General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Prius on Prius carnage in SF! Video inside...

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/14, 01:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Prius on Prius carnage in SF! Video inside...

http://sfist.com/2014/05/12/video_ne...dge_traffi.php
Old 5/15/14, 07:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Anyone watch this? It made my day!!
Old 5/15/14, 08:05 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
My name is David, and I approve this message!
Old 5/15/14, 08:25 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I hope no one was injured
Old 5/15/14, 08:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Is it just me or are Prius drivers the worst drivers on the road? Around here they're about the most arrogant it seems.
Old 5/15/14, 08:40 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Is it just me or are Prius drivers the worst drivers on the road? Around here they're about the most arrogant it seems.
They are the same here
Old 5/15/14, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And as usual in California, NO ONE - NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON - got out to check on the drivers and see if they were ok. They just looked for a way around the accident. The News crew didn't even go over to help.

Gotta love the Golden State and their ALL ME mentality.
Old 5/15/14, 09:42 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Oh My Gawd

Oh My Gawd

Oh My Gawd
Old 5/15/14, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This.

Originally Posted by Cristoff
And as usual in California, NO ONE - NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON - got out to check on the drivers and see if they were ok. They just looked for a way around the accident. The News crew didn't even go over to help. Gotta love the Golden State and their ALL ME mentality.
And this. Although the traffic on that stretch, which is what the film crew was originally covering, is terrible and crazy. I'm sure people were afraid to get out until traffic slowed - mainly due to the other idiots who just drive on by.

Last year after Fabulous Fords I was on my way back to my hotel and an older lady spun out in her Mazda 6 right in front of me, completely on her own. Another truck slightly drifted into her lane and she swerved to avoid him, but completely overcompensated and fish tailed. She didn't hit anything, and no one hit her (how, I don't know), so I used my car (rental) to block the two right lanes to allow her to turn around and pull over. I was the only one that stopped with her to make sure she was okay. I would have anyway, but when I saw she was probably in her late 70s, I imagined my grandma doing something similar and would hope that someone would have stopped for her. She was so thankful that I stopped and her husband was following a few cars back in his F-150 and he was even more thankful. They were both older white folks who probably lived in SoCal their whole lives (husband was a vet) and were in disbelief a) someone in SoCal stopped for an accident and b) someone my age extended that courtesy to them. They both shook my hand and gave me a hug, and we were all on our way.
Old 5/15/14, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
**** even the truck that was literally right behind the one car as it happened just drove off. Didn't even stay as a witness or call for help...wow...sad
Old 5/15/14, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
**** even the truck that was literally right behind the one car as it happened just drove off. Didn't even stay as a witness or call for help...wow...sad
Well, in his defense, who cares about two Prius owners hitting each other?
Old 5/15/14, 12:04 PM
NTTAWWT

The Prius drivers around here are just obnoxious. They don't pay any attention, they're always in the way and slowing up traffic. They also have a reputation of not moving completely over into the turning lane.
Old 5/15/14, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
The Prius drivers around here are just obnoxious. They don't pay any attention, they're always in the way and slowing up traffic. They also have a reputation of not moving completely over into the turning lane.
They're like that every where. Like 95% of the time. If not, they're doing 90mph and weaving in and out of traffic.
Old 5/15/14, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Sounds silly I know but I've been cut off, at speed, twice by two different drivers both driving a Prius. Once was in my Gmc truck which was bad enough, but the other while I was on my harley and I wanted to catch back up to him and force him to stop just to ask what his problem was.

It's like those cars are so small the drivers think they can fit anywhere and to be fair again because of their size they probably feel pretty "nimble" so these jackwagons think their driving an Indy car lol.
Old 5/15/14, 01:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sounds silly I know but I've been cut off, at speed, twice by two different drivers both driving a Prius. Once was in my Gmc truck which was bad enough, but the other while I was on my harley and I wanted to catch back up to him and force him to stop just to ask what his problem was. It's like those cars are so small the drivers think they can fit anywhere and to be fair again because of their size they probably feel pretty "nimble" so these jackwagons think their driving an Indy car lol.
Yup. So they get zero respect from me on the freeway. That goes for most the people on my 8-5 M-F commute though, a wrist-slitting sea of beige Toyotas, Hondas, Kias and Hyundais. Mindless drones, transplanted from somewhere other than here.
Old 5/16/14, 12:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cristoff
And as usual in California, NO ONE - NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON - got out to check on the drivers and see if they were ok. They just looked for a way around the accident. The News crew didn't even go over to help.

Gotta love the Golden State and their ALL ME mentality.
Id say this is more true for SF than most of the bay. In the city no one cares about anything because there's too much BS to going wrong anyways, but I find that people definitely stop and help in less crowded areas. Still techinically "cities" but nothing like what the larger metropolises are like.

Hell every accident I've ever been in someone has tried to help me, even the ones where I was only a passenger in another vehicle.
Old 5/16/14, 08:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is bizarre that no one got out to render aid.

As a former Prius owner I get a kick out of all the stereotypes portrayed here.

Driving 4 grandkids around to little league, hockey, soccer...while getting 50mpg was awesome AND their generation thinks the Prius is the cool car, ya bunch of old phartz!
Old 5/16/14, 08:50 PM
NTTAWWT

If you want mpg there are other options. Better options in some cases. In my experience, most people have bought a Prius bc they want other people to know they're uppity.
Old 5/16/14, 09:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
"Oh my gosh, are they ok???"

Well go and find out, you dolts!
Old 5/17/14, 03:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Outlander
That is bizarre that no one got out to render aid. As a former Prius owner I get a kick out of all the stereotypes portrayed here. Driving 4 grandkids around to little league, hockey, soccer...while getting 50mpg was awesome AND their generation thinks the Prius is the cool car, ya bunch of old phartz!
I'm 26, almost 27 lol

Quick Reply: Prius on Prius carnage in SF! Video inside...