny. Some days though it can be crazy nasty weather all the way up there.

Motorcycles - always loved them, even before cars I think...but couldn't afford one until a couple of years ago. nothing beats a good sport bike on a track. this year i finally dragged a knee...was an amazing feeling!

65gtfaskback - ya luckily the day I picked her up it was pretty warm but darn if you ever are dumb enough to do that in the winter...shame on you!

tom_vilsak - i work about 30 seconds from the ACC so sometime when I can, I'll try and take a pic for you...these days tickets for leaf games are $$$$$ though

ok well i think i've addressed all the posts

on topic: no, i don't think they will make a V6, let alone a V8 solstice...someone may do that aftermarket, but GM has always been firm in saying the kappa platform was never designed for an engine larger then a 4cyl.

kris
Old 10/19/05, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Holy testosterone Batman! It looks like you have some fans Kristina
Old 10/19/05, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Oh, so that's what you call them, Clients.

Quick Reply: Since I'm getting the Mustang, Im thinking