TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROUSH launching third brand, may tune imports

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/20/r...-tune-imports/
Old 2/20/08, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

To me this is a very sad thing.... I also found it interesting that he said they have no intentions of working with Challenger or Camaro. If they are going to branch out I would prefer them to keep this to a muscle region!
Old 2/20/08, 03:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

It seems to me that it's not Roush that's leaving Ford, but Ford is one that is leaving Roush.

Take Ford's NASCAR program for example. It's horrible. How many teams would go through what Roush is going through? Give Roush a Chevy and they'll be better than Hendrick. I'm surprised that Kenseth and Edwards didn't follow Ku. Busch and J. Burton when they left Ford for Dodge and Chevy.
Old 2/20/08, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still wouldn't be surprised if they do the challenger even though they denied it.
Old 2/20/08, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NASCAR is a joke nowadays!! Just look at the "Car of Tomorrow"? THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!!! Only difference is the grill. Car of Tomorrow and they still use carburated engines, WTF!! You want to spice it up? Go buy cars from the showroom and race them!! This is why I watch F1. Technology, the race is only 65-80 laps long, so it doesn't consume your entire day, THEY RACE IN RAIN!! What a concept!! The races are televised live in the early AM Sunday. So by the time its over, it may only be 10 am EST! The engines and cars ARE DIFFERENT!!! The start is better!!! I can go on and on. They even said Sunday that NASCAR's ratings are down. They lost me when the allowed Toyota to run!! American's race with an Import?!! PLEASE!!!
Old 2/20/08, 06:34 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
This is why I watch F1.
I was with you up to this.

F1? Isn't that racing where winner is known after qualifying?

I used to like F1 when I was living in Europe, but F1 is just too boring. I watched last season's race at Indianapolis. Lewis Hamilton qualified first, led the entire race and then won. How boring is that? In 2007 season only Ferrari and McLaren Mercedes won races. Only 4 drivers won races (Raikkonen, Massa, Hamilton and Alonso).
Old 2/21/08, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, but in F1 they know what a right turn is. Besides, everybody knows the most ***** out racing is Rally. I really wouldn't want a STI or EVO over my stang, but dang, the real rally racing is kick ***.
Old 2/21/08, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Von Bek
Yeah, but in F1 they know what a right turn is. Besides, everybody knows the most ***** out racing is Rally. I really wouldn't want a STI or EVO over my stang, but dang, the real rally racing is kick ***.
That your right my friend!! Awesome racing. Wish Speed would televise more of it. RIP Colin McRae, you left us WAY too soon.
Old 2/21/08, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Red Star
I was with you up to this.

F1? Isn't that racing where winner is known after qualifying?

I used to like F1 when I was living in Europe, but F1 is just too boring. I watched last season's race at Indianapolis. Lewis Hamilton qualified first, led the entire race and then won. How boring is that? In 2007 season only Ferrari and McLaren Mercedes won races. Only 4 drivers won races (Raikkonen, Massa, Hamilton and Alonso).
That was Indy, a BAD place to run F1. How can you say it was boring, with the last race of the year, having 4 people who could win the title. Kimi came from 4th place to beat them all, after Hamilton had MAJOR issues with his car, and driving. That last race was incredible. You gotta give me that.
Old 2/21/08, 02:14 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Kimmi was 3rd before last race. I don't watch F1, but I still follow race results.

Last season was one of few that decided a champion during the last race.

Before that it was just too boring. Remember when Michael Schumacher was driving? Or Mika Hakinen? Or when Fernando Alonso was with Renault? That's when I stopped watching F1 and started watching NASCAR.

I wanna see more than 4 drivers winning a race in the entire season and more than two teams winning a race in the entire season.
Old 2/21/08, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Schumacher was just awesome in any car he drove. If Senna hadn't had that untimely accident, F1 would have seen some of the best racing ever. As it was, nobody was even close to Schumacher.
Old 2/21/08, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Red Star
Kimmi was 3rd before last race. I don't watch F1, but I still follow race results.

Last season was one of few that decided a champion during the last race.

Before that it was just too boring. Remember when Michael Schumacher was driving? Or Mika Hakinen? Or when Fernando Alonso was with Renault? That's when I stopped watching F1 and started watching NASCAR.

I wanna see more than 4 drivers winning a race in the entire season and more than two teams winning a race in the entire season.

Actually, what I want out of NASCAR is a points system that doesn't coddle the losers. You could win the Cup and never win a race. Although the new points system in F1 is almost as bad.
Old 2/21/08, 02:33 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Not necessarily. If you have 0 wins after first 26 races you will start the chase from 12th position and chances are pretty low that you can win the championship that way.

Now, Indy, that was fun. Last turn of last race of the season decided the champion. Dario Franchitti was great last year.
Old 2/23/08, 02:55 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, my favorite is the '24 Hours of LeMans' endurance racing. Now THAT is tough stuff.